• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

security at WDW?

tripletvan

DIS Veteran
I hear that the security in the parks has gotten very tight can anyone confirm? Also does anyone know about Universal & their security?

I guess you could consider it very tight since security before was not apparent to most people. The security people wore plain clothes and blended in. Now you do have to open up your bags and let them see, but they don't touch anything. There are also uniformed security guards in the parks, but most of the time they tell people where the bathrooms are. We stopped and watched a very comical group practicing the way they wore their hats and walked around in front of the castle one night.

We just got back from WDW. Yes, there were security guards....they were in uniforms. At MK they were stationed at long tables before the entrance and looked through everything, asking you to open this or that. They were always very pleasant. At Epcot, there were guards as well, but at night they only had a flashlight and I'm sure couldn't see things in the bags very well. Still, I felt very secure during the entire time I was at Disney. The crowds were down, so the process never took very long. I bet the summer will be a different story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter