September 27th, 2017 - 5-Night Canadian from New York

Does anyone have any experience with NYC port? Can you offer any tips on where to stay/park/transfer from?

I havent decided if we will fly or drive, depends on pricing and timing probably. But if we drive we will likely park outside of the city somewhere north and take the train in. Plan to stay one or two nights near port most likely. I am going to NYC this tuesday for a conference and may swing down that way to glimpse the Magic in port that weekend.

Hello. Four of us are doing this cruise as a Moms-only cruise. We have never cruised without our kids. We all love the cruises and have gone on a couple together with our families. We are so looking forward to this one as we expect it to be very different than the Bahamas and Caribbean cruises that we have done. Our goal is to try lots of new things.

Hi All,
I may book this one. I am from the NYC area, so I may park at the terminal (or get a car service). This will be number #9 for us. We've cruised the Magic several times, as well as cruised out of NYC... Any questions, please ask!!

Starting to think about pre and post cruise. I'm thinking we may fly down and take a bus back, but not stay in NYC at all, just come down for the cruise. In a twist of life, I haven't been to Bar Harbor since the 70s (sigh...college days....and I live 4 hrs away go figure....) and this would have been my first visit since then BUT we decided to do a lighthouse tour cruise out of BH the end of July. So we will be staying up there a few nights for a long weekend. While I was researching the lighthouse tour, I found some other, shorter tours including whale and puffin watches. Hopefully the port day will have those options, as well as the obligatory adventures to Acadia National Park.

Here is the link to the schedule of the company we are using for the lighthouse tour. They came highly recommended, and I see they have some tours still operating end of Sept.

And while I think of it - don't forget warm clothes if you are going on an ocean tour - hats, mittens, scarves, layers of clothes, you will need them! I put spaces in the link as I"m not sure I can post it - just remove the spaces........

http:// www dot barharborwhales dot com /whale-watching-schedule-rates/schedule/

Bar Harbor is located on Mount Desert Island. Acadia National Park (note it's not Arcadia as may people mistakenly say and spell)- the top of Cadillac Mountain in the Park is the first place to see the sun in the US for most of the year!!! And then...... all of this! Hopefully the day is beautiful and you get to see all the beautiful scenery.
  • Mount Desert Island is the second largest island on the East Coast of the United States, behind Long Island and ahead of Martha's Vineyard.
  • Travel and Leisure has ranked it among "The World's Top Islands," which includes Bali, Kauai, and Maui. Conde Nast Traveler includes it among its "12 Enduring Edens" -- islands that have both extraordinary popularity and abiding beauty.
  • Mount Desert Island has a permanent population of about 10,000, although over two million tourists a year visit the Acadia National Park.
  • Acadia National Park, with 30,300 acres on Mount Desert Island, occupies half of the island.
  • Although Acadia is one of the smallest national parks, it ranks among the Top 10 in visitors.
  • At 1,530 feet, Cadillac Mountain is not only the tallest mountain in the park, but also the tallest mountain along the eastern coast of the United States.
  • There are 24 mountain peaks on Mount Desert Island.
  • Acadia National Park offers 125 miles of pristine hiking trails, providing views of glacial lakes, granite cliffs dropping into the ocean, and Somes Sound, touted as the only fjord in North America.
  • Between 1913 and 1940, John D. Rockefeller, Jr. developed a system of carriage roads, widely acknowledged as the finest example of broken-stone roads designed for horse-drawn vehicles.
  • Today, 45 miles of carriage roads provide cyclists a car-free system to weave around the mountains and valleys of Acadia National Park.
  • The carriage roads feature 17 unique stone bridges crafted by masons from native rock.
  • In 1922 John D. Rockefeller, Jr. also spearheaded creation of the 27-mile Park Loop Road system offering motorists outstanding views of Acadia's ocean shoreline, coastal forests, and mountain silhouettes.
  • To design the Park Loop Road, Rockefeller retained Frederick Law Olmsted, Jr., the son of the designer of Central Park who is generally considered the father of American landscape architecture.

Moved to the November 11th sailing on the Magic. Couldn't resist the Marvel cruise with a port day at Disney World! Happy sailing!

Hi Everyone,
We are a group of 5 adults going on this cruise. This will be our first time in New York. We are California Girls. Plan to do some sight seeing before and after the cruise. Look forward to talking with you fellow shipmates and meeting you during the cruise.

Has anyone done FE during their cruises? I've been on a few cruises but haven't heard about it before. Sounds like fun, hope there is interest in it on this cruise!

So excited to be going on our second Dusney cruise!!!
Has anyone started a Fish Extender group? We didn't participate last year, but I'm thinking it would be fun this time around.
Does anyone know how to start a group if one hasn't been created?

Hi everyone, I am Pirate Bob and my wife Bano and I will be joining you on this cruise. We are both retired Disney Cast Members looking forward to the Cruise and the fall colors. We have been in Florida scene 1988 and haven't been back for the fall scene.

So excited to be going on our second Dusney cruise!!!
Has anyone started a Fish Extender group? We didn't participate last year, but I'm thinking it would be fun this time around.
Does anyone know how to start a group if one hasn't been created?

You will find most people on FB at Disney Magic September 27th,2017 NYC Canadian Coast. FE are set up there.

My BIL is our transport - we traded him a week at BLT for RT ride from PA to NY - LOL!

We booked an Acadia excursion for Bar Harbour and then we figured we walk around town. Any suggestions for late lunch or places we shouldn't miss? We were trying to check for walking tours but everything offered seemed in the evening.

For the Canadian side we booked the trolley - fingers crossed that works out. We dithering on the Moosehead brewery as it seems expensive.

For the first day at sea I booked my iconic waist reducer and hoping they offer the discounted follow up like on the last cruise. It will be nice to have some room around the waist :)

Hi all,

We are in the middle of planning this cruise as a last minute trip since we had to cancel our planned vacation in December.

I'm curious if there are any fish extender groups that have been started for this cruise.

Hi everyone, I am Pirate Bob and my wife Bano and I will be joining you on this cruise. We are both retired Disney Cast Members looking forward to the Cruise and the fall colors. We have been in Florida scene 1988 and haven't been back for the fall scene.
Hi Pirate Bob. My husband (also a Bob) is presently a Disney Cast member, moved to Florida from PA three years ago and looking forward to the fall colors also. This will be our 15th cruise with Disney. Hope to meet you and your wife.

Hi Pirate Bob. My husband (also a Bob) is presently a Disney Cast member, moved to Florida from PA three years ago and looking forward to the fall colors also. This will be our 15th cruise with Disney. Hope to meet you and your wife.
I'm curious, do CMs get offered good discounts on cruises?

Hello!
My name is Giulia and me and my family (husband and 2 years old) will be on the Disney Magic on Sept 27th :)
This is going to be our first Disney cruise and we are beyond excited!
We are in if there are any fish extender group and we are looking forward to meet new friends.

I am just starting to think about booking this cruise as a very last minute change from a trip to Disneyworld. I live about an hour from the NY terminal, so travel arrangements can be pretty easy. BUT I would be going solo, so would love to know if there is any kind of group of solo travelers alreadyconnected?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter