Seeking Sister Wives

I read that Dimitri and his partner are not legally married.
And why is all the blame of sleeping with him the young gals fault, and not his?
They are nuts!

I would be completely interested in knowing what Dmitri and Drew do for an occupation. Drew has a dozen kids, and Dmitri is looking at a potential sister wife that would bring his total up to eight. The finances intrigue me far more than the social aspect.

I would be completely interested in knowing what Dmitri and Drew do for an occupation. Drew has a dozen kids, and Dmitri is looking at a potential sister wife that would bring his total up to eight. The finances intrigue me far more than the social aspect.

Drew Briney is an attorney. He actually was acting as Brady Williams (My Five Wives) attorney on that show, they identified him when Brady made a phone call to him to ask about the state of the polygamy lawsuit the Browns filed. How's that for tying all the shows up nicely together? LOL

Drew Briney is an attorney. He actually was acting as Brady Williams (My Five Wives) attorney on that show, they identified him when Brady made a phone call to him to ask about the state of the polygamy lawsuit the Browns filed. How's that for tying all the shows up nicely together? LOL
Tied up in a nice little bow! Thanks for the info!

Just like a Shonda Rhimes crossover episode!

I've been catching up on seeking sister wives.
Demtri- he's in it for the sex! I don't see what his wife gets out of it. I watched the episode of the new lady they are seeking. She's pretty on skpe but I don't think Demtri thought she was going to be a bigger woman and she looks older in person. Its wasn't magical like the younger than girl-lol! I went on FB and searched seeking sister wives and came across a post about Demtri and his wive. Someon posted in a comment a post of the ex sister wive they were in a relationship with Demtri and Ashley. She says its sad to see that things are still the same with Demtri. He was cheating on them and she has text between him and other women he was sleeping with. And it was only a year ago that she was thrown out of the house after Ashley decided she didn't want her their anymore. She says she refused to be her Lover and she took that as not wanting her , only Demetri.
Theres to much to type but if you do a search on the FB search bar type in
seeking sister wives
Then look for the post by
Sharon Hall
Then click on comments and you will see one by
Nora Knows
and she has a picture of the post from the ex sister wive. I don't know how to post it here. if you find it post it here or tell me what your think of the exs post

BTW- Demtri isn't intot he 2nd woman but what would be the benefit to bring her in the relationship with 5 kids.

Another thing with all these relationships do they get screened for STD's obviously Demetri and Ashley don't since he slept with Jocelyn the first night.

That Melani had a lot of nerve to meet with them just to leave again.

April she just uses emotions to get everyone to say please come please we need you. They should okay stay here we'll see you later. All she does is cause problems with everyone around ever corner. I think Drew is finally seeing it's April and not the other girls.

Just watched the last episode. O. M. G. Funny how Dimitri had no issue sleeping with Joslyn on the first date...but when he meets the "bigger" girl he decides they really need to take things slow. He's a pig!

April....wow...what a selfish hot mess she is. Drew is obviously starting to see it too.

The last family is the only one who really seems to be in a healthy relationship. You can tell the wives truly care for each other and I felt bad when Melina left them again.

Is this the series finale or will there be a second season?

Not saying that April isn't manipulative, but I wouldn't want to move states away from my friends and family to live with two women who have been constantly ganging up on me either. Her commitment to Drew should supersede that of course, but I get the hesitation. Auralee completely soured Angela against April and now it's two against one. Three actually if you count Drew. Most situations can be viewed from more than one perspective. If you assume the worst about a person you'll attribute the most negative motives, if you aren't predisposed to think negatively, you might see the situation completely differently.

As for Dmitri....he needs to update his online profile to show that if you have anyone who isn't as hot as he thinks he is need not apply.

Not saying that April isn't manipulative, but I wouldn't want to move states away from my friends and family to live with two women who have been constantly ganging up on me either. Her commitment to Drew should supersede that of course, but I get the hesitation. Auralee completely soured Angela against April and now it's two against one. Three actually if you count Drew. Most situations can be viewed from more than one perspective. If you assume the worst about a person you'll attribute the most negative motives, if you aren't predisposed to think negatively, you might see the situation completely differently.

As for Dmitri....he needs to update his online profile to show that if you have anyone who isn't as hot as he thinks he is need not apply.

Auralee is the pot stirrer not April, she smiles so big when she gets her way and the husband feeds on his wives not getting along. angela is weird about how she cares for her child and she would prefer 3 houses.

I read that the Alldredges (the ones who were considering Melina) are the second and third wife, and that the first wife didn't want to be on camera/tv. They also recently moved to South Dakota, I believe. He's only spiritually married to the two on the show, not legally married to either, supposedly. And he has a number of kids from wife #1. I get that someone might not want to be on camera, but I find it disturbing that they present themselves as though this other portion of family doesn't even exist.

I read that the Alldredges (the ones who were considering Melina) are the second and third wife, and that the first wife didn't want to be on camera/tv. They also recently moved to South Dakota, I believe. He's only spiritually married to the two on the show, not legally married to either, supposedly. And he has a number of kids from wife #1. I get that someone might not want to be on camera, but I find it disturbing that they present themselves as though this other portion of family doesn't even exist.

I just read that the marriage is dissolving and they have been separated for several years. His older children did not want to be a part of the show so they don't mention them. Interesting.

I guess I find it odd to not mention your other kids. Fine if they don't want to be on, but why pretend they don't exist? Why not talk about the fact that wife 1 doesn't want to participate, or they're getting a divorce? It's just weird to me.

I just listened to a long interview with Angela. She and her first husband are divorced. She was asked to leave the plural family she joined after her divorce...she as the second wife, and after a year they decided it wasn’t a good fit. She married Drew 14 days after meeting him through April, when he gave her some sort of blessing that she would finally get pregnant. She said they tape for a week and then show 15 minutes and a lot is lost in the telling. The interview was over an hour.

Maybe some can confirm this or not but out of curiosity I looked into how polygamy works financially. For me if you financially support all these kids, then that's your business, but from what I've read they marry one woman, and the others are considered single mothers? Kind of a scam in some ways if that is the case. Maybe not all do that. And then the others get help from the government? I do wonder how in the world they can possibly support all those children.

Maybe some can confirm this or not but out of curiosity I looked into how polygamy works financially. For me if you financially support all these kids, then that's your business, but from what I've read they marry one woman, and the others are considered single mothers? Kind of a scam in some ways if that is the case. Maybe not all do that. And then the others get help from the government? I do wonder how in the world they can possibly support all those children.

As I understand it, the father can claim all of his kids and provide them medical benefits from his job. It's no different than a man with kids from previous wives or girlfriends that he's financially responsible for. That's why on Sister Wives, Kody and Meri got divorced. Kody was then able to adopt Robyn's kids from her first marriage and provide them with his medical benefits.

Otherwise, only the legal wife can apply with the husband for loans, file joint taxes, etc. When the Sister Wives family purchased the four homes in Las Vegas, they said that Meri (who was the legal wife at the time) was able to file jointly with Kody for her mortgage and have his income considered as well as hers. The other three wives had to file as single women. It seems that the Brown family keeps their finances somewhat inter-mingled. Kody has a job, as does Janelle. Christine got her real estate license several years back, although it's not clear whether she's actively working in the field. The family has a business that sells jewelry and clothing. Robyn seemed to be most involved in that. Otherwise, they get income from the doing the show (which I read has dropped considerably recently as ratings have declined). Meri had to approach the family for approval to buy the bed and breakfast she wanted.

I've read books about LDS communities that are much more strict and seem almost cult-like. The man might have six or seven wives and over 30 kids. In those communities, many of the wives do file for government assistance. Some of the wives have jobs while the others take care of all the kids. The ones who work must hand their paychecks over to the husband. He gives out the money to the family members as he sees fit. He also controls the money of those who get government assistance.

On Seeking Sister Wives, they never really discussed their finances. The Briny dad is an attorney. He probably makes good money and provides benefits to his kids. No idea what Dmitri does for a living (besides womanizing!).

As I understand it, the father can claim all of his kids and provide them medical benefits from his job. It's no different than a man with kids from previous wives or girlfriends that he's financially responsible for. That's why on Sister Wives, Kody and Meri got divorced. Kody was then able to adopt Robyn's kids from her first marriage and provide them with his medical benefits.

Otherwise, only the legal wife can apply with the husband for loans, file joint taxes, etc. When the Sister Wives family purchased the four homes in Las Vegas, they said that Meri (who was the legal wife at the time) was able to file jointly with Kody for her mortgage and have his income considered as well as hers. The other three wives had to file as single women. It seems that the Brown family keeps their finances somewhat inter-mingled. Kody has a job, as does Janelle. Christine got her real estate license several years back, although it's not clear whether she's actively working in the field. The family has a business that sells jewelry and clothing. Robyn seemed to be most involved in that. Otherwise, they get income from the doing the show (which I read has dropped considerably recently as ratings have declined). Meri had to approach the family for approval to buy the bed and breakfast she wanted.

I've read books about LDS communities that are much more strict and seem almost cult-like. The man might have six or seven wives and over 30 kids. In those communities, many of the wives do file for government assistance. Some of the wives have jobs while the others take care of all the kids. The ones who work must hand their paychecks over to the husband. He gives out the money to the family members as he sees fit. He also controls the money of those who get government assistance.

On Seeking Sister Wives, they never really discussed their finances. The Briny dad is an attorney. He probably makes good money and provides benefits to his kids. No idea what Dmitri does for a living (besides womanizing!).
Do we know that Kody and Janelle still have outside jobs? On a lot of these shows the adults start with jobs but those fade away after a while. I don't think I've seen anyone mention going to work in some time.

And on Seeking Sister Wives, there was a post script that said Drew Briney gave up his legal practice when they moved and is writing a book.

I think these reality really don't give us any clue into the day to day financial concerns of a polygamous family without income from a TV show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter