See & Sea Island tour in St. Maarten vs. Atlantis Submarine in St. Thomas

emmak

Mouseketeer
Does anyone have an opinion on either of these excursions? I wanted to do an excursion with my 4 and 2 year old kids. The Atlantis Sub is for ages 4+ and the See & Sea is for all ages. IF the Atlantis is much better I will take my son (4) and my husband will take my daughter (2) to the beach. Thanks for any info!:cool:

Bumping up this post. We're interested in finding out as well.

:earsboy: :earsgirl: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Hi,
I can not tell you about the Atlantis sub, but I have done the S&SIT. The basic tour is from the bus with a lot of scenery that passes you by. There are two stops before the Seaworld Semi-sub tour. The driver makes the choice of Cole Bay or Orient Bay, this is a ten minute stop for photos and then on to the open air market at Marigot. With good weather, this is fun and colorful. We did drive by the most beautiful of photo opportunites which was at Orient Bay. I was disappointed in that fact. Our driver was not interested in his guests....he spent most of his time on his cell phone. I would have to say that the semi-sub is probably a better choice of the two for the little ones only for the fact that if they become frightened down below, you may return via the steps to the top deck. If I recall, the total sub tour was thirty to forty minutes. I really believe the tour is only as good as the tour guide. I sure hope you get a good one. I would recommend the Butterfly Farm tour....very interesting and more on their level. The island tour was much better for us on this excursion. We made a stop at Orient Bay.....breath taking. Good luck with your choice.

Hi

We did the Atlantis sub trip in St. Thomas -a bit pricey. But it was well worth it in our opinion.

As I remember there were a few children on our tour and they seemed to really be having a blast.

As two adults who are children at heart we enjoyed the trip. You are in the sub - seated by large windows and have an excellent view of all the sea life.

The guide would point out particular fish and coral and rock formations and tell you about them.

Children seemed to enjoy just looking at all the cool fish!

Hope you have a wonderful time.

Thanks for your opinions. I went ahead and booked the Atlantis Submarine for my 4 year old son and myself (hubby will watch 2 yo daughter). My son will enjoy seeing all of the sea life and it seems like you will get a better view than with the semi-sub on the See & Sea tour.
Can't wait until they are a little older and can enjoy more excursions....especially the Dolphin Encounter! :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter