September 2019 Car Rental Thread

I'm at $210 with Alamo, 9/25-9/30. No code straight booking on Alamo's website.

Down to $182 from Dollar for a mid size from 9/4 to 9/9 using code 101348. That’s down $12 from last week.

My trip starts 9/28 posted in Oct thread the detail of quote thru autoslash for midsize, 1 week...$194

Still stuck at $304 full size Alamo. 11 days. Passholder code and $25 coupon. August 30-September 10.

Last edited:
Still stuck at $304 full size Alamo. 10 days. Passholder code and $25 coupon. August 30-September 10.
We've got a few options (all from Costco), none fantastic.

10-days pick up/drop off at MCO, Alamo full size, $282 -- this is our top pick, but we're hoping for a small SUV or minivan, so we'll check the full-size aisle to see what's there and if there's nothing, we'll likely punt to one of the offsite pick-ups the following day.

9 days, pick up at Budget in Kissimmee/drop off at MCO, intermediate SUV, $280
9 days, pick up/drop off at Avis at Disney Springs Hilton, intermediate SUV, $259

9/17 to 9/24 $225 full size @ Alamo using Costco. If my delta flight lands at 10:55pm- would 11:30 pm be enough time to get to the alamo counter?

What Alamo coupon codes are people using that actually provide a benefit? I am still getting the same rate with some coupon codes as I do without. The only one I am getting a benefit from at the moment is the free upgrade, AU2291VYT. The $25 off coupons (AD2823JAZ and AD8698SDF) are not affecting my prices.

Currently have a minivan booked for $279 for 7 nights (9/18-25), MCO Alamo via Costco. Checking rates at least 2x/day from here on out though in hopes we can snag a lower price. 🤞

Our minivan rental for the same type of trip in January (7 nights, Wed-Wed with Alamo out of MCO) was $100 less than what I have right now for September.

9/17 to 9/24 $225 full size @ Alamo using Costco. If my delta flight lands at 10:55pm- would 11:30 pm be enough time to get to the alamo counter?
I usually put down a reservation time right around when my flight lands or 30 minutes after, depending on which rate is better. I've never had an issue with Alamo when picking up my car a bit later/earlier than my reservation time either. YMMV, of course, but I think your plan will work out perfectly! :-)

Also highly recommend setting up your Alamo reservation to just skip the counter completely, if you can (and haven't already done so). That's made the process SO much more efficient for us at MCO.

Found the first decent drop in rates for my trip today ($31 less than the rate I've been seeing for a while--both rates with Alamo via Costco). I'm at 51 days out from my arrival date, so fingers crossed the rates continue to dip a bit more. I'm now at $248 for a 7-night minivan rental but am really hoping to get under $200!

Found the first decent drop in rates for my trip today ($31 less than the rate I've been seeing for a while--both rates with Alamo via Costco). I'm at 51 days out from my arrival date, so fingers crossed the rates continue to dip a bit more. I'm now at $248 for a 7-night minivan rental but am really hoping to get under $200!

Congratulations. We are 32 days out and still same everyday. No drops here.

Thrifty using 10% of weekly "deal" on their website (promo code 101349); 9/19-9/25--$160 for Mid-size (full-size was $177). Still waiting for Alamo to drop...

Alamo seems to have increased the prices over the last few days. Maybe we'll start to see them drop soon. I need 9/7 - 9/20, and I don't want to take a loan out for it :teeth:

Alamo seems to have increased the prices over the last few days. Maybe we'll start to see them drop soon. I need 9/7 - 9/20, and I don't want to take a loan out for it :teeth:

It seem like Dollars are dropping. I just rebooked mine and saved another $28 using code 101348 for a mid size. I was at $182 now at $154. My goal was to get to $150 so hopefully beat that eventually.

My Alamo dropped $25 today, but before I could book my second car it went back up. Grrrr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter