Seating for Fantasmic

Julylady

DIS Veteran
We are adding on 3 days at Disneyland following a stay at Aulani. Is there any way to secure seats to watch Fantasmic? Years ago we did a Dessert package and sat in folding chairs. Is that still offered? My Mom would love to go, but can neither stand for the show or sit on the ground. THANKS.

Negative. The Dessert Seating was one of the best ways to see F! IMO. That is long gone and at best you can do now is a dining package but that is just a FP to a specific cattle call area.

We are adding on 3 days at Disneyland following a stay at Aulani. Is there any way to secure seats to watch Fantasmic? Years ago we did a Dessert package and sat in folding chairs. Is that still offered? My Mom would love to go, but can neither stand for the show or sit on the ground. THANKS.
Nope, that's gone I believe. The only option where you don't have to stand or sit on the ground is the River Belle Terrace upgrade option. View's not great but it sounds like your only choice?

One of the dining package options will get you chairs and a table (with dinner) during the show at River Belle Terrace:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/fantasmic-dinner-packages/

But there are mixed reviews on the view. If you get a table right at the rail, the view seems to be the best but still not great. But there seems to be no way to guarantee you get one of those tables. I am in the same boat with our trip in September. My MIL can neither stand for the entire show nor can she handle sitting on the ground.

The Blue Bayou dining package gets you a nice cushion to use for the show, but you're still sitting on the ground. Much more comfortable than the ground at least.

You might rent a wheelchair for the day and then she would be able to utilize the wheelchair area for the show, since her inability to stand or sit on the ground qualifies as a true medical need it shouldn't be a problem.

You might rent a wheelchair for the day and then she would be able to utilize the wheelchair area for the show, since her inability to stand or sit on the ground qualifies as a true medical need it shouldn't be a problem.
A wheelchair or ECV can also be taken into the dining package viewing areas, and parked in the back of the section.
Other dining package guest will be sitting on the ground, so this will be a very nice view.

Do one of the dining packages-- Blue Bayou, RBT or Hungry Bear on-the-go. You have a meal at the restaurant, and they give you a show fastpass for later. You show up at the seating area an hour or so before the show if you want right by the railing-- but you don't have to; you can usually show up even 15 minutes before and get a good view, because everybody is seated on the ground except for wheelchairs. Hungry Bear counter service is the least expensive, and we found the view in that FP section to be just fine, not quite as centered as BB next to us, but still fine and our section was much less crowded than BB. Bring your own sweatshirts or something to sit on-- I sat on my flip flops that I wore for wet rides, with a sweatshirt folded on top-- and as the previous posters mentioned, see if you can rent a wheelchair for your mom. They will seat her up against the back wall and the view will be great. Plus you can stay in your places and watch the fireworks right afterward from your spot.

OP here. THANKS all! I talked to Mom last night and encouraged her to think about renting a mobility scooter for the 3 days we are at Disneyland. She is open to this idea! I think we will purchase the Hungry Bear counter service meal as we are also traveling with two teen girls who are not big on fancy meals.

OP here. THANKS all! I talked to Mom last night and encouraged her to think about renting a mobility scooter for the 3 days we are at Disneyland. She is open to this idea! I think we will purchase the Hungry Bear counter service meal as we are also traveling with two teen girls who are not big on fancy meals.
Does your mom have experience driving an ECV? If not or if she's a bit rusty, try practicing with the motorized carts at Walmart or Target a few times. That will really help when trying to navigate crowded pathways at DLR. The parks are really not the ideal place to try an ECV for the first time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter