*September 2019 Check-In*

Just changed our reservation from PPH to DLH. The cost difference was less than $300. We do move from a premium park view to just a standard view, but I know we'll be happy with the magic of our room at the DLH.

Now I have to decide how to divide our 4 day hoppers. We arrive at 11:30 on Tuesday and I'd considered spending the afternoon in the parks. We have HP tickets for Thursday so thinking we make that not a park day. Not sure the 6 year old could hang from rope drop to 11pm (even with a nap break) and since Friday is her birthday I want her to happy and fun. She is a trooper and despite the judgement we'll get we'll have a stroller because snacks and rested legs make my family function better :)

Would you do this:
Tuesday 1pm-closing at parks
Wednesday - Full day at parks
Thursday - 3pm enter DCA for party - pool time and a nice lunch in DTD beforehand
Friday - Full Park Day
Saturday - Full Park Day

Or would you do this:
Tuesday 1pm - pool and explore DTD
Wednesday - Full Park Day
Thursday - Rope drop DL with Magic Morning, take a break around noon to 4pm and head to DCA for party
Friday - Full day
Saturday - Full day

I would recommend taking the first day easy and not do to close.
The hotel is gorgeous and soak in the atmosphere of DTD! Rest up and prepare for the upcoming days of fun!
That's just my two cents :)

Just changed our reservation from PPH to DLH. The cost difference was less than $300. We do move from a premium park view to just a standard view, but I know we'll be happy with the magic of our room at the DLH.

Now I have to decide how to divide our 4 day hoppers. We arrive at 11:30 on Tuesday and I'd considered spending the afternoon in the parks. We have HP tickets for Thursday so thinking we make that not a park day. Not sure the 6 year old could hang from rope drop to 11pm (even with a nap break) and since Friday is her birthday I want her to happy and fun. She is a trooper and despite the judgement we'll get we'll have a stroller because snacks and rested legs make my family function better :)

Would you do this:
Thursday - 3pm enter DCA for party - pool time and a nice lunch in DTD beforehand
Friday - Full Park Day
Saturday - Full Park Day

Or would you do this:
Thursday - Rope drop DL with Magic Morning, take a break around noon to 4pm and head to DCA for party
Friday - Full day
Saturday - Full day
I kind of like your first plan better, just because we are usually so excited to spend that first afternoon getting into the parks! We usually do more relaxed touring (YAY, we're here!) , taking it all in, watch a parade, have a meal, picking up a few FP for whatever is still available or doing walk-ons. And you don't need to close the parks, although I'm guessing it won't be a late closing anyway-- maybe 9 p.m.? I do think it would be nice to spend the half day Thursday just sleeping late, relaxing by the pool, and hitting the party later on all refreshed.
Also, re: the stroller, you go, sister. My youngest was almost 6, but boy we were glad we had a Disney rental stroller-- it was such relief for her to sit when the waits and the walking were getting long, and there was a place to store our stuff-- and when she wasn't in it, even her 10 y.o. sister would sometimes squeeze in!
(ETA: she's now 17. I bet she'd still go for a stroller for our trip in Sept. if we let her! :laughing:)

Would you do this:
Friday - Full Park Day
Saturday - Full Park Day

Or would you do this:
Friday - Full day
Saturday - Full day

That’s hard.... I know the one party we went to we did the parks in the morning, took a break, then went back to the party and we were beat! My teen and tween were falling asleep during the second parade!! It happened to be record breaking temps while we were there (107) which contributed to our tiredness. This year we are going to the beach in the morning then to our room for a rest then will hit the party around 2:00-2:30 (Sunday 9/29).

On the other hand entering the parks at 1:30 the first day puts you at a disadvantage in terms of crowds.

In hindsight I wouldn’t have wasted a whole day park hopper on only 1/2 day in the parks. Have you considered either extending for one day so you get 4 full days in the park or dropping to a 3 day hopper to save some and get the most for your $$??

We are at the Anaheim Harbor RV Park 9/13-9/20. We are going to OBB on 9/17! Very excited to spend some time exploring the parks and eating Our last time at DL was in 2015 for the 60th. We are at WDW all the time because we usually spend the fall/winter in Florida. We are working an hour away from Anaheim this winter. We will be back in November for the holiday stuff at DLH and GC.

Two months out! Are you making your dining reservations? I’m getting ready to start in a few days!

Two months out! Are you making your dining reservations? I’m getting ready to start in a few days!

I am at 60 days tomorrow! Is that when we can book?

I feel so lost! I don’t know much about the restaurants. I know we want to do Blue Bayou, but that’s as far as I have gotten! 😬

Edit: I am actually at 61 days tomorrow for reservations. I forgot the first day is a travel day!

Last edited:
Yes, 60 days out. I still don't know what to book for my first night. I know on the following days I want to book Napa Rose chef's counter, WOC dessert party, and Blue Bayou F! reservations-- first lunch seating at 11:30 a.m. I'm thinking about Steakhouse 55, Carthay Circle, or Cafe Orleans for our first night. The rest will be counter service. Decisions, decisions.

Yes, 60 days out. I still don't know what to book for my first night. I know on the following days I want to book Napa Rose chef's counter, WOC dessert party, and Blue Bayou F! reservations-- first lunch seating at 11:30 a.m. I'm thinking about Steakhouse 55, Carthay Circle, or Cafe Orleans for our first night. The rest will be counter service. Decisions, decisions.

I was surprised by the relatively few TS options. I’m used to WDW where there are so many!

I know we will probably venture out of DL for a few meals. We have already planned for the Cheesecake Factory on our travel night. We have been wanting to try it for a long time! (And it doesn’t look to be far from our hotel).

I wonder if they will release any MSEP packages. I would definitely consider that!

I'm coming! :) 23/24/25 with hopper ticket. Don't know if I'll attend the Halloween party yet. First visit! Only Shanghai and Hong Kong left! XD I'll stay in a private apartment in Downey :)

Last edited:
... We have already planned for the Cheesecake Factory on our travel night. We have been wanting to try it for a long time! (And it doesn’t look to be far from our hotel)...
It's not far from the CCI -- maybe a 10+ minute walk, depending on the signal at Harbor and Katella (which is a major intersection, so sometimes a longer light). Just south on Harbor, then east on Katella -- keep heading for the GardenWalk Shopping Center... ta da! And once you find that, you've also found Roy's, McCormick and Schmick's, Bubba Gump's, California Pizza Kitchen, Fire and Ice (Mongolian BBQ), etc. Your walk will take you past the A Mart (convenience store), 7-11, CVS (24/7), Starbucks, and Walgreens, to name a few places. So if you find you'll need to pick up a few things on your way back to your hotel, no problem. :)

It's not far from the CCI -- maybe a 10+ minute walk, depending on the signal at Harbor and Katella (which is a major intersection, so sometimes a longer light). Just south on Harbor, then east on Katella -- keep heading for the GardenWalk Shopping Center... ta da! And once you find that, you've also found Roy's, McCormick and Schmick's, Bubba Gump's, California Pizza Kitchen, Fire and Ice (Mongolian BBQ), etc. Your walk will take you past the A Mart (convenience store), 7-11, CVS (24/7), Starbucks, and Walgreens, to name a few places. So if you find you'll need to pick up a few things on your way back to your hotel, no problem. :)

That is awesome!!! Thank you!!

(We used to have a California Pizza Kitchen near me and we loved it. We will definitely put that on our list!!)

I hope so! We are looking forward to it.

I booked concierge because the thought of having hot coffee delivered to my room every morning was almost as thrilling as our week at Disneyland! :rotfl:
The Premium Rooms are one of the main reasons we stay there! Having breakfast delivered to the room just makes the mornings more special and makes getting ready that much easier. The breakfasts have always been delivered on time as requested and the food has been just as we requested, too. If you like a bit more protein with your breakfast, there is a small fridge and a small microwave in the Premium Rooms, so you can keep some extra breakfast things handy. Sometimes we get breakfast sandwiches from EOS or breakfast burritos from Tortilla Jo's Taqueria, both in DTD, to supplement things.

The Premium Rooms are one of the main reasons we stay there! Having breakfast delivered to the room just makes the mornings more special and makes getting ready that much easier. The breakfasts have always been delivered on time as requested and the food has been just as we requested, too. If you like a bit more protein with your breakfast, there is a small fridge and a small microwave in the Premium Rooms, so you can keep some extra breakfast things handy. Sometimes we get breakfast sandwiches from EOS or breakfast burritos from Tortilla Jo's Taqueria, both in DTD, to supplement things.

Good to know! Thank you!

I've got 17 more days before I can make reservations!! I've been so busy at work I haven't put a lot of time into thinking about it like I usually do. I guess I need to get my priorities straight!

We usually do Cafe Orleans once and Carnation Cafe once, and if it's an option the WoC Dessert party. I think I might wait and see if the halloween party offers the dessert party. The cost to do that on a party night would make that an pretty expensive day, but the view!! I am considering skipping Carnation Cafe because I'm the only one int he family who really loves the food. Maybe we should try something new this time around.

Napa Rose chefs counter can be booked at 60 days to the beginning of the month that the reservation takes place in, so you’ve already passed that and can make chefs counter reservations for the whole month of September.

Napa Rose chefs counter can be booked at 60 days to the beginning of the month that the reservation takes place in, so you’ve already passed that and can make chefs counter reservations for the whole month of September.

Yes, I booked for 9/18 already!

Yes! We booked Napa Rose chef’s counter already. I want to go to Black Tap on our first night. We are driving from Joshua Tree, so not sure if we will be tired. If not we will do Trader Sam’s and the fireworks too. Next full day WOC dessert party lunch at Carthay Circle. Then Fantasmic! lunch at Blue Bayou. The rest of the time will be trying all the favorites like Halloween snacks, lobster nachos and fried chicken-haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter