The September 2019 Trip Reports Thread

No, that sounds like a long haul!!
Worth it though! 🥰 I can’t believe how fast the days are flying now! We have a big photo shoot on Monday and I’ll be busy editing and putting together the video for the week after that and by then we’ll be only a few days out! 😱

Just realized my ticker’s wrong! We’re 2w2d out! When they came out with the 20% off discounts last winter we added a day and then added another when we realized we’d need to stay 2 days at SC (state park). Never one to turn down a longer vacation! I’m kinda hoping we can add another day to the end of the trip because oldest son turns 15 the day we’re supposed to leave. Spending your birthday in a car leaving Disney is rough!

Just realized my ticker’s wrong! We’re 2w2d out! When they came out with the 20% off discounts last winter we added a day and then added another when we realized we’d need to stay 2 days at SC (state park). Never one to turn down a longer vacation! I’m kinda hoping we can add another day to the end of the trip because oldest son turns 15 the day we’re supposed to leave. Spending your birthday in a car leaving Disney is rough!

Yes, that would stink to be in a car heading home from Disney, on your birthday! My DS just turned 15 last week, so we plan on letting him celebrate while there over Labor Day weekend. It's hard to time it right to be in the parks on the actual day.

We're 11 days out and I'm itching to go!

Holy Crap...2 weeks today and I'll be pulling in!!! Cannot wait!!!!!! This summer has been brutal for work and I'm looking forward to a little Fort time!

St Thomas is amazing - I'd love to hear about it if you feel like telling us even though it's not disney related. We're not big on Star Wars either, so no excitement there for us. We're avoiding HS this trip.

We were't doing parks this trip, but somehow it ended up different... I'm going with oldest DD to Epcot and DH is going with 2 of the other older kids to AK, then doing MNSSHP. It's SO hard finding costumes that are not only cool enough for FL summer, but also won't break the bank and can be worn on rides. I think I've got most of them done. Still need to make one more shirt and wait for our oldest son to decide. He may just end up going as himself. Haha! Trying to pack light this time too. No need for 7+ days of clothing when we do wash every day. And same goes for food - we don't have to pack for the entire 2 weeks since we end up going to Publix one of the first few days anyway. Why is it so hard not to bring everything and a kitchen sink? ;)

As far as ADRs go, we have one for Ohana breakfast, one for TE brunch (our favorite!) and then I'm taking our oldest to Hoop De Doo for his birthday while DH watches the kiddos. He's usually the one who gets to go do fun things like that so I'm super excited!

Our magic bands arrived a few weeks ago after I *finally* managed to score a couple of the fancier bands. So they're all packed and ready to go! I don't think there's anything more to do until we do our final packing! We leave on a Sunday morning this time, so at least we have the day before to finish that up.

After doing two MNSSHP events, I am sure there is no such thing as a costume cool enough for Florida !!!

Us too!

But I leave in the morning for 5 days in Wisconsin for a work conference. I did just make MDE reservations. This will be my first time on the magic bus.

j
I've only done MDE to Pop...it's a nice ride. Leaves the resorts to go back to the airport far too early for my domestic flight to Buffalo but alas...that just gives me more time for Chick-Fil-A and shopping at the Disney store in the airport :).

Soooo....I'm patiently awaiting my trailer to come back from the shop (for the 3rd time) next Tuesday. I haven't packed a thing and it's driving my OCD crazy. With Labour Day next weekend I can write off any possible free time thanks to work.

I can't wait to read these! We decided the March crowds are too much, so we are going to see if we can handle the heat in September!

So looks like @Teamubr and Dorian may have a meeting in Orlando. Hope that Hurricane turns, since the last time we did Sept was impacted. I will be following on the sidelines this time.

So looks like @Teamubr and Dorian may have a meeting in Orlando. Hope that Hurricane turns, since the last time we did Sept was impacted. I will be following on the sidelines this time.
I'm up in Wisconsin right now. Their weather doesn't pay much attention to the Caribbean, but I did see something about it. Hopefully it is long gone by the 7th.

j

We are leaving home on Saturday and driving to Milton FL before driving on to the Fort on Sunday. I am pretty nervous about how Dorian is going to mess with our vacation next week.

I'm curious to see the impact on Florida...the models are all over the place right now, but by Friday or Saturday we should see how Dorian will interact with the coast. Should be long gone by the 7th.

We are leaving home on Saturday and driving to Milton FL before driving on to the Fort on Sunday. I am pretty nervous about how Dorian is going to mess with our vacation next week.

There may be no fuel in Florida by then. State of Emergency was declared. Disney is pretty resilient, we spent time in a hotel waiting for the Fort to reopen after Irma. The mosquitoes were the worst that trip, as they blew in with the storms.

Ugh Dorian needs to go far far away. I’m still hopeful that it’ll be gone by the 7th but if it keeps stalling it’s looking less likely. I’ll have to make the call by Thursday at the latest as I’m coming from Canada.

Ugh Dorian needs to go far far away. I’m still hopeful that it’ll be gone by the 7th but if it keeps stalling it’s looking less likely. I’ll have to make the call by Thursday at the latest as I’m coming from Canada.
They are closing Orlando airport on Monday. Blizzard Beach is closing and they are calling people with Fort Wilderness, Copper Creek Cabins,
and other resorts.
Gas stations are out of fuel all over the state.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter