*September 2019 Check-In*

Checking In!

DW and I will be arriving on 9/29 and staying through 10/2. Staying at Park Vue Inn. Planning on doing one park per day tix with MaxPass.

It's my first time at DLR and I'm very excited. (DW has been twice before). Only doing 2.5 days in the parks, but very excited to explore. We're big foodies and all food recommendations are welcome. We visit WDW multiple times a year, so we're looking forward to seeing the original.

We plan to do Goofy's Kitchen on our arrival day, however it will not be a park day so we will not have Maxpass. I guess that means we will have to pay for our photos?

We plan to do Goofy's Kitchen on our arrival day, however it will not be a park day so we will not have Maxpass. I guess that means we will have to pay for our photos?
I didn't think of this but we're doing the same thing so I'm curious if you get responses.

We're just getting into the 60 day window so I tried to book a Fantasmic package for Sept. 8. It turns out the calendar only goes as far as Aug 31. WOC dining goes to Sept 2 and the dessert package to Aug 31. I messaged Disneyland on twitter and was told:
"We suggest checking again in the future. Entertainment specific dining can change based on the entertainment offerings, therefore for some of these dining packages we suggest continuing to check Disney Dining for availability."

Not super encouraging.

Two months out! Are you making your dining reservations? I’m getting ready to start in a few days!

I use a travel agent so she started making the reservations for us today. We arrive on the 7th but later in the afternoon so I wanted to leave the evening open for us, rather than having the pressure of making it to dinner at a specific time. Sunday the 8th we have reservations for Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast and Napa Rose for dinner! So excited!!!!

I didn't think of this but we're doing the same thing so I'm curious if you get responses.

We're just getting into the 60 day window so I tried to book a Fantasmic package for Sept. 8. It turns out the calendar only goes as far as Aug 31. WOC dining goes to Sept 2 and the dessert package to Aug 31. I messaged Disneyland on twitter and was told:
"We suggest checking again in the future. Entertainment specific dining can change based on the entertainment offerings, therefore for some of these dining packages we suggest continuing to check Disney Dining for availability."

Not super encouraging.
Don't worry, this is really common. DLR doesn't publish their entertainment schedule very far out, sometimes only a month! So you have to keep checking back for those F! and WOC packages.

Tried booking our first-day dining today-- we are going the 11th-15th. I guess they really DO mean 60 days, not two months to the day you are going to be there. It's only available as far as the 9th.

Also, I'm thinking when I book for Blue Bayou, I want to do the F! dining package, but of course I can't book that till they release the schedule. Probably won't be for several weeks or a month till that's up. I think meanwhile I should probably book the time I want (first lunch seating) right at 60 days, then hope they can convert it to the F! package when it is available. I'll call Disney Dining to make certain I can do that.

My September trip is starting to take shape! Staying Club Level at Grand Californian from the 19-23 at the end of a 10-day Cali trip.
So far, I have an party ticket for the 19th and Chef's Counter at Napa Rose on the 22nd! Debating making more ADRs, but I think I'll probably play it by ear instead.

For anyone who has done a DCA Halloween party before - do lots of food & drink locations stay open? Wondering if I might be able to sneak into Lamplight during the party, or get in some Sonoma Terrace time before World of Color.

My September trip is starting to take shape! Staying Club Level at Grand Californian from the 19-23 at the end of a 10-day Cali trip.
So far, I have an party ticket for the 19th and Chef's Counter at Napa Rose on the 22nd! Debating making more ADRs, but I think I'll probably play it by ear instead.

For anyone who has done a DCA Halloween party before - do lots of food & drink locations stay open? Wondering if I might be able to sneak into Lamplight during the party, or get in some Sonoma Terrace time before World of Color.

You may want to hop over to the party thread!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...eld-in-dca-only.3731676/page-27#post-60828307

I'm making reservations day by day as our 60-day window opens. I wanted to make WOC dessert party today for Friday Sept. 13th, but so far the schedule is only going out to September 2nd. Hope they update for the month by the end of July!

Anybody else impatiently waiting to see if a room discount will be issued?? There is currently a Visa Cardholder discount, and according to historical past discounts, the general public discount is released about a week later, same one as the cardholders.

So if we cross our fingers it could be 20%!

If it does come about, we may splurge and upgrade to Club Level at DLH - it is my 50th birthday trip after all!

I'm making reservations day by day as our 60-day window opens. I wanted to make WOC dessert party today for Friday Sept. 13th, but so far the schedule is only going out to September 2nd. Hope they update for the month by the end of July!
This is frustrating me as well.

I'm also so used to planning for DW, that I'm eager to see park schedules and timing for WOC and if there will be any scheduled fireworks while we are there.

Based on the past history, I think fireworks through the week are a no-go in September, and one of our nights is a Halloween party. So that's the night we plan to do WOC. But this 30 days out is killing me LOL.

I also have more places I want to try eating than I have meals! :rotfl2:

Anybody else impatiently waiting to see if a room discount will be issued?? There is currently a Visa Cardholder discount, and according to historical past discounts, the general public discount is released about a week later, same one as the cardholders.

So if we cross our fingers it could be 20%!

If it does come about, we may splurge and upgrade to Club Level at DLH - it is my 50th birthday trip after all!
Yes! I’ve been hoping and watching! I have the Disney premier card, but the current offer is only through like August 28th or something, not September! Historically, they have offered it in September, but I wonder if they’re counting on Halloween party people to fill the rooms. I really hope they extend it at least till the first OBB date.

[QUOTE="Skjhjb, post: 60841459, member: 434933

I also have more places I want to try eating than I have meals! :rotfl2:
[/QUOTE]
Thiiiiissss! I want to eat at ALL the places!

Yes! I’ve been hoping and watching! I have the Disney premier card, but the current offer is only through like August 28th or something, not September! Historically, they have offered it in September, but I wonder if they’re counting on Halloween party people to fill the rooms. I really hope they extend it at least till the first OBB date.

And SURE! They released more free dining for DW fall/winter today, but can't release a room discount for the seemingly "low crowds" in DL yet? :P

Okay, so at 7 am I’m blearily scrolling through the dining reservations part of the app, trying to make a Blue Bayou lunch reservation for the 14th, 60 days out. The F! Packages aren’t up yet, but I figure I’ll make the reservation for 11:30 to hold it for our party, then switch it to a dining package when those are released. To my surprise, at 7:02 the first available times were 1:00 and 1:30.

So I called Disney Dining. Here’s the weird part. I was asked by the robot to press 1 if I was a registered resort hotel guest during my stay. We’ll be at DLH for once, so I did. Are they gate keeping so only onsite guests can get a crack at first reservations?

Once I got the CM (short wait, happily) he said that the F! package reservations are a completely different computer entry, so yeah, I’d have to watch for them and call if/when they are released. Meanwhile, he said, would you want to dine at this place and time anyway, even if the F! package wasn’t available? I said yes, and lo and behold, 11:30 was open. So what I have to do is call when the packages drop, cancel the first reservation, and replace it with the F! Package.

Anyway, I just thought it was weird that you can’t book the first BB seating online. I thought someone said here awhile ago that they thought they held those for F! packages? That makes more sense now. But, you can get around that by calling directly.

Okay, so at 7 am I’m blearily scrolling through the dining reservations part of the app, trying to make a Blue Bayou lunch reservation for the 14th, 60 days out. The F! Packages aren’t up yet, but I figure I’ll make the reservation for 11:30 to hold it for our party, then switch it to a dining package when those are released. To my surprise, at 7:02 the first available times were 1:00 and 1:30.

So I called Disney Dining. Here’s the weird part. I was asked by the robot to press 1 if I was a registered resort hotel guest during my stay. We’ll be at DLH for once, so I did. Are they gate keeping so only onsite guests can get a crack at first reservations?

Once I got the CM (short wait, happily) he said that the F! package reservations are a completely different computer entry, so yeah, I’d have to watch for them and call if/when they are released. Meanwhile, he said, would you want to dine at this place and time anyway, even if the F! package wasn’t available? I said yes, and lo and behold, 11:30 was open. So what I have to do is call when the packages drop, cancel the first reservation, and replace it with the F! Package.

Anyway, I just thought it was weird that you can’t book the first BB seating online. I thought someone said here awhile ago that they thought they held those for F! packages? That makes more sense now. But, you can get around that by calling directly.
I was able to get an 11:30am Blue Bayou reservation for Friday the 13th (really, my travel agent did, not me personally). We wanted the Fantasmic package too but I guess the schedule isn't out yet so hoping we can switch it to a package later. Same with WOC packages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter