Sept night time entertainment

DanieB

Mouseketeer
we are taking our first trip to dl in sept. We will be in the parks sept 4-6. I know Pixar fest ends sept 3 rd so now I am wondering what parades/fireworks/night time entertainment we will have. Does anyone have any ideas on what we should expect?

I would think that WOC would be running at least one show per night on those days. It is possible that the nightly entertainment schedule will be weekends only at that point (i.e. Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays). You'll get a much better idea about 6 weeks or so before your trip dates when Disney starts filling in the entertainment calendar.

There were fireworks and Fantasmic! last year when I went Sept. 11th-15th. That's all I remember seeing, but I know they were preparing a WOC show as well. We just left the park before that happened.

It’s not known what will be happening with PtN or the Pixar Play Parade at this point.

And this, right here, is exactly what's keeping me up at night! I'm also wondering if TF fireworks will stay around after Pixar Fest- I'd like to say "yes" because it's so much effort for Disney to go to for a limited time, but then again, I know with the 60th Celebration that the finish date (Sept 5th from memory?) meant everything finished then.

Our kids are Pixar obsessed, so PtN, PPP and TF would be perfect. We check-in on 9/7, so It's a very big question mark about what will stay/go/change...very (im)patiently waiting :goodvibes.

During the school year, fireworks are limited to weekends and holiday periods due to the agreement Disney has with the city of Anaheim. They already have permits for Halloween parties which are additional weeknights, I doubt they will have nightly fireworks outside of weekends once September hits. Disney has to balance entertainment with being a good neighbor, there are houses literally behind the parking structure. I feel bad for them but Disney was there first for most of them!

During the school year, fireworks are limited to weekends and holiday periods due to the agreement Disney has with the city of Anaheim. They already have permits for Halloween parties which are additional weeknights, I doubt they will have nightly fireworks outside of weekends once September hits. Disney has to balance entertainment with being a good neighbor, there are houses literally behind the parking structure. I feel bad for them but Disney was there first for most of them!

Exactly...It's just a matter of what those weekend fireworks will be :confused3.

Exactly...It's just a matter of what those weekend fireworks will be :confused3.

I would not be surprised if there were none. Once Pixar ends, Halloween begins shortly after and they have the Halloween party fireworks (which I am ENTIRELY still bitter about them letting us see one year and then locking them behind the party the next. But I digress.) and then they will have Christmas start just a couple of weeks later. I doubt they will debut any big new exciting thing and some weekends may even have none.

FANTASMIC AND fireworks will be weekends only, chances are the Play Parade and Paint The Night will stop running after Labor Day. A new parade at Disneyland will likely start running after the Holiday season. DCA might get Paint the Night Back after Halloween unless Disney decides to do some special Halloween edition of Paint the Night, then that will run through Halloween and it would be cool if they then did a Christmas version as well. It is a parade that lends itself to being able to do that.

Weekend fireworks will most likely revert to Remember or Believe. If the Pixar fireworks are popular enough, they MIGHT come back next summer.

And this, right here, is exactly what's keeping me up at night! I'm also wondering if TF fireworks will stay around after Pixar Fest- I'd like to say "yes" because it's so much effort for Disney to go to for a limited time, but then again, I know with the 60th Celebration that the finish date (Sept 5th from memory?) meant everything finished then.

Our kids are Pixar obsessed, so PtN, PPP and TF would be perfect. We check-in on 9/7, so It's a very big question mark about what will stay/go/change...very (im)patiently waiting :goodvibes.
We will be impatiently waiting together! We would love to at least be able to see

i will be impatiently waiting with you! I would love my kids to at least be able to see paint the night but the end date on everything isn't looking good ☹️

We will be impatiently waiting together! We would love to at least be able to see

i will be impatiently waiting with you! I would love my kids to at least be able to see paint the night but the end date on everything isn't looking good ☹️
I as well will be impatiently waiting with you too. As we are going September 22nd :)

Based on the previous year’s calendars I’m very optimistic about there at least being something...despite Halloween, the regular daytime parade has always run, and weekend nights without Halloween parties have still showed the regular fireworks. Perhaps there will be no fireworks, or perhaps a parade may be dropped, but I can’t see them dropping all three.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!