September 2018 TR- Thunderstorm Dodging, Toy Story Land Visiting

So here's a recap of our trip. Drive down was trouble free.
Lake Louisa is a beautiful and quiet campground off the beaten path (I checked on the way out, 3.1 miles to campsite LOL) and very inexpensive.
Saturday morning picked cart from Kenny's and drove to The Fort.
While waiting to check in, the CM was very polite, asking questions, give us buttons for our anniversary, asked us about our plans for dining and what not.
Little did I realize she was stalling for time, then she says "OK your site is ready". We were parked and set up by 11:30.
The parks were not too busy. Our second fastpass for FoP was 6:45pm on wednesday. When we got off it was about 7:15 and the wait time was still 50 minutes although the line didn't seem that long.
We got back in line and it was only about 15 minutes, I think maybe they put a longer wait time that late to discourage people from getting in line?
Food and Wine was really nice. Food portions were perfect for sharing without getting too full.
Trader Sam's Grog Grotto is a blast. It is a little pricey, but the drinks are big and the atmosphere is very entertaining.
It was oppressively hot everyday, which made the pool that much more enjoyable.
The Segway tour was fun and informative, got to see the large bat chalet. Kinda pricey but I thought worth it.
The Fort appears to be noticeably more "open" I believe because of tree loss from Irma, but is growing nicely.
Our last day spent at MK was great just walking around.
While walking through the Emporium on Main Street, a CM asked us if we were finding everything OK. I jokingly said everything except for 1 thing.
I told her that we were there for our Anniversary, but couldn't get tickets for MNSSHP during our stay and I was hoping to get a Headless Horseman light up straw.
She says "give me a few minutes". We walked around the store for awhile. She came back with a small bag and said "here you go" I said thank you and she "you're welcome" and just walked away.
DW got her name, so I will certainly send an email to make sure she gets recognized for helping us.
All in all the whole trip was wonderful and will hopefully hold us over till we can plan our next trip

When we got off it was about 7:15 and the wait time was still 50 minutes although the line didn't seem that long.
We got back in line and it was only about 15 minutes, I think maybe they put a longer wait time that late to discourage people from getting in line?
This is something that’s been bubbling up online for a couple years now. What’s one step above an urban legend, but one step below an open secret? The ride I’ve most frequently heard this about is TSMM.

Beautiful sunset over Lake Louisa
20180914_192407-980x2016.jpg
Tigger guiding us into The Fort
20180915_103109_crop_392x591.jpg
And of course Pirates
20180915_185207_crop_434x633.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!