**September 2019**

We are staying at Contemporary so would only upgrade to Deluxe. It would be around $840ish for us to do the upgrade for 7 nights. We are arriving around 5am (we drive) and our departure day, we stay till after dinner and leave around 8ish. I have 3 small children (8,5,3) and wasn’t sure if the 2 credit meals would be too fancy for them? They are not quiet, by any means lol! We mostly do character meals so I know that would help and we’d like to do CRT again. I know all the other ones seem like little kids wouldn’t enjoy or it would be such a dress up/classy meal. What do you think? Even with our standard plan, we will end up paying for a couple meals out of pocket.

With kids I would probably minimize signatures. I went to a lot of signatures on my last trip (just my best friend and I) and I think I would spend so much time trying to make sure my youngest was quiet and respectful of other diners that I would not enjoy it as much. I think the ones in the park would be the ones I would do since they seemed overall less fancy to me but we loved the food (Le Cellier and Tiffins were the two in park ones we went to)

Personally, I would just keep the regular DDP. Between signatures with little ones and a lot of food in the heat I would wait to try DxDDP another time.

What restaurants are you looking to book?

As long as there are no surprises when the September calendar gets released I think I have finally finished messing with days (haha yeah right) A couple more weeks until ADR time :thumbsup2

8/31 - 'Ohana - early. We will have driven overnight so we usually crash early on arrival night and 'Ohana starts dinner at 3:30.
9/1 - no ADRs just qs
9/2 - Chef Mickey dinner
9/3 - Akershus dinner
9/4 - Storybook dinner
9/5 - Coral Reef lunch / TH dinner
9/6 - BoG breakfast
9/7 - TRex lunch before we drive home

I feel for the people up north, but us down south have gotten skipped on snow so far this year, haven't we? We've been "promised" snow multiple times in Nashville, but have gotten nothing more than a dusting. Last year, we had one good sledding-worthy snow. This year, it looks like we may get skipped altogether. I personally don't have my feelings hurt by it. I'm from a place that's used to a few good snows every winter, and it kind of irritates me that the entire state basically shuts down for days when it snows here. We've already had a couple of days where schools were closed "due to the threat of winter weather" or "due to cold temperatures". I get that this is the south (southerner born and raised), but it wears me out in the winter.

We're in Nashville as well and yeah the lack of decent snow this year as been a bummer. I don't want us to be buried, but a modest six or seven inches one time would have been nice. Nashville is apparently in what is called the "snow bubble" where weather fronts containing snow tend to wrap around the city.

Roll call updated. I check in Aug 31st and can start booking March 4th so you are about a week after me.

Thank you so much.
I just went on the ADR calendar and I can book March 10. I'll be coming home from vacation on March 9, whew LOL

We're in Nashville as well and yeah the lack of decent snow this year as been a bummer. I don't want us to be buried, but a modest six or seven inches one time would have been nice. Nashville is apparently in what is called the "snow bubble" where weather fronts containing snow tend to wrap around the city.

Do you follow NashSevereWx on Twitter? His "Dry Air Monster" is hilarious and I've "watched" it eat the snow before it falls during a couple of these systems. And "Panic Catfish" is great, but he hasn't freaked out at all this winter.

Here are our planned ADRs!

We've gone crazy with the character breakfasts lol -- our youngest daughter loves them!

9/8 - None - our MNSSHP Night!
9/9 - Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic Breakfast
9/10 - Tusker House Rivers of Light Breakfast
9/11 - 1900 Park Fare Breakfast & BOG Lunch
9/12 - Garden Grill Breakfast
9/13 - Crystal Palace Breakfast
9/14 - Akershus Breakfast & Ohana Dinner

Do you follow NashSevereWx on Twitter? His "Dry Air Monster" is hilarious and I've "watched" it eat the snow before it falls during a couple of these systems. And "Panic Catfish" is great, but he hasn't freaked out at all this winter.
We drive to WDW from Canada almost every year and last year was the first time we went the I75 route. I have to say Nashville had an awesome travel centre! The night security guard was so nice and made us Canadians all sign the visitors book. It was the first visitors centre we have seen that had a fireplace in it! The security guard told us it is just to look nice but does't really heat up. He said he often chuckles when he see's people trying to warm themselves in front of it.:D

Added a day to our trip, flight times were better. So we will be arriving 9/27. This was only supposed to be a 3 day trip... it seems to have extended itself. I sure hope this is the right time for me to see Illuminations for the last time. I hate that Disney wait till the last minute to announce stuff.

We drive to WDW from Canada almost every year and last year was the first time we went the I75 route. I have to say Nashville had an awesome travel centre! The night security guard was so nice and made us Canadians all sign the visitors book. It was the first visitors centre we have seen that had a fireplace in it! The security guard told us it is just to look nice but does't really heat up. He said he often chuckles when he see's people trying to warm themselves in front of it.:D

Are you sure you don't mean Knoxville? I-75 goes through Knoxville. I-65 comes through Nashville. We do have a great Visitor's Center coming across the state line from Kentucky, though. We pit stop there often on our way home from our adventures in KY.

You are braver then I am, I won't even drive to WDW from Virginia!

Are you sure you don't mean Knoxville? I-75 goes through Knoxville. I-65 comes through Nashville. We do have a great Visitor's Center coming across the state line from Kentucky, though. We pit stop there often on our way home from our adventures in KY.
It might have been Knoxville. We did go through Kentucky also. My husband drives so I am usually trying to keep our 3 kiddos from annoying each other and am not paying too much attention to where we are, LOL.:teeth:

My DH hates flying so he would rather drive. I don't think I could do the drive if I had to be the one actually driving!:scared::teeth:

Ugh, well guess if he doesn't like to fly. I like my 2 hour flight. I get car sick pretty easily, so the 11 hour drive is too much for me. I would never make it from Canada!"

Ugh, well guess if he doesn't like to fly. I like my 2 hour flight. I get car sick pretty easily, so the 11 hour drive is too much for me. I would never make it from Canada!"
2 hours to WDW would be nice!:) We used to drive the I-77, I-95 route but every time we hit all those hills my younger 2 would get carsick. They were okay going the I-75 route.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter