September 2018 discount watch

Unfortunately we already have flights booked.

It's crazy because if I extend the trip one night I can get the rates, or if I move the whole trip up one day I get the rates. But for the 3 nights I need, it says no availability. It's not as if the rooms are booked, because I know they show up without the discounted price, but I guess those 3 nights alone are not eligible for a discount?

This is going to drive me crazy!! haha
isn't it a minimum 4 night stay required for FD.
RO depends on what is available for each night

isn't it a minimum 4 night stay required for FD.
RO depends on what is available for each night

Right, I know that. But to explain- my trip is booked rack rate from Wed-Sat. Rooms are still available rack rate for those dates, but they don't show discounted when you search those dates under the Enchanted offer (whatever it is called haha)

But then if I search the same week, Wed-Sun the whole trip comes up with the discounted room rates! Or if I search that Thurs-Sun the same thing happens! I guess Sunday is the magic day I need included to get this discount for whatever reason!

It's ok I guess. Time to think of Plan B!

i was on hold for 1 hr 24 min and got the discount at the WL on my existing reservation. Good luck!
No discount at all for WL. I had booked club level , because I needed a room that fit 6. I thought you could apply the discount to an existing reservation, but the cm said there were not any left. So frustrating!!!! There is no way I would pay rack rate club level.

No discount at all for WL. I had booked club level , because I needed a room that fit 6. I thought you could apply the discount to an existing reservation, but the cm said there were not any left. So frustrating!!!! There is no way I would pay rack rate club level.

The only way a discount would be applied is if a discounted room was available in that category. Hope all works out.

The way this works is that you're not extended a discount per say, as much as it is that discounted rooms are offered, depending on inventory. Disney is getting so busy now that's it's becoming very risky to book rooms at rack months in advance. This past January, I booked club level at BC for Sept. I was hoping for a discount and got one, but had already decided I was keeping the ressie either way. Sometimes you can just modify and book a different category, but the worst of it might be the busier times of year where, like at the smaller capacity WL, you end up with nothing at all.

So frustrating! I have Yacht Club booked in September and I was really hoping to get some discount for either Yacht or Beach Club. Well they both only had Deluxe Club level discounted on my dates!! Disappointing.

I guess now I have to decide if its worth it to move to a different resort!

I was hoping for room only YC in September as well, and nothing is available for my dates.

I have a reservation booked at rack rate for September that I booked on April 15, but was able to book the exact same trip with the room only discount today. WOOHOO! Will I be able to transfer all of my ADR's to the new reservation or will I lose them when I cancel the first one? Do I need to call to do this? I've not been able to access MDE today to even look.

Right, I know that. But to explain- my trip is booked rack rate from Wed-Sat. Rooms are still available rack rate for those dates, but they don't show discounted when you search those dates under the Enchanted offer (whatever it is called haha)

But then if I search the same week, Wed-Sun the whole trip comes up with the discounted room rates! Or if I search that Thurs-Sun the same thing happens! I guess Sunday is the magic day I need included to get this discount for whatever reason!

It's ok I guess. Time to think of Plan B!
Try calling the reservation line...if you talk to a friendly CM and explain the situation, they may be able to get a supervisor to override the system. I have heard of this exact example happening before not specifically for discounted rate, but just when someone is trying to book and the rooms won’t show as available until you enter a specific length/date/etc since they are trying to prevent gaps in vacancy. They may not override it for you but it’s worth a chance at least

The way this works is that you're not extended a discount per say, as much as it is that discounted rooms are offered, depending on inventory. Disney is getting so busy now that's it's becoming very risky to book rooms at rack months in advance. This past January, I booked club level at BC for Sept. I was hoping for a discount and got one, but had already decided I was keeping the ressie either way. Sometimes you can just modify and book a different category, but the worst of it might be the busier times of year where, like at the smaller capacity WL, you end up with nothing at all.
Very disappointing, because the CM said there was a discount, but it was gone. She told me to keep checking to see if it pops back up. There are so few rooms that fit 6, so that is why I booked there. All I wanted was a room only discount and I thought 15% was better than nothing, and I am still getting nothing. UGH!

Is there a way to book room only through the website - or do you have to call?

I was able to book a RO discount online today for my dates. It's the one that's called "Enchanted Escape Room Offer". I had to change from standard to garden view, but it still saved me a little bit.

Very disappointing, because the CM said there was a discount, but it was gone. She told me to keep checking to see if it pops back up. There are so few rooms that fit 6, so that is why I booked there. All I wanted was a room only discount and I thought 15% was better than nothing, and I am still getting nothing. UGH!

Meghan, that totally stinks. Have you checked out other options that accommodate 6 people? Cabins at Ft Wilderness right next door to Wilderness Lodge takes 6, and Ft Wilderness offers the same transportation as Wilderness Lodge (to the Magic Kingdom and Contemporary by boat and everywhere else by bus).
Or perhaps the family suites at Art of Animation?

Last edited:
Meghan, that totally stinks. Have you checked out other options that accommodate 6 people? Cabins at Ft Wilderness right next door to Wilderness Lodge take 6, and Ft Wilderness offers the same transportation to the Magic Kingdom and Contemporary by boat.
Or perhaps the family suites at Art of Animation?
I was so unhappy yesterday. I ended up booking a family suite at Art of animation with free dining, but my heart was set on Wildnerness lodge. I'm still going to be on the lookout to see if the discount does pop up. What's weird is there are still plenty of CL deluxe rooms available at WL. How are the cabins at Ft. Wildnerness? I am also concerned about the beds at Art of animation. My oldest is turning 12 on our trip and he is almost my height. So stressful!

I was so unhappy yesterday. I ended up booking a family suite at Art of animation with free dining, but my heart was set on Wildnerness lodge. I'm still going to be on the lookout to see if the discount does pop up. What's weird is there are still plenty of CL deluxe rooms available at WL. How are the cabins at Ft. Wildnerness? I am also concerned about the beds at Art of animation. My oldest is turning 12 on our trip and he is almost my height. So stressful!

I have not stayed at the cabins (hopefully someone else can chime in), but the atmosphere at Ft Wilderness is very calming. We go to Hoop Dee Doo Revue every trip, and we like to go early so that we can relax and walk around Ft Wilderness. So, knowing that, it is definitely something I would consider. But it is totally different than CL at Wilderness Lodge for sure.

I was playing around with dates on the Wilderness Lodge CL Deluxe rooms just for fun because I'm weird (I'm so curious how Disney runs these things), and it appears the check-in date is the factor. I searched 9/1-9/14 and there was a deluxe CL room available. Then I searched 9/8-9/14 and nothing was available. Then I searched 9/7-9/14 and it was available again. So, if there's any possibility you can go a day early or start a day late, you might consider running those dates and see if something pops up. Now that the craziness of yesterday is over, it's easier to explore options on the website.

I have not stayed at the cabins (hopefully someone else can chime in), but the atmosphere at Ft Wilderness is very calming. We go to Hoop Dee Doo Revue every trip, and we like to go early so that we can relax and walk around Ft Wilderness. So, knowing that, it is definitely something I would consider. But it is totally different than CL at Wilderness Lodge for sure.

I was playing around with dates on the Wilderness Lodge CL Deluxe rooms just for fun because I'm weird (I'm so curious how Disney runs these things), and it appears the check-in date is the factor. I searched 9/1-9/14 and there was a deluxe CL room available. Then I searched 9/8-9/14 and nothing was available. Then I searched 9/7-9/14 and it was available again. So, if there's any possibility you can go a day early or start a day late, you might consider running those dates and see if something pops up. Now that the craziness of yesterday is over, it's easier to explore options on the website.
My dates are 9/22-9/29. There is the room available, but with no discount. What's weird is that the standard cl room does have a discount. but not the deluxe. I don't understand that. If you are offering a discount to CL, then why would it not be for all? I will look at the cabins, it does seem peaceful.

My dates are 9/22-9/29. There is the room available, but with no discount. What's weird is that the standard cl room does have a discount. but not the deluxe. I don't understand that. If you are offering a discount to CL, then why would it not be for all? I will look at the cabins, it does seem peaceful.

There are many more regular club level rooms than deluxe. I think there are only 10 or 12 deluxe rooms. Disney must feel that they won’t have trouble filling them based on past patterns.

Try calling the reservation line...if you talk to a friendly CM and explain the situation, they may be able to get a supervisor to override the system. I have heard of this exact example happening before not specifically for discounted rate, but just when someone is trying to book and the rooms won’t show as available until you enter a specific length/date/etc since they are trying to prevent gaps in vacancy. They may not override it for you but it’s worth a chance at least

Thanks for your advice! I actually did call this morning before I saw this message. The CM didn't help me, but to be fair I kind of just played dumb and didn't straight out ask if it was possible haha I didn't want to be pushy! I'm going to call later and talk to someone else. I will just ask if there's a way for them to do that for me. If not, I guess I will suck it up and look into different options.

There are many more regular club level rooms than deluxe. I think there are only 10 or 12 deluxe rooms. Disney must feel that they won’t have trouble filling them based on past patterns.
Yah, still a bummer. If they are looking like they won't fill, do you think they apply a discount or just leave them empty?

So I booked a family suite at AOA w/free dining, but now I keep hearing so many wonderful things about the cabins at Ft. Wilderness. I can also get that w/free dining and it is slightly cheaper. Does anyone have any experience there? I like the bed options at the cabins, but AOA would have 2 bathrooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!