Security?

mkymouse4ever

DIS Veteran
How long are the security checks taking at the airport? How much extra time do you think you should be there? Have they been opening all luggage? or just carryon? We are flying ATA from midway to mco. Thanks, MKY:)

I just got home tonight - there was no line at security. My carry-on bag was pulled for a complete check (it had my laptop in it) and my shoes got ran through the x-ray. It took all of 5 minutes (I was cooperative and the guard was actually apologizing for the delay). Arrived at the airport about 4:45, curbside checked luggage, returned rental car, was at the gate by 5:15 for a 7:10 flight.

At Delta.com, there is a place to check the security, checkin, and ticket counter waits for each airport. They tell you what they consider peak days, peak times, and an estimated waiting time for each area. I don't know how accurate it is, but I'm using that as a frame of reference for when we fly. :):D:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

That's a good idea curbside check-in then return rental car, I hate pulling my luggage (feels like a heart attack after 5 minutes) through the terminal! Maybe ATA has it too? Thanks, MKY

We've left out of Midway to Orlando twice over the past couple of months, and both times the security line in Chicago was minimal. The first time we breezed through, but the second time took a little longer because I didn't put my pins thru the x-ray separately. I had them in another bag, and that earned me a very thorough search, including shoes. But other than that, things have been very smooth. Also, ATA's E-ticket check-in os GREAT. The regular line was long, but there was no one at the E-ticket kiosks.
We generally fly home from Orlando on Sunday mornings, and the later it gets the worse it gets because of all the cruise line passengers. Early is about a 15 to 20 min. wait, but when we arrived late in the morning once, the wait was 90 minutes.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter