Secret porthole experts.... ???

keith & co.

Mouseketeer
OK...... This is our third cruise, we have had a cats 3,4 & 6 on previous cruises. We have always had MORE than enough room to spread out in.......
BUT....... This trip there will me, DH, DD10 & DD4 in a cat 10 secret porthole room (got the whole trip for the points we had left and will be using cash for braiding and fruity drinks!!)
SO... What have I gotten myself into this time? Can anyone out there compare a 6 vs a 10 for me??? Any tricks that I may have ignored before that I need to pay attention to now? How many doors can I get a shoe bag to hang on??? Any good hearted folks out there who would like to store my luggage??? HA HA HA
Help me out guys....... I'm getting nervous about the whole "NO balcony" aspect of this trip:confused:
Barbara

The interior room size of a 6 and a Cat 10 are the same. As a matter of fact the room set up the Cat 10's on Deck 5 are the same as the Cat 6 with the couch next to the porthold. When Disney quotes the square footage of the Cat 6s they are including the square feet in the veranda area.

Have a blast.

Thanks!!!
Feeling much better...... In the cruise book the rooms looked the same, but I was afraid there would be some hidden price to pay (loss of sq ft. or odd room arrangement.... :eek:
I guess the secret porthole rooms ARE a pretty good deal!!
Barbara

Depending on which SPR you have, the only thing to possibly beware of is if you are in one of the connectors (5522/24 or 5022/24). We tried one once and were next door to the "kick-boxing family." For entertainment, the kids enjoyed slamming each other into the adjoining door! The door didn't do much to dampen sound (like talking) either. That might not be as noticable if you have kids yourself, but when it's only hubby and I, we tend to be on the quiet side so the noise is more apparent.
Whenever we sail, we are almost always either in a 10 (5520 or 5020) or a 6 (5650). Of course, the verandah is excellent, but other than that, the interior room is the same. Deck 5 is my favorite, and I prefer being really far aft because it's so quiet back there. The SPRs are at the head of the hallway, so you'll get more hallway traffic passing by, but it's well worth it for the "free" view.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Barb,
Thanks, and yes we do have 5520. Infact I think thanks to your postings my DH knew not to get one of the joiners! When DH told me we could get a "free" cruise for left over points I was a bit concerned about the location..... But the more I research this the better I like it! With 2 kids in the clubs I think we will really like being so close...... You may have a rival for one of your fav rooms now :p HAHA
Thanks for all the info....
Barbara

That's why we already have bookings running through the end of 2004!! :teeth: :teeth:
Even though we don't have kids, we love deck 5 because the stateroom areas are well separated from the clubs. There is no noise from them whatsoever. And if you do have little ones, the convenience must be great.
Another pleasure of deck 5, which I notice more in 5650 than the SPRs, is seeing "kid transport." The kids are moved en masse to different activities, so sometimes we will see that on the aft staircase (and once in a while forward). It is absolutely hysterical! The counselors have all sorts of methods and "games" to keep them together, in formation, and with their hand on the railing or wall. I just love to listen in and to watch the proceedings. Kid transit entertainment is another benefit of my favorite deck. :D
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

The tall spacious "trunk" for clothing storing is missing from 5520.
Does anyone know why? Inkkognito, do you know?Are the trunks missing in the other SPRs as well? We have 5520 booked for a December cruise.

OK, Barb........
Been in "our" room since last fall???
Is there anything you would like to tell all of us??????
Maybe getting tired of the souviners in the shops????
:jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester: :jester:
Barbara

Originally posted by SINK

We were in 5520 on the 3/29/03 Western and noticed it was missing. Did not check with the stateroom host or guest services.

Is the trunk missing from stateroom 5520 on the Magic or the Wonder (or both)?

Thanks...I'm booked on the Wonder!

Originally posted by SINK

You mean that the TSTs in the SPRs are MIA?

OMG!!!!!!

ROFL!!!
laughing-smiley-014.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter