**September 2019**

Any thoughts on my plan for HS?

With the FP changes, we've tentatively decided to RD Toy Story Land, ToT, and RnR. We'll get a FP for one of those for later in the day and skip it at RD. Try and get all those done during EEMH and then make our way over to SWGE before other guests are let in.

Any thoughts on my plan for HS?

With the FP changes, we've tentatively decided to RD Toy Story Land, ToT, and RnR. We'll get a FP for one of those for later in the day and skip it at RD. Try and get all those done during EEMH and then make our way over to SWGE before other guests are let in.

I'll be at MGM on September 11 and plan on doing what you are doing but without FPs (going to use for Epcot and not hanging around until 9 am) but in reverse. I think if you are going to be there for the 6 am opening, you should head to GE first. For the first few hours, everyone will be heading there and at 9 am, you will have more people coming in.

Good luck to us LOL

Hope you all have been well. Last time I think I popped in here, my husband was in the hospital so he's out of the hospital after lung surgery! We also got moved into our new home. Now, it's almost time for FP+ bookings. So excited. Hope my friends are well and welcome to the new September kids.

Hope you all have been well. Last time I think I popped in here, my husband was in the hospital so he's out of the hospital after lung surgery! We also got moved into our new home. Now, it's almost time for FP+ bookings. So excited. Hope my friends are well and welcome to the new September kids.
Wow you have been busy, hope DH is doing well.

Only a couple weeks until FPs and then the rest starts to FLY by (well I mean up until the couple weeks before when time stands still)

Did the paid in full dance yesterday....Still waiting for Food and Wine menus and for Frozen Dessert Party to open... otherwise....I think our ADRS are firm( famous last words)- I booked the Cruella party for our MNSSHP night and now I'm debating on doing the MK after hours another night. My concern is how much it might interfere with my sleep. I dont sleep well and I'm not sure if committing to staying at the park until 1 am will totally wig me out for a couple of days... We have 9 days in the parks , 2 extra FP a day ( For compensation from issues with trip ) and the MNSSHP ,along with the extended hours, I'm not sure if the $ for MK after hours is worth it.( and if the time is really needed). I'm hesitant because of the possibility of anticipated crowds due to SWGE (and we are there the 2nd week that it is opened)

I've been having a hard time figuring out our HS days. My kids are young with no real interest in SW so I was trying to plan one somewhat early morning to do TSL and everything else. But my sister is so excited about SW so I was thinking maybe we could go back on a different night after the kids go to bed for a few hours and try to see it? Would that even be possible?

Yall i just sat down yesterday to figure out fastpass and didnt get much of anywhere......this is our first trip with these prebooked fast passes and I rather liked the idea of it when I first heard about it........ it just requires too much planning, when should i start my first on
I wish I could help, I am just going to add that after too many trips since FP+ to remember I am not a fan of it lol! We aren't big planners and tend to switch up our daily plans by about 80% anyway and FP is what messes doing that that up IMO. I don't book them that early, I'll normally start around 11-11:30 because there's usually no need for FP's earlier than that and I can't handle being on my phone constantly trying to move them up, modify, add more and whatever. But as for doing it the first time, after your first day or two in parks if you find that the way you booked them isn't the way that really works for you, just do your best to move them :thumbsup2

We are tentatively going to have HS as one of our last days on a MK non party day in hopes of deterring the non Star Crowds. I don’t care for SW, however, Slinky Dog is my 4 year olds favorite ride and we “ride it” every time we are in the car. My husband is a big SW fan but we are all about the kids on these trips and is ok skipping it. We will try 1 6am day to see if we can get in, but not exceed our kids line waiting limit. Just hoping for a miracle like when TS Land opened last year with daily EMH and low wait times.
Can’t wait for all your early September feedback.

FP day is July 24th for me. Really excited to read about all the early September trips FP booking experiences! Good luck!

July 5th is my FP day, I am pretty sure I know what we plan on doing.

We like making our FPs early in the morning, then our second park is FP free unless we feel like making one on the fly. It's like a compromise between an uber planning morning and a relaxed pace evening.

Edited - July 2nd not 5th. Actually having a get together with friends on the 5th to make ADR plans for a girl's only January trip Must have mixed up my days!

Last edited:
Late comer here :)

We decided to book a late September trip ... kind of last minute (booked middle of May). So, yeah, no discounts and ADR's are a little tricky :(
This is our fourth trip to WDW. All previous trips I planned at least 6 months in advance, but we just couldn't figure out everyone's schedule until middle of May. I was kind of hoping they would add a last minute dining package due to ROR not being open yet... book I'm guess not.

September 26 - October 1st - Staying at WL

Thanks to TP and MD reservation alerts I was able to snag a late dinner at Sci-Fi Dine-in one night. Still holding out if I can get a BOG reservation. But other than BOG, I was able to get ADR's I'm happy with.

Here are our tentative plans. Any feedback/suggestions are welcomed:

Five of us DH(me), DW, DD22, DS20 (birthday on 9/26 actually), DD11.
9/26 - 10/1

9/26 - Thursday:
  • Landing in MCO @8:28AM (They rescheduled us to an earlier flight... so it will be an early morning! - departing at 6am)
  • Magical Express to WL - assume 10:30-ish? Figure we can drop off carry-ons at the front desk and then catch a bus to Epcot
  • Epcot ADR - Coral Reef Restaurant @1:35
  • Epcot reservation - Candy Sushi class @5:30 - periodically checking if we can do 3:30
  • Go back to WL to check-in / relax
  • HS ADR - Sci-Fi Dine-in @ 8:40 for either a late dinner - or just get dessert if we breakdown and eat dinner earlier somewhere
  • Don't stay too late @ HS as we have the MNSSHP the next night.
  • Not in love with this day - family may just want to chill at the hotel, but it's a relatively short trip and I figure Thursday is the best day of our stay for Epcot.
9/27 - Friday:
  • Doing MNSSHP this night... but thinking about also doing MK in the morning since it will be the lowest crowd day of our trip
  • MK - debating rope drop and then back to the hotel for a rest/nap... or sleep-in a little and go late morning (TP has MK as a "1" for crowds this day)
  • FP - do I even need them during the morning/day, or should I save my fast passes for the pre-party time (i.e. 3:30 - 6pm)?
  • MK - ADR Jungle Canteen. I have two reservations, not sure which one to keep, one @ 1:10pm and the other @3:50pm - I was thinking about keeping the latter one for an early dinner before the party starts.
  • MNSSHP - booked the Halloween Fireworks Dessert Party with Plaza Garden Viewing
  • MNSSHP - Stay late to catch the second parade and take advantage of later night trick-or-treating

9/28 - Saturday:
  • Post MNSSHP - so thinking this may be a late start... busiest parks day of our trip (TP 5)
  • Kids expressed interest in doing a WP day - so thinking about doing Typhoon Lagoon if the weather forecast looks OK
  • Epcot reservation - Candy Sushi class @3:30pm - will likely cancel this. Booked this prior to picking our our MNSSHP night
  • ADR - Kona Cafe Dinner @5:35pm - Thinking we can send the kids back to WL - or where-ever :) - then DW and I grab a drink at Trader Sam's Grog Grotto after dinner

9/29 - Sunday:
  • Plan to do AK this day
  • No reservations planned yet accept for a ADR - Whispering Canyon Cafe Dinner @7:35pm - so if we do this we won't be staying for the evening activities at AK, but my thought was we should get back on the early side to wake up for HS the next morning

9/30 - Monday:
  • Plan to do HS this day - try for rope drop?... yikes :)
  • No ADR's except Boma @6:30 - but may not keep this. - we'll see what energy the group has left after a super early morning at HS

10/1 - Tuesday:
  • Departure date (5:30pm departure time) - so assume around 2:30 Magical Express pick-up?
  • Maybe swing by MK for one last early morning visit - or hit HS for a half-day if we're really gluttons for punishment :)

Last edited:
FP day is July 24th for me. Really excited to read about all the early September trips FP booking experiences! Good luck!
That's my FP booking day too... also my birthday... great welcome to 30, early wake up for booking at 4am :badpc:

I don't really mind as I'm super excited but find the timing a bit funny. Will be fun to compare notes with people as this starts happening. I seriously cannot believe it's almost July already.

My FP day is July 4th- it's my DD (24) and myself. I want to talk planning and she is not wanting to have anything to do with the conversation....So frustrating.....need something positive to focus on....

FP day is July 16th :) No idea yet what we're doing or when other than a couple of the F&W events and I need to figure out our Dec ADR's for July 1st, and then I'll get to Sept!!

FP Day is July 10th for us!

So far, we have just a vague idea as to what we're doing for HS! I know we plan to enter the SW section during the EEMH from 6-9am and then not enter it again after that! lol I know my hubby and 2 boys want to ride Rock n Roller Coaster so that will be a FP for the 3 of them and I'll take my 2 girls to Beauty & the Beast Live on Stage. None of us ride Tower of Terror and everything else in the park my youngest will ride with her DAS. We get one Toy Story ride but I'm afraid that, seeing as how HS is our 2nd FP day, I don't expect Slinky Dog to be available so we plan to DAS that ride after we leave the SW section on our way to breakfast at H&V (9:20) and hopefully we'll be able to ride it not long after breakfast so we'll head to the Toy Story area after breakfast and then the rest of the park is familiar to us. So we expect to FP either Alien Saucers or Toy Story Mania. We get one more FP which will likely be Star Tours. That might have longer than usual lines because of the SW theme. We can walk in the Standby line or use our DAS for the Frozen Sing Along, Muppets, Disney Junior, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, etc.

Our FP day is July 17, started working on a tentative plan yesterday. Still trying to update our magic bands, so frustrating!! :headache:

FastPass day is July 29th for me. I have a very rough list of fast passes for each day.

Will be interesting to watch how DL handles SWGE now that the reservation period is over and if WDW will announce their plan sooner rather then later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter