• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sending gift basket ahead to hotel?

mylilnikita

DIS Veteran
Hi. I am going to make my own gift basket for my daughter with personalized name tag, etc. Could I sent the basket just before arriving at All Star Movies? I am trying to figure out how to give it to her from Mickey Mouse without her seeing it before it is time. Any suggestions? thanks.

I am interested in the answer to this also--can anyone help??? The original poster and I are both looking to make OUR OWN basket--not purchase from someone else. Can it be sent to the hotel ahead of time? Will the hotel help to put it in the room--especially since we are staying at the All Stars and not one of the deluxe hotels?

Add me to the growing list on this question. What a great idea, I'd love to plan this out for my kids as well. We'll be staying at the Carribbean Beach in Oct.

Hi lovetoscrap and Dis#1, I posted a similar question on the resort board. I got a reply saying the gift shop wouldn't deliver the basket, but I could mail it down there and pick it up at front desk. So I called All Star Movies and the front desk told me that I can send it down a few days before our arrival. Dis#1, maybe you can call Caribbean Beach and ask if they would deliver to your room. Have a great vacation to both of you, please write when you get back and let me know how it went with giving the baskets.

I have talked to many people about this since I am working on a gift bag "from Mickey" for my DD's b-day. I have been told to mail it down and get the address from your resort...make sure you put your name and the dates you are staying on the outside of the package. I was told they won't put it in your room for you...so what I was thinking I would do was "forget" something in the room the day of DD's b-day and set up the bag for her to find when we come back to the room for naptime.

Last year I bought a bunch of stuff( at the TDS) and sent it to the WDW florist and they arranged it in a nice basket and added flowers and a couple balloons! It was put in My Mom and Sisters room while they were at dinner! I think it cost only $35. plus the stuff. I hope this helps. :D

I have a dufflebag that I always carry my suprises in. Since I get up before the kids I set it out for them, or if I'm not too tired the night before. This way I can do a lot of small gifts throughout the week. It might be a beenie, a small gift bag with candy and small toys, t-shirts, beach towels. Most of this I buy year round on clearance or on sale and store it in a rubbermaid tote. When it gets closer to our trip I make up any gift bags and add all my other suprises.

Thank you merryweather's twin & bobcat for your ideas. What is the phone # for WDW florist or how can I find it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter