Seasonal Picture Fun *anybody can join!

LucyDingo!!

OMG that pic of your dog!!! Talk about an awesome Christmas card!!! that is so cute it made me laugh right out loud!!

Thanks so much for contributing to this thread :goodvibes

I started a collection of old blow mold figures and have them set up above my cabinets.
2226919470102182720S500x500Q85.jpg

Marie!

I love how you have everything in little collections. Very cute! I notice I gravitate towards the red and santa-ish decor but I love some of the frosty blue stuff, too. I dont' have a cabin so I can't figure out how to intigrate the "woodsy country" stuff but you've done a great job by sepearting and keeping eveyrything in a motif. I have no idea if I'm saying any of that right. Bottom line: Good job! :thumbsup2

I love, love, love that Santa and reindeer thingy up there! My grandma totally had that exact one and we had it on top of our TV for my entire childhood :goodvibes

Maybe you could look underneath it and give me some info about the name/manufacturer? I would so love to get one. *SIGH* My mouth just dropped wide open when I saw it. I love those oldies but goodies!!!

You two have inspired me to get some pics posted of inside decor. My batteries keep dying in my camera!

Thanks so much for posting. It's really fun to see everybody's goodies.

I haven't been posting, but I've been reading along and I love all the pics!! So fun and festive! :goodvibes

I thought I'd share a few from here in Vegas. (most of these have been posted on my TR or the Ladies Trip thread, so they might seem familiar to some of you)

These are from the conservatory in the Bellagio. The first set are how it looked back in Fall before Halloween and Thanksgiving. (should've posted those sooner, sorry!) It was really neat to see.

This was so cool. They had two trees in the water, but they were actually fountains and while it's hard to tell, there is water falling down from the branches.

DSCF6298.jpg

DSCF6280.jpg

They had water arches shooting across that you walk underneath. Very cool.

DSCF6283.jpg

DSCF6285.jpg

The mill was really working, they had a little creek with water.
DSCF6294.jpg

DSCF6297.jpg

DSCF6300.jpg

DSCF6303.jpg

DSCF6307.jpg

DSCF6308.jpg

DSCF6320.jpg

DSCF6321.jpg

This thing creeped me out! LOL
DSCF6323.jpg

I had my DH take a pic of this. This is in the lobby where you check in. That's what those desks are. So as you are checking in, this is the view you have of BEHIND the person registering you. So in other words, their backs are to this and you are facing it. How pretty is that??? Much better then some wall with lame pictures on it.

DSCF6326.jpg

To be continued..................

And these are pics from the other day of the same conservatory being redone for Christmas. It amazes me how they are able to make it look so different from one season to the next. You can see in some of the pics they were still working on adding some flowers.

DSCF6446.jpg

DSCF6445.jpg

DSCF6442.jpg

DSCF6441.jpg

DSCF6440.jpg

DSCF6435.jpg

DSCF6434.jpg

DSCF6429.jpg

DSCF6426.jpg

DSCF6424.jpg

DSCF6421.jpg

DSCF6419.jpg

DSCF6418.jpg

DSCF6417.jpg

DSCF6416.jpg

DSCF6411.jpg

DSCF6410.jpg

DSCF6409.jpg

DSCF6408.jpg

DSCF6407.jpg

Also I thought I'd post some seasonal weather pics. This is the view from my bedroom that I usually see. Typical Vegas, hot, sunny, with blue skies.
DSCF5526.jpg

DSCF5524.jpg

This was the scene here yesterday! Snow, and a pretty good amount too.
I took these around 12:30 or so. It continued to snow for another 2-3 hours, so we ended up with more than what you see here.

DSCF6460.jpg

DSCF6466.jpg

DSCF6462.jpg

DSCF6463.jpg

DSCF6467.jpg

DSCF6468.jpg

DSCF6465.jpg

It was definitely a treat and all the kids, mine included, were all loving it!! :santa:

LucyDingo, love your tree and the dog is tooo cute!

Thanks for the compliment travelmel. I am glad the santa and sleigh took you back to your childhood. Funny how sights, sounds and even smells can do that!
The name on the bottom is Empire Plastic Corp. I found mine on ebay. They always have a pretty good selection!

Wow mommaU4! Those decorations are pretty impressive! Of course, since it's Vegas, I guess I should expect no less than extraordinary. That tree guy is kinda creepy! I have to say I REALLY like the Christmas theme best.

I thought I'd also share our tree pics. :santa: These are from last year, but everything is almost identical this year.

This is the kid's tree in the family room. It's our little "Charlie Brown" tree because it's so small and scrawny looking. The kids decorate it entirely themselves with their ornaments. Some are homemade, some from Hallmark, from Disney, from various vacations, and from the Dollar Store. :rotfl:
The only difference this year is it has my Tinkerbell tree topper on it and a few more Hallmark ornaments I bought on sale after last Christmas.

DSCF3663.jpg

Blurry close up of some of the ornaments:

DSCF3664.jpg

Then this is the other tree that I have in the living room. It's got ornaments of various shapes and sizes, all in different shades of gold and bronze. It has gold ribbon, and white and gold poinsettias.
You can't tell in the pics, but some of the ornaments are plain and some have different jewels on them. Definitely off limits to the kids since they are easily breakable.

DSCF3655.jpg

DSCF3652.jpg

In this one you can sort of make out my Tink tree topper, which is now on the kids tree and instead I have a gold angel. And also last year I had no tree skirt! So after Christmas I bought a large satin gold one that is currently under there.

DSCF3649.jpg

These are from a visit to Ethel M's Chocolate Factory. If anyone is ever in Vegas over the holidays, this is worth going out to see.

It's 2 or 3 acres and everything is covered in lights, they give free chocolate samples, and on select nights Santa is there. Best of all, it's FREE!

DSCF3590.jpg

DSCF3574.jpg

Wow mommaU4! Those decorations are pretty impressive! Of course, since it's Vegas, I guess I should expect no less than extraordinary. That tree guy is kinda creepy! I have to say I REALLY like the Christmas theme best.

Yes, the Christmas theme is really pretty. They also have Christmas songs playing and every few minutes it "snows". :)

The Bellagio is one of the few hotels that really does it up big though for the holidays. The rest have a little something, but not like you would imagine.
My theory is they don't want to remind you it's Christmas because then you'd feel guilty about blowing your money at the gaming tables when you should be out buying your kids presents! LOL

My theory is they don't want to remind you it's Christmas because then you'd feel guilty about blowing your money at the gaming tables when you should be out buying your kids presents! LOL

:lmao:

You are so right! Thanks for posting your pics! That's a good idea to have two tree's... :scratchin:

One tree is WAY enough work at our house! lol A couple years ago I sent my new nephew (age 2 or 3) his own little dollar store tree with some ornaments for just him to play with. His mom said he decorated it over, and over, and over, and over again. Twas a big $2 hit!

SO pretty! I love a fully decked tree! I love your mantle decor, too.

I was thinking about the community board.. maybe I should transfer this thread?? Maybe just do it as a Christamas seasonal? :confused3

Thanks, Melissa! In my opinion, you should forget about the flat screen. Like Ricky Ricardo says, "That's too 'spensive!" :rotfl2: Just kidding. Go for it if you want. You'll find someplace to put everything........even if you have to store it at your neighbor's house! ;) :rotfl:

tiggerfan1, you got another Lucy fan here!

Woohoo! Another Lucy fan!! :woohoo: :cool1: We should start a fan club!

I love your Christmas decorations, Mariezp!! Those Disney character decorations are so cute! Where did you get those?

LucyDingo's quote:
Hi everyone. Thought I'd join in and share some of our Christmas photos....

Your Christmas decorations are so nice, LucyDingo! Your dog is too cute all decked out in those reindeer ears and lights! :rotfl: He's looking at the camera like, "You're kidding me, right?" :lmao:

I haven't been posting, but I've been reading along and I love all the pics!! So fun and festive! :goodvibes

Awesome pics, MommaU4!! Those Christmas decorations from the Bellagio are gorgeous!! I love your tree pictures too, especially the one in your living room. :)

Snowing on the Conterporary! That's so funny :rotfl:

wow, lots of snow! We got some, too, I will post.

Thanks for posting a picture of you guys (I assume that's you and your DH?). It's great to put a face to the pics. :goodvibes

Thanks...We had fun in the snow.
Yea...snow on the Contemporary...that is funny.
Actually this is DW with Santa (brother-in-law) who just loves this time of the year.

Thanks...We had fun in the snow.
Yea...snow on the Contemporary...that is funny.
Actually this is DW with Santa (brother-in-law) who just loves this time of the year.

So you are the DH of this woman? Wow, I'm out of it, sorry!

Here are some photos taken yesterday....

Taken while standing in the front door....
frontyard.jpg

Taken looking out the back door...
backyard.jpg

The Husband shoveling the snow...
husband.jpg

The dog loved the snow...
lucy1.jpg

lucy2.jpg

lucy3.jpg

lucy4.jpg

lucy5.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter