Seizure parents

alizesmom

Dreaming of Disney.
HAs your child ever stopped breathing after a cluster of seizures? DS7 didn't breath on his own for 18 hours. Praise God he has a ventilator for when he sleeps. Neuro is telling us he just got tired from the seizures. I'm finding this explanation hard to swallow.

That's a pretty simplistic explanation. You said he's on a ventilator at nights? So he already has disordered respiratory drive? It's not entirely inconceivable that the seizure significantly disrupted the portion of his neurological system that controls his breathing. I don't know that I would simplify it to the point your neuro did.

SUDEP is uncommon in children. OP stated her son had had a "cluster of seizures" which leads me to believe that status epilepticus disrupted his respiratory control causing respiratory insufficiency. SUDEP isn't off the table, but it's much less likely.

I am OP. To clarify, he had a seizure at 4:30, 6:10, 6:15 and 6:30. Each one was reported to last about 75 second and we're tonic/clonic in nature. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter