**September 2019**

Not needed. Disney designed the parks from the beginning to deal with mosquitoes and it isn't an issue. I have been there 4 times and never remember that being a problem. The only time I ever had a problem with mosquitoes was outside the parks.

https://insidethemagic.net/2019/08/no-mosquitoes-disney-world-bb1/

Thanks. I truly didn't see one mosquito last year anywhere. Are the resorts designed to have mosquitoes controlled too or was it a coincidence? Lol.

Thanks. I truly didn't see one mosquito last year anywhere. Are the resorts designed to have mosquitoes controlled too or was it a coincidence? Lol.

I am sure they are. With as much water they have and the humidity I am positive if they didn't control it you would know.

Does anyone have a best guess as to when Disney will update the park schedules for September? It looks like the 3rd tier attractions (Tam Tam drummers, Dapper Dans, etc) have schedules through 8/31 only still and I'm not sure how far in advance Disney tends to finalize those.

Well I am back! My wife and I for the first time are not taking kids on this trip. We usually do a mini vacation for our marriage without kids every year. We usually do small trips to the beach in Mexico or a cruise etc... Well last summer while we were sweating to death with the kids at WDW we kind of sparked an idea for us to just go ourselves to WDW for the Food and Wine festival. When we got back around Jan I made reservations and it was meant to be!

DH & I went last September for our anniversary - sans kids - and had the BEST time. We were able to be so flexible and just do things we wanted to do without worrying about somebody being cranky, hungry, or wanting to do something besides the two of us. We always rope drop as a family, but we chose to sleep in a few mornings and while it just seemed crazy, we loved it. We also stayed out as late as we wanted, hopped where we wanted, and ate what we wanted. People are right when they say Disney is completely different without your kids with you. We always have a great time with the kids, but this was a whole different level of awesome. It was FABULOUS and we plan to do it again sometime. I hope you both enjoy yourselves!

Well I am back! My wife and I for the first time are not taking kids on this trip. We usually do a mini vacation for our marriage without kids every year. We usually do small trips to the beach in Mexico or a cruise etc... Well last summer while we were sweating to death with the kids at WDW we kind of sparked an idea for us to just go ourselves to WDW for the Food and Wine festival. When we got back around Jan I made reservations and it was meant to be!

Anyway we are staying in the Beach Club Villas and we have the dining plan. We don't own DVC but we booked it through Disney direct because we knew it would guarentee us a single bed in the room. We are going to be there from 9/22-9/26. This is going to be a completely different trip than what we have done in the past. Usually we rope drop and tour like crazy and then go and collapse back in the room just after lunch and then debate if we'll go back out again. This time we are changing it up. We are going to try a signature restaurant, take a tour, go to a dessert party, and basically do stuff our kids wouldn't tolerate. You'll also notice some of our fastpasses are strange. We decided to book things we love or haven't done so sometimes they might not be the best FP choices but that was intentional. Sometimes we loved more than one ride in the top tier so we couldn't do both. If the line is short we might try to ride it but it isn't a big deal. It should be fun!

I was initially disappointed when I heard Galaxy's Edge was coming during our trip but I have learned to accept the reality and embrace it. I wasn't looking forward to the crowds but we'll try to enjoy Star Wars. I am a huge Star Wars fan but my wife not so much. So she is going that morning for me but I think she'll enjoy it.

Anyway here are our basic plans which seem so foreign to me.

Sept 22nd - Arrive at 11:30 in Orlando, take the magic express to the room, and then eat at Food and Wine. We have the dessert party booked for this evening. We might even try to catch Starship in concert. I have a few fastpasses but we won't be waiting in line just riding the rides with fastpasses and any that might not have any waits. FP: Soarin, Living with the Land, and Short Film Festival
Sept 23rd - Lunch and shopping at Disney Springs and then AK at night. We have reservations at House of Blues and will be shopping for several hours. We then will head over to AK and use our fastpasses and check out the park at night. FP: Flight of Passage, EE,Festival of the Lion King
Sept 24th - Our one rope drop day. Yes we are crazy and will be rope dropping DHS. 6am I can't even imagine getting up for that but we will be there. Fortunately we managed to snag reservations for Ogas right before noon and then Savi's right at noon. We'll rope drop and ride the Falcon and then go over and ride TSM so we can do that ride because we love it and SDD and we couldn't get fastpasses for both. We'll hang out in Galaxy's Edge except to do some FP we have booked. I might try to do single rider on RnR since my wife can't ride that ride it makes her sick. We might also try to hop on ToT if the line isn't nuts. After Savi's and our SDD fastpass we will go back to the room and nap. Then we'll go to Epcot for dinner at Teppan Edo and maybe hop on another ride and then finish the night at Jelly Rolls. FP: Star Tours, Muppet Vision, SDD.
Sept 25th - This day we're relaxing for the most part. We will be spending the morning at the hotel pool or something else we randomly come up with. We have 5pm reservations at California Grill. So we'll head over there maybe before to hit MK for awhile or not. After dinner we'll close down MK and ride our fastpasses and check out the little stuff. Maybe we'll get some rides on things we haven't done in awhile and check out some shops. FP: Pirates, Mine Train, Jungle Cruise
Sept 26th - We will check out in the morning and we have a 9am Keys to the Kingdom tour booked! I am super excited about that. If we have time we'll hop on our one fastpass and then we'll head back to catch Magical Express back to the airport. Our flight is at 7:30pm.
Sounds great! We do a few adult only Disney trips each year (Sunday will be our 4th this year) and they are great! We do signatures even with the kids but try new ones when we don't have them; also take it slower and spend more time in lounges and in Epcot. We've done tours without them also and love KTTK! You guys will have a blast!

DH & I went last September for our anniversary - sans kids - and had the BEST time. We were able to be so flexible and just do things we wanted to do without worrying about somebody being cranky, hungry, or wanting to do something besides the two of us. We always rope drop as a family, but we chose to sleep in a few mornings and while it just seemed crazy, we loved it. We also stayed out as late as we wanted, hopped where we wanted, and ate what we wanted. People are right when they say Disney is completely different without your kids with you. We always have a great time with the kids, but this was a whole different level of awesome. It was FABULOUS and we plan to do it again sometime. I hope you both enjoy yourselves!

Thanks! We are excited. It will be interesting to see how different it is without kids.

Sounds great! We do a few adult only Disney trips each year (Sunday will be our 4th this year) and they are great! We do signatures even with the kids but try new ones when we don't have them; also take it slower and spend more time in lounges and in Epcot. We've done tours without them also and love KTTK! You guys will have a blast!

Thanks we definitely will take it slower. We aren’t planning on doing rides except fast passes and maybe if we see a non-existent line for something at night. Otherwise just checking things out we never slowed down to do or noticed.

Just booked a quick weekend trip Sept 27th- 29th at Port Orleans Riverside. Hoping to book a bounce back for the whole family to return next summer to check out SWGE and stay a lot longer. Also hoping for good weather, we’ve been in July, August and October, but never September.
Added to roll call. The bounce back out now is free dining and has summer dates - that is our favorite discount (big family staying at values and mods it is definitely our best bet)

Anyone staying at Pop Century with little ones in september? We go 9/21-30. What's fun for kids? What are the pools like? And the food court? Buses? The rooms look amazing. We stayed at FQ last year and their renovated rooms were great but don't seem as nice as Pop. Getting excited!!
We aren't staying at Pop this trip but we LOVE IT!! The food court is great and a quick walk over to Landscape of Flavors and you are at my favorite food court on property. The pool CMs that do dance parties, trivia etc. never disappoint.
Added to roll call.

Well I am back! My wife and I for the first time are not taking kids on this trip.

Anyway here are our basic plans which seem so foreign to me.
Added to roll call.

Your plans sound great!

Reactions: wx1
Are any of you guys going to MNSSHP during September? We are going the 20th and the 29th, and I AM SO EXCITED.
We are going the 6th. I still need to buy tickets though. I am going to upgrade to an AP when I get there and I am not sure if I can get the AP rate over the phone and then just show them my card wen I get there (like you do for resorts). I am going to call Monday to figure it out.

We are going the 6th. I still need to buy tickets though. I am going to upgrade to an AP when I get there and I am not sure if I can get the AP rate over the phone and then just show them my card wen I get there (like you do for resorts). I am going to call Monday to figure it out.

I'm pretty sure you can!

Are any of you guys going to MNSSHP during September? We are going the 20th and the 29th, and I AM SO EXCITED.
Going in October! I haven't been to an October party in years, we mainly go in Aug/Sept. Not that it matters lol I'm just interested to see the difference in crowds since my party is fairly close to Halloween. Although last year we went Sept. 14th or so and it was the most crowded of any Halloween party we've done.

Added to roll call. The bounce back out now is free dining and has summer dates - that is our favorite discount (big family staying at values and mods it is definitely our best bet)

yes I was looking at the rack rates for the all stars and it seems to be the end of August is the absolute cheapest time to go.... as long as my 12-year-old stays in homeschool we’re going to plan to go then.... we usually go the last week in September so I’m a little nervous about how much hotter it might be a month before that but we’re going to upgrade to the regular dining this time so will have some heat free time..... and this will probably be our last onsite trip for our family of five since my fifth kid will be over three after next year :( we just can’t afford Disney prices after that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!