September crew... what are you doing?

Have a trip planned for first week of Oct, but now that they've cancelled out our ADRs we don't really have a leg to stand on, even if we wanted to go, since you currently can't buy tickets. We were planning to stay off-site, and we were waiting on tickets closer to our FP+ window.

Still leaving a .5% chance of going open in my heart in case they open up a little more and phase back in some of the magic. Otherwise, I'll start eyeing Dec, and if that also falls through, we'll start planning and hoping for 2021.

that was my original thought and then I realized I’ll be getting back park hopper money too(since you had to book those to get the free dining don’t need them now)
I didn’t see any park hopper refund on mine.

I will definitely be requesting a refund on park hoppers if they aren't automatically taking it off. (Although, if they aren't taking it off, are they saying we can park hop after all?)

I didn’t see any park hopper refund on mine.
Hopefully that will be something they can be taken off later because I don’t wanna buy them even if they are available if I’m not getting the free dining

I am cancelling our Sept 3-23 trip (WDW , Florida, NYC) that was 2 years in the making :(
International travel from NZ is still not opening back up and no signs of this changing soon.
Plus our first trip with all these restrictions will not be worth it.
Thankfully we had not booked flights yet!
Obviously health and people's jobs & livelihoods are far more important than a vacation but it is sad to have spent ages getting a good deal, booked the perfect adrs, planned park days etc to now cancel with no date set to reschedule :sad:

We are booked for 9/5 - 9/17 (split stay between GF and BC). We are still up in the air. So far, the only 2 things that would prevent us from going are if masks are still mandatory outside (hubby cannot tolerate the heat + mask) and if there is no F&W festival. The other things that have been cancelled/removed are not deal breakers for us.

We had reservations for Labor Day weekend booked since last Oct for a family reunion. This was always planned as a non park trip, so we are not expecting much to be different. We were just talking last weekend that we may not be able to get a large group dining reservation, and may have to bring in all our food. That is not a big inconvenience.
One family member has already said that he will not be traveling until there is a vaccine as he has many medical issues which may him quite high risk. So far, no one else has canceled.

Frustrated Rant from September Honeymooner

I'm in such a rock and hard place right now.

Married 06-2019, planned to go Sept 2019 but decided to wait for Sept 2020 to save and plan for perfect once in a lifetime trip.

I bought Black Friday discount DisCove and Universal tickets at the end of last year.

I woke up Jan 1 at 5 am to schedule free dining for my trip Sept 12-27, 2020 but then the deal window ended the week before we arrived so I couldn't schedule it.

I got a good deal on a single room for Pop from UT for the trip (bought back in Feb) but I didn't buy tickets or the second room we needed because I kept thinking free dining will come in April for our dates and I'd wanted to keep it open in case. Used the Pop reservation to log in mDE and make 180 day ADRs, got some great slots waking up early on exactly 180+10 days out (fireworks timeslot at CG on Saturday night, Ohana dinner, Le Cellier dinner etc an adult foodie paradise).

Saw people were getting free dining for getting canceled in March due to closure, and I dared to have hope.

Woke up early April 24th, no free dining was released due to COVID, went ahead and got a good pandemic deal on B Resort on the two rooms we needed for our party, planned to cancel the Pop room. Thought maybe I'd cancel the B Resort and rebook if Disney ever offered some on-property or Swolphin pandemic deals.

Never got around to buying tickets because I was a little gun shy on something non refundable. Now suddenly, tickets are no longer available, can't change reservations, free dining cancelled for the foreseeable future, all my ADRs gone, no fireworks, park hours reduced, might not have F&W festival, can't make fastpasses, need a reservation to get into the park and can't do that without tickets.

Don't know how reduced the parks will be in hours, experiences and restaurants will be by then. Now I have no idea what's going to happen, who knows if I'll even be able to get tickets and go. We'll go if we can, whatever concessions we have to make because we've got 4 adults with different schedules from two states and it is very difficult to get two consecutive weeks off for this many people.

I would be fine with it all if I just knew that we could still go on the trip but we don't have tickets, nowhere has them anymore and as far as Disney is concerned I haven't been jerked around enough to get any deal on a room or anything. Very unmagical :/

Last edited:
So just got an updated e-mail from Disney "Thanks you for booking" They cancelled the free dining offer (we had upgraded to the regular plan - so now no dining), most of my reservations have been canceled as expected. I still have the park hopper + option and memory maker on there. For 4 people for 14 days with the 35% discount at CB it only saves us $1,035.34 That does not even come close to what free dining would have saved us, especially with the increase in food prices.

Why would they keep park hopped and plus if you can't hop and the water parks aren't open and why would I want memory maker if all your going to see if masked faces.

I am so disappointed that Disney is offering less magic at an increased price. I know we're all going through something right now, but I really needed a magical vacation for my daughter after she lost her dad last week. I'm literally crying right now and I can honestly say Disney has never made me sad before :(

Just got my email too. Cancelled my cantina reservation and my le cellier reservation for early october.

I was supposed to have been recovering from my Disney hangover today (my flight was due in late last night) after a Thursday-Sunday ladies’ only trip with friends, staying at the Grand Floridian and attending Villains After Hours, but, obviously, that didn’t happen. We canceled everything beginning of May, when it was obvious that Disney wouldn’t be open, and my friend with the AP booked Oct 1-4 at the Poly for us. We all just rebooked our flight for October and 2 of us still have our unused tickets from May, so, unless something drastically changes, we’re going and hoping to enjoy Food and Wine (and MNSSHP, if they don't cancel them/open up ticket purchases again) without husbands and kids. Honestly, even if they cancel F&W and there are still no parades or fireworks, we’d probably still go to get away from our families for a few days. If it were our first or once in a lifetime trip, we wouldn’t go but we’ve all been multiple times and plan to go many more times, so a “half” trip is okay with us.

We are going down at the end of Sept to Oct 2. Just two of us so for now we're still going to go. I can understand why people with larger groups may second guess it. Lotta money for not as much stuff. Waiting game now to see if anything changes any by then.

Late September-Early October trippers here, and our plan is still a go for now.
We have no problems with the mask requirements or other requirements to help keep us & those around us safe, and we're not the parade types.

We are Disney foodies, though, so the ADR situation is making us a bit iffy about things, but if we can't get our favorites we are looking forward to trying some new things!

Sept 6-10 at ASMusic solo
I booked this in January on a whim with a free dining promo. I have never gone Labor Day week because of my job. I always read of the last “slow” week left and wanted to give it a try this year as things had changed at work. I also had a killer deal (less than $140 a night WITH prepaid gratuities) on Harmony of the Seas the week before so I thought I’d tack this on to my travels. I just canceled Harmony this week because I already have Future Cruise Credit from a canceled May cruise and I don’t need the stress of hurricane season cruising with a pandemic! I am waiting to see how long I can hold onto this trip. I will still go depending upon how much my discount is (haven’t received any emails except the one about having priority booking of park reservations)
I am hoping the reservation system will be out before my cancellation date so if I can’t get something good I can just cancel. But as it’s hurricane season and I’ve had to already give up four trips (2 cruises, Disneyland, annual Baseball weekend) I’m not going to be shocked if even if I get reservations a hurricane comes along that week. 🙄

My parents are DVC and are trying to use up points before they lose them in mid-September. My 40th is 9/15 (ACK!) and I might just hop on a non-stop flight with my sister and join them for a long weekend. No hubs, no kids. After our January trip I'm not really interested in having a bunch of ADR's. Planning to eat at lounges, Disney Springs, snack around WS. We got our fill of fireworks in January and although I don't LOVE the idea of a mask in that kind of heat, I'm happy to do it to keep people safe. Plus, I don't see myself being at the parks from sun-up to sun-down. I think I can manage the mask for a few hours at least.

Just such a strange thing....seems crazy to consider going to WDW, but right now, it's fun to have a little something to look forward to.

We have a reservation for the week after labor day weekend and are unsure what we will do yet. It was planned to be a trip where were mostly do thing outside of the parks because we've always wanted to do that. Our only park time would have been a Halloween Party since we've never been to one. Our decision will simply come down to how comfortable we will be feeling about flying and what will actually be offered at the Halloween parties if they even still happen. A lot can change between now and September with how quickly things are changing with everything going on. Hopefully things will continue to get better as the summer goes on and we can look forward to a trip.

We're playing the waiting game. We have reservations made for next year already, so I'm fine with whatever eventually happens, but DH still wants to see if we might be willing to go. :)
Same! We're scheduled Sept 21-26. I'm waiting to see how July and August trip reports shake out. If we really can make new park and ADRs at 60 days, we'll go. If it looks too frustrating, we'll wait til next year.

Just such a strange thing....seems crazy to consider going to WDW, but right now, it's fun to have a little something to look forward to.
This is why I'm still hanging on. Everything else has been cancelled -- summer concerts, camping trips, the pool -- and I just need something to look forward to. If it doesn't work out, I'll throw myself into planning a 2021 trip.

We are booked at Kidani 9/12-9/19. We’re still planning to go, barring any additional restrictions.

Going for sure! DVC with Annual Pass - only thing that will keep us away will be a hurricane!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter