Seeking help from airline/airfare know-it-alls

SpaceAce

Mouseketeer
I finally have the dates set for my 1-day Disney world trip. (I'm staying only 1 day because it's a surprise trip whose main purpose is a SURPRISE marriage proposal.) I want to fly in on June 23 and fly out June 25.

I live near Canton, OH, and could fly out of Cleveland, Canton, Pittsburgh (PA), Columbus, or even Dayton, Ohio. Can anybody give me some good advice on getting this trip cheaply for airfare???

Please help!:confused:

Go to the airline that is cheapest in your area Web Site. I think that I got a great price and got my tickets and seats and no hassles. Congratulations, I hope you will be very happy and be heading back to the GF soon.

try www.travelocity.com

I put in Canton, oh and mco and got a rate of $217 RT,
Cleveland and got $303
Pittsburgh and got $184.25
Columbus and got $211.50
Dayton and got $196

Hope this helps!!! Have a wonderful trip!!!

P.S. I hope she says YES!!!

You might want to try Hotwire to see what rates they're offering. It's not that it's always cheaper than Travelocity, but it might give you some idea.

What about priceline?

you just missed the 168.50 fare for jun travel. try expedia as well they have a contract with usair that gives them some good prices. sometimes better than usiars own web sight. there should be another sale coming out and have you signed up for e-savers on usair or united as well? they sometimes have some good prices for that weekend to fly places and they have had mco in some of them too.

Here are a couple of options I found:

Dayton - Orlando
$186 RT (total cost) booked online at www.airtran.com
Columbus - Orlando
$211.50 RT (total cost - NONSTOP) booked online at www.iflyswa.com

If you would consider flying into Tampa, you could get a nonstop flight from Pittsburgh on US Airways for
$158.50 (total cost) www.usairways.com

I always fly into Tampa rather than Orlando, its a less hectic airport in my opinion and not far from Orlando

Southwest Airlines has a current fare of $200 roundtrip, Columbus to Orlando, nonstop. Hope that helps.

Pittsburgh is always cheaper than Cleveland but USair has somewhat of a monopoly there and I can never find really cheap flights although I guess $196 isn't too bad. Check out that post that someone had about airfares...There's a special that buy one and the companion round trip comes out to be $60.

I think its Delta that has a take a friend rate right now. The second person pays $30 for each leg of the trip. Hit all the websites listed above.. expedia, travelocity, hotwire, and the airline websites. You might be surprised at the different fares you get. I was searching yesterday and got $167 on expedia, 157 on USAir, and $220 on hotwire.

Good luck!!!

~sheila

I've found that trip.com will show you all airlines that fit the bill...so you can try it for each city in your area.

Also, try various times of the day. I've saved hundreds of dollars by flying 2 hrs. earlier/later than I originally intended.

United's web site ual.com also will let you compare several airlines.

Good luck!

tednvon, I don't know how Airtran could be the cheapest from Iowa because Airtran does not serve any airport in Iowa. :confused:

But Airtran does serve Akron/Canton, Pittsburgh and Dayton and they currently have an Internet-only sale at their website http://www.airtran.com

I think your best deal if you are willing to fly into Tampa is with Southwest Airlines. You can fly non-stop from Columbus and using the Take Along sale fare, two tickets will $379 total.

I would definitely not recommend Hotwire or Priceline for this trip since it is so short. You can't choose your flight times.

The tip about Hotwire worked for me. I'm flying out of Richmond, VA. I have not been able to find any good air prices. Hotwire just saved me $140 round trip for 2.

Sherry...Airtran goes out of "Quad Cities" which is Davenport, Iowa area....it is far eastern par of Iowa, so is only practical for about the eastern third of Iowa, but sure beats 4 hour drive to chicago for a cheap fare....Ted

tednvon, are you referring to Moline(Ill)/Quad Cities?

Is it possible you are confusing Airtran with another airline (maybe American Trans Air "ATA"???). Here is Airtran's route map http://www.airtran.com/destinations/routemap/index.jsp

Ah, I just checked the distance between Moline and Davenport and see it's only about 5 miles, so sorry for the confusion. I didn't realize that.

Go to Southwest Airlines at:

http://www.southwest.com/email/

Hope you get this today!!!

Sign up for the email. They come out on Tues and you have until Thursday to Book and pay. The travel dates have to be at least 7 days out from booking.

When you ge the email(this Tue) go down to Orlando under the Clip N Save. The often have flights for 60-70 each way from OH. There airport "fees" are low and the seats and leg space is roomier than many.

I live in Chicago and hate that they only run out of Midway(the worst airport I've had to deal with). Otherwise I wouldn't fly anyother airline.

Hope this helps.

Sharon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter