**September 2019**

Not sure if you follow this thread below but this is for people cancelling their ADRs. Maybe we can both find Storybook Dining ones!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...-adr-thread-guidelines-in-first-post.3737554/
I am, lol! Thank you for the suggestion. I also signed up for the Touring Plans res finder. We have a 2 year-old, so I’m hoping we can snag an early time that most people don’t really want. Times seem to pop up if I do a fake-search for the next day. Let me know if you get one to send me some hope!

Has anyone in the group considered rescheduling to another time due to all the unplanned September craziness??? We are looking at late January but are still undecided.
It was the first thing I did when I heard the news, but if I rescheduled I was going to lose the FD and the trip was going to be much more expensive for me. So, I’m crossing my fingers so It’s not so crazy and I plan to stay away from HS and enjoy with crowds or not. :rainbow:

It was the first thing I did when I heard the news, but if I rescheduled I was going to lose the FD and the trip was going to be much more expensive for me. So, I’m crossing my fingers so It’s not so crazy and I plan to stay away from HS and enjoy with crowds or not. :rainbow:

Great perspective! :) We would lose $$ switching, too. Hope your trip is magical! :tink:

Looking to share an Illuminations Cruise during our stay from 9/8-9/15. If anyone has a cruise booked and looking for 2 fun adults please PM me. I'd also book one if anyone would like to form a group and the date is available. I've posted in the Illumination Cruise Sharing thread but thought I'd post here also.

So turns out, my sister accidentally booked October 1st SB dining when that's our departure date so instead I picked up Liberty Tree Tavern cause I've always wanted to try it. We haven't released our Oct 1st date yet, if someone wants to coordinate kinda thing.

So turns out, my sister accidentally booked October 1st SB dining when that's our departure date so instead I picked up Liberty Tree Tavern cause I've always wanted to try it. We haven't released our Oct 1st date yet, if someone wants to coordinate kinda thing.
How many people and what time?

just checking in - our ADRs went smoothly enough . .we're using a TA so she did them all for me. The only thing I didn't get when I wanted it was arrival night storybook dining . .but we did get it for another night during the trip at a good time (e.g. not 4 in the afternoon and not 9pm lol)

We have:
no ADRs on arrival day (September 11)
Thursday - late bon voyage breakfast (one of our must dos as DH loves Flynn lol)
Friday - PPO BOG and 5:30pm 1900 park fare (this is a MK party night)
Saturday - Fantasmic dinner package at Minnie's Seasonal Dine
Sunday - Storybook dining at 5:35pm
Monday - SciFi at 5:30pm
Tuesday (our MNSSHP) - Ohana for a late brunch after sleeping in/pool
Wednesday - Garden Grill lunch

as far as disney themed shirts I have a 12 year old daughter and a 5 year old son . . ..I also have a spreadsheet of shirts I've ordered lol ....we don't do a lot of matchy matchy (in fact, dh has a shirt that says I don't do matching shirts. . lol) but we match in a theme - i.e. we all have a "villain" shirt, we all have a mickey shirt etc.

:)

the only night my husband concedes to actually match is on party night (we did MVMCP on our first trip in November of 2017), and for MNSSHP we are doing matching for he and I and matching for the kids :) (we aren't big halloween costume people)

So my boyfriend surprised me with a trip for our anniversary, we are going THIS WEEKEND!! Still planning on going in September too :smooth::smooth: :tigger::tigger:

He told me on Monday and of course I immediately logged in to get reservations and fast passes!! :tongue::tongue:

I was able to snag a Plaza Garden Fireworks dessert party right away. There was a Storybook reservation open for 8:50pm, but that was too late. I put a request in the Touringplans Reservation finder for a Storybook at 5pm and I received a
notification within 2 hours that they had found it!! Snagged that up quick :dogdance::dogdance:

Then today I hopped on just to see if I could get a BOG before park open breakfast (park is opening at 9am on Saturday). There was one for 8:20am!!

I was so surprised that I was able to find so many good reservation less then a week away!

Moral to the story... If you didn't get what you wanted for September keep trying! :-):-)

So my boyfriend surprised me with a trip for our anniversary, we are going THIS WEEKEND!! Still planning on going in September too :smooth::smooth: :tigger::tigger:

He told me on Monday and of course I immediately logged in to get reservations and fast passes!! :tongue::tongue:

I was able to snag a Plaza Garden Fireworks dessert party right away. There was a Storybook reservation open for 8:50pm, but that was too late. I put a request in the Touringplans Reservation finder for a Storybook at 5pm and I received a
notification within 2 hours that they had found it!! Snagged that up quick :dogdance::dogdance:

Then today I hopped on just to see if I could get a BOG before park open breakfast (park is opening at 9am on Saturday). There was one for 8:20am!!

I was so surprised that I was able to find so many good reservation less then a week away!

Moral to the story... If you didn't get what you wanted for September keep trying! :-):-)
This is what I’m hoping for as our trip gets closer! I still want SD and an early Chef Mickey dinner.

That is awesome! I know a lot of people will fine tune ADRs and drop things the closer it gets but this is pretty magical how everything worked so quickly for you pixiedust:

Epcot Food & Wine Festival is confirmed for August 29-November 23, so it will be around for all of September! Woohoo! After that stunt Disney pulled with SWGE I confess I was afraid they would do something weird with F&W too, and I'm relieved we'll still get to do F&W on our trip.

I wonder if they're hoping to split the crowds on August 29 between SWGE and F&W? I would be terrified to visit either park on August 29, tbh, although it might be a really good day to visit MK or AK. They'll probably be totally deserted on that day.

I would be terrified to visit either park on August 29, tbh, although it might be a really good day to visit MK or AK. They'll probably be totally deserted on that day.

Unfortunately, I imagine the only times any of us will get to experience a deserted Disney World park for the foreseeable future after SWGE opens will be to either hide in a trash can until the park closes or if a hurricane happens to sweep through Orlando.

And the Star Wars fans have probably already thought of the trash can plan lol :-/

Epcot Food & Wine Festival is confirmed for August 29-November 23, so it will be around for all of September! Woohoo! After that stunt Disney pulled with SWGE I confess I was afraid they would do something weird with F&W too, and I'm relieved we'll still get to do F&W on our trip.

I wonder if they're hoping to split the crowds on August 29 between SWGE and F&W? I would be terrified to visit either park on August 29, tbh, although it might be a really good day to visit MK or AK. They'll probably be totally deserted on that day.
And I was like 'geeze I should just go a couple days early and just be there for the 29th' I do think it is smart, entertainment a quick Skyliner ride away for those that cannot get into SWGE, but man what are the Disney bloggers going to do?
**I realize there will most likely be access to SWGE ahead for most of them, but I bet they would still want to be there for opening day updates**

Our ADR day was Monday. We got most of what we wanted, although some at not great times. The only day I hope we're able to find something else is the 29th. It will only be our 2nd day there so I knew our chances of getting BOG or Ohana were slim to none but it's my youngest son's bday so I was hoping. But really, he's spending his bday in Disney so I don't think he'll be complaining lol. I had tried for T-Rex on the 29th too and didn't realize how popular that was - all that was left was 10pm!

Our ADR day was Monday. We got most of what we wanted, although some at not great times. The only day I hope we're able to find something else is the 29th. It will only be our 2nd day there so I knew our chances of getting BOG or Ohana were slim to none but it's my youngest son's bday so I was hoping. But really, he's spending his bday in Disney so I don't think he'll be complaining lol. I had tried for T-Rex on the 29th too and didn't realize how popular that was - all that was left was 10pm!
T Rex is not owned by Disney, so they only show a limited amount of availability on the app and website. You can call them directly and get a reservation easy.

T Rex is not owned by Disney, so they only show a limited amount of availability on the app and website. You can call them directly and get a reservation easy.

Ohhhh good to know! I had only thought of TRex after plans A, B, C and D fell through so I just figured I was too late, but was confused when I saw that Rainforest had so many openings and they seem so similar. Now it all makes sense, thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!