September 2020 car rental watch

dznyacct

DIS Veteran
I didn't see a September 2020 car rental watch thread, so I thought I would start one :).

September 25 - October 2 Alamo (Dolphin) with small corporate discount ($17) Compact $200.26 booked 2/18/20 7 days $28.61/day

Oh I'm so glad you started this. I actually booked a rental today, it's refundable so I'm hoping to get a better rate.

Sept 6th- September 15th MCO - Budget (midsize SUV) I think it was $43/day, $443 for the 10 days.

We never rent cars when we go to Disney but we are adding on a few days for some other stuff in Florida so the car was necesary.

We are going in September and I have been watching the prices for SUV's. They aren't anywhere near where I need them to be but I know they will start to go down the closer we get to September. I'm glad you started the thread!

Just looked today and from MCO for September it was crazy, like $400 for a week, any idea when they will drop?

Just looked today and from MCO for September it was crazy, like $400 for a week, any idea when they will drop?

Prices in the past would have already dropped by now. I have never seen it where the cost for a rental does not go down the closer we get to the rental month. I believe it's because of what is going on now.

We are seriously thinking of using an Uber to get from the airport to our hotel and then renting a vehicle off site and returning to MCO when leaving. I have been pricing that option and it's a savings of about $211.

SUV for 14 days via Costco website - picking up and dropping off at MCO is pricing out at $725.
SUV for 14 days via Costco website - picking up off site and dropping off at airport is pricing in at $514.

Honestly I don't like the hassle of having to rent off site but when I can save over $200 on a rental its worth it.

Prices in the past would have already dropped by now. I have never seen it where the cost for a rental does not go down the closer we get to the rental month. I believe it's because of what is going on now.

We are seriously thinking of using an Uber to get from the airport to our hotel and then renting a vehicle off site and returning to MCO when leaving. I have been pricing that option and it's a savings of about $211.

SUV for 14 days via Costco website - picking up and dropping off at MCO is pricing out at $725.
SUV for 14 days via Costco website - picking up off site and dropping off at airport is pricing in at $514.

Honestly I don't like the hassle of having to rent off site but when I can save over $200 on a rental its worth it.
Agree, prices usually drop the closer you get to pickup date. My best prices have usually been in the 4-6 week range before the rental but have managed to swing a great last minute rate within a day or 2 of the rental.
Best idea is book something that you could live with now (make sure it's a cancel-able rate), then recheck fairly often (weekly-daily depending how dedicated/fanatical you are). If you find a better price, book it and cancel the original. Rinse and repeat until pickup date.

I used AU5592DJK which is for a 1class upgrade and the WDW AP discount code. Renting for a week 9/12 to 9/19 pickup from WDW Dolphin hotel drop off at MCO. my rate was $246 all in down about $100

Prices are slowly coming down, got a mid size SUV with Alamo, out the door total of $369, which is at least moving in the right direction. Will be easier to take if Disney suspends the parking fee.

Jumping in on this. This was supposed to be a May trip, but that didn't happen. Got crazy $45 each way fares on Southwest from PHL for September 29 thru October 6, so now its time to start looking for a car. Rates look bad now, but I'm sure they'll get better...

Even the Costco rates are > 2x normal right now. Looking for 9/23-9/28. Hoping they’ll start going down.

Prices are absolutely ridiculous picking up at the airport. It’s much more reasonable from the car care center but that won’t work for me. I’m 9/6-9/17. Hoping it comes down eventually.

Pretty decent price drop,, all in for our dates Standard Car (which means full size) $273.03

Checked today and got a standard size for $398. Still really high but better than the $500+ it was. Alamo, 9/5-9/17.

I used AU5592DJK which is for a 1class upgrade and the WDW AP discount code. Renting for a week 9/12 to 9/19 pickup from WDW Dolphin hotel drop off at MCO. my rate was $246 all in down about $100
what's the wdw ap code? (or is that what you type in?) and which line do you put it in?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter