• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Seated together vs. seated at separate tables

AllesonWonderland

DIS Veteran
We have Chef Mickey's booked for our upcoming trip. We need to add a person to our reservation. Currently, there are 8 in the party, I'm looking at new reservations for 9. I can move an hour earlier and be all at the same table, or 5 minutes later than our reservation and the online system says "you may be seated at separate tables" Which would you choose? Or is being split a possibility even when it shows us all sitting at 1 table?

It seems to me that the Chef Mickey's table arrangements are pretty flexible, so you may be fine with the 5 minutes later ressie. The flexibility, in my experience, is that the table setups are really easily changed/tables slid together, so that even if they need to split your party, you'll probably be fairly close together. The worst case would be is that they split you and have you sit in the different sections of CM.

Plus CM is so action-packed with the buffet and the characters coming through...you probably all won't be sitting down at the same time anyway! :goodvibes

I have seen the split party warning for other places like Narcoossee's, where the restaurant is smaller and the seating arrangements are less (or not) flexible.

I am having a situation of my own booking res for 9 18% gratuity even if you are not seated at the same table when booking 9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter