**September 2019**

Look at your BOG reservation -- a link will appear exactly 30 days from your reservation time so that you can pre-order your meal -- it saves a TON of time when you arrive at the restaurant!! And it's exactly 30 days! Our link didn't appear until 12:55pm, 30 days out...our exact reservation time!

You likely have to do this on the website..not the app.

Ahh okay, thank you! Can't wait for that meal!

Ok, keep in mind that this is my family's first Disney Trip and my first as an adult and I am 36.... As I said before we are going Sept. 16-21. I have heard time and time again how some of my friends LOVE Epcot the most. So I have high expectations for it... Am I the only one that is frustrated that a good portion of Epcot is going to be a construction Zone... I keep seeing more and more about construction walls going up and some saying they will most likely be up a while... I need some of you veteran Disney Visitors to help calm my fears... lol. I keep telling myself that it is still going to be fun... but then I see a new post... I almost want to stop checking all sites and instagram feeds until we go... but I may be addicted to all things Disney (Im not complaining about that). And yes, I know... first world problems....

Ok, keep in mind that this is my family's first Disney Trip and my first as an adult and I am 36.... As I said before we are going Sept. 16-21. I have heard time and time again how some of my friends LOVE Epcot the most. So I have high expectations for it... Am I the only one that is frustrated that a good portion of Epcot is going to be a construction Zone... I keep seeing more and more about construction walls going up and some saying they will most likely be up a while... I need some of you veteran Disney Visitors to help calm my fears... lol. I keep telling myself that it is still going to be fun... but then I see a new post... I almost want to stop checking all sites and instagram feeds until we go... but I may be addicted to all things Disney (Im not complaining about that). And yes, I know... first world problems....

NGL, when I went to Epcot as an adult I was disappointed and totally okay with leaving earlier than I had originally said I would. I promise that it will still be fun though!

I was 35 my first trip! All the construction worries me too but you just have to roll with it all - WDW is ALWAYS under construction with something. You probably won't even notice it for the most part because Epcot is huge. The pathway widening will be done before you're there, and frankly the missing monoliths are a welcome site, they were an eyesore IMO!

I like Epcot more than I thought I would (I always heard it was the boring park) but it's not my favorite park. It is fun and interesting to visit all the different shops in the countries, and of course have a drink or two around the world. I think I would enjoy it more without kids.

World Showcase will be more-or-less construction free. The Odyssey Center and pathway stuff will be done in the next 2-3 weeks.

Future World will get more construction walls between now and then, not less. That's the truth. But as best as we know, they are leaving Mouse Gear, Starbucks, and Electric Umbrella open through November, so if that is the case, Innoventions Plaza won't be seeing full-on exterior demo work yet when you (and I) are there in September. I'm guessing that they're gutting the insides first, for which they may not have *that* many walls up.

WDW is ALWAYS under construction with something. You probably won't even notice it for the most part because Epcot is huge. The pathway widening will be done before you're there, and frankly the missing monoliths are a welcome site, they were an eyesore IMO!

I like Epcot more than I thought I would (I always heard it was the boring park) but it's not my favorite park. It is fun and interesting to visit all the different shops in the countries, and of course have a drink or two around the world. I think I would enjoy it more without kids.
Agree on all this (except I went from 'boring' to 'pretty good' )

I was 35 my first trip! All the construction worries me too but you just have to roll with it all - WDW is ALWAYS under construction with something. You probably won't even notice it for the most part because Epcot is huge. The pathway widening will be done before you're there, and frankly the missing monoliths are a welcome site, they were an eyesore IMO!

I never went to Epcot until I was an adult, either - went to MK plenty of times as a kid. I think my expectations were measured because I always assumed it was "boring." I enjoyed it, and surprisingly, my kids love it. DH & I went last year for our anniversary, sans kids. It WAS better. We spent more time at Epcot, but not as much as I wanted to. I always feel rushed there, and it may be because the World Showcase is so huge and you feel like you have to "get it done". We've never had enough time there to just leisurely browse through anything, and I'm hoping this year is different. We're planning to go to EP at least two afternoons/evenings, and we have good FP+ there, so I'm hoping we do less running around and more enjoying this time.

Most of the construction walls I’ve heard of so far are around areas you wouldn’t spend much time around anyway. The monoliths were pretty much an eyesore, the life pavilion hasn’t been used in years and there are paths around the Closed paths. Except for Canada world showcase is pretty much untouched. Don’t worry, you will love it.

We arrive August 31st. We are a group of 6.
I ordered 3 magic band colors (the other 3 of us are passholders). The magic bands I ordered haven't come in the mail yet.... the transition to the new magic band screen has me confused/worried. I guess I'll be calling tomorrow. Ultimately not a big deal but stress is growing as the trip approaches! :confused:

Anyone get their magic bands mailed like a week from their vacation?

Just booked a quick weekend trip Sept 27th- 29th at Port Orleans Riverside. Had 2 comped resort nights from a trip last summer to use (minor issue, didn’t expect the comp at all, was very generous of Guest Services to offer) so I’m meeting up with my DD20 for a quick Disney fix. She’ll fly in from college, I’ll fly in from home. Was lucky to grab FOP fast passes for the 29th before we have to head to the airport. Trying to plan my Friday PM, I’ll arrive 8 hours before her, and all day Saturday around some time at Food and Wine. We have hoppers but not a lot of must do’s so maybe we’ll just play it by ear. Hoping to book a bounce back for the whole family to return next summer to check out SWGE and stay a lot longer. Also hoping for good weather, we’ve been in July, August and October, but never September.

Hours have been extended for select dates in September at the Magic Kingdom.

Saturday, September 21, 2019 – Park closing at 10:00 PM: LINK
September 28, 2019 – Park closing at 10:00 PM: LINK

The park originally was set to close at 9:00 PM on those nights.

Last edited:
Am I the only one staying in mid-September that is disappointed that the Skyliner opens right after I leave? LOL We stayed in Pop Century for the price but also bc we hoped the Skyliner would be up and running. I won't get to ride it for a year or 2 now! Boo! LOL
Not disappointed at all. We are staying at the Boardwalk and were not looking forward to huge crowds at the world showcase entrance.

Not disappointed at all. We are staying at the Boardwalk and were not looking forward to huge crowds at the world showcase entrance.

I'm not, either. I'm not really sure I want to ride them, especially at the beginning. So I'm glad when my kids say, "I wish we could ride THOSE," I will be able to reply, "Sorry, they're not open yet." Whomp, whomp. :charac2:

Am I the only one staying in mid-September that is disappointed that the Skyliner opens right after I leave? LOL We stayed in Pop Century for the price but also bc we hoped the Skyliner would be up and running. I won't get to ride it for a year or 2 now! Boo! LOL

Us too! We are staying at CBR and leave the day before it opens. We are so sad because we really thought it would be open by our trip!

Do you guys wear mosquito spray at the resort/parks in Florida? I read that there's an alert for the EEE virus in the county. The map they provided showed the infected animals being found right around where Disney is located. We went last year and literally saw no mosquitoes but probably shouldn't assume. Would you bring spray?

Do you guys wear mosquito spray at the resort/parks in Florida? I read that there's an alert for the EEE virus in the county. The map they provided showed the infected animals being found right around where Disney is located. We went last year and literally saw no mosquitoes but probably shouldn't assume. Would you bring spray?

I'm not planning to. I have never gotten a mosquito bite at WDW, and they like me. Last year (or was it the year before), there was complimentary bug spray in our room, but we didn't use it.

I do not plan on riding it of my own free will so I don't care lol, however I have a feeling on my October work trip it's going to be suggested that we ride it :scared: so unfortunately I won't be waiting that long......

On another note I was excited to book Circle of Flavors at AK for our trip only to find it's just offered on Wednesday nights and we leave on a Wed in Sept AND Aug! Each trip is only a few days so it won't work for us, disappointed as it sounds wonderful!

I do not plan on riding it of my own free will so I don't care lol, however I have a feeling on my October work trip it's going to be suggested that we ride it :scared: so unfortunately I won't be waiting that long......

On another note I was excited to book Circle of Flavors at AK for our trip only to find it's just offered on Wednesday nights and we leave on a Wed in Sept AND Aug! Each trip is only a few days so it won't work for us, disappointed as it sounds wonderful!

Just out of curiosity, are you scared of heights? I never was but now that I'm older things are starting to get to me. I love Astro Orbitor but now, hmmmm.

Just out of curiosity, are you scared of heights? I never was but now that I'm older things are starting to get to me. I love Astro Orbitor but now, hmmmm.
It's weird, not scared of heights as far as most rides go-I do TOT, EE, etc. I don't spin and I guess I get a sort of vertigo? I can't look down when at the top of the Empire State Building or the high floor of any building and yes, Astro Orbiter bothers me too! So the idea of being in a gondola-no. Although I do have fond memories of riding the "original" MK Skyliner with my grandmother ❤

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!