Security check on cars picking up passengers

cassie

<font color=green>I did run free in the 70's<br><f
I just went to the airport (BDL) in Connecticut to pick up a relative.I don't know how long they have been doing this, but I was surprised. All vehicles heading for short term are stopped & the drivers are to get out while they check the spare tires in the trunk.. I was so surprised I pulled the wrong lever and the gas cover popped opened.

Any other airports do this?

Our tiny little airport here has been searching cars since 9/11. I don't know if they specifically look at the spare tires, but you have to pop the trunk.

It is a federal mandate that any car within 300 ft. of the terminal be searched before parking. The exceptions are those cars which are permitted to be within that area (ie. employees). So any airport that has a parking lot within 300 ft. of the terminal and has that lot open (the airport has the choice of closing the lot) will be searching cars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter