Seasonal Pass vs Preferred Pass

Stargazer9

Loves Universal and Disney
For a 6 night stay onsite (RPR) in June 18, party of 3 adults, do you feel that the dining and merchandise discounts would justify buying a Preferred Pass? If not I'm going to buy the Seasonal Pass, which is about $100 cheaper.

The Seasonal blackout dates don't affect our stay, we don't need anything else from the Preferred Pass perks, so the decision is just on the dining/merch discounts.

For those who take advantage of these discounts, do you save a lot?

Thanks!!

I've had the preferred for years, and I think I saved a modest amount. What keeps me at that level is I go when there is blackouts for the lower tiered pass, and I like to go when there's a concert, and sometimes I park free in the garages when not staying onsite.

If you know you are only going to be there during non blackout times, then I'd stay with seasonal.

Basically, I always renew my preferred ap as it is a huge savings just for ticket prices

Any food and merch discounts are then gravy for me

Depends on the number of days you need admissions park tickets if the ap is worth it for you

preferred ap had some block outs for the early entry in october.
since i stayed onsite, did not have an issue if i wanted to use the ee

think there was a thread that was about ee block outs for ap entrance for July this year

I know the EE blockouts do not pertain to the question the op asked, but just wanted to point out there are restrictions of some type on all ap's except premier ones

We have a family of five and buy seasonal for four and then a preferred for one. That way we get the discounts and parking, but don't have to pay for all of us at that rate. It has typically been me since my husband often has to work and does not join us at the parks every day. I think it is worth it for all the dining and merchandise savings. I buy quite a few souvenirs. And the food is so expensive. We go inside the Three Broomsticks so we can get the discount on butter beer also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter