Seasonal AP cheaper than park ticket?

I don't know positively but I will speculate wildly:
They'd be happy to take your money on any given day, blackout or not.

I brought 2 day park to park tickets with one free day. We will be there Feb 15-17. So I just saw 15 and 16 are Mardi Gras concert days. Will I be able to upgrade to seasonal pass on the 17? TIA

Yes you will.

I don't know positively but I will speculate wildly:
They'd be happy to take your money on any given day, blackout or not.
Yes you will.
Thank You for your responses. I just did not want to upgrade on a mardi gras day and then be blocked out, and I wasn't sure if I could upgrade on the last day.
So sounds good. Butterbeer here we come.

It's been a few years since the Summer Concert Series. They'll use the plaza for the 4th of July celebration, but other than that, there is no concerts in the summer.

Thank you, that's good to know! We always travel in June and I know that there have been concerts before. My husband was thrilled one year when he got to see ZZ Top for free at the park. But if they are no longer holding them in June/Summer Concert Series then I should be safe from blackout days...

I don't believe there are usually free concerts in June. There are the Mardi Gras concerts and the Mannheim Steamroller concerts but I don't believe there are June concerts.

Are there ever any concerts in May? Specifically, over Memorial Day weekend, May 24-26. I'm thinking of getting the Seasonal pass also to hopefully get a discount on our stay at Royal Pacific.

Are there ever any concerts in May? Specifically, over Memorial Day weekend, May 24-26. I'm thinking of getting the Seasonal pass also to hopefully get a discount on our stay at Royal Pacific.
I haven't heard of any in previous years. I seriously doubt it, especially Monday and Tuesday. You can book an AP rate at the resort (when they are released) without actually having the AP yet. You could buy a 3 a day ticket and upgrade to seasonal AP once you get there. As the title of this thread says, they are roughly the same price.

I haven't heard of any in previous years. I seriously doubt it, especially Monday and Tuesday. You can book an AP rate at the resort (when they are released) without actually having the AP yet. You could buy a 3 a day ticket and upgrade to seasonal AP once you get there. As the title of this thread says, they are roughly the same price.

So it looks like Undercover Tourist has the 2 day park to park + 1 day ticket for $301.85. Just to be clear that I'm understanding correctly, if I bought the Undercover Tourist tickets, then booked Royal Pacific at the AP rate (when and if becomes available), I could upgrade one ticket to seasonal AP once I'm there (just to get the resort discount), and pay only the difference between the $301.85 UT ticket and the $304.99 (+tax) seasonal AP? It looks like the Seasonal AP doesn't give discounts for food, etc., so we would essentially be upgrading just for the resort discount since we probably won't be able to return for another visit.

So it looks like Undercover Tourist has the 2 day park to park + 1 day ticket for $301.85. Just to be clear that I'm understanding correctly, if I bought the Undercover Tourist tickets, then booked Royal Pacific at the AP rate (when and if becomes available), I could upgrade one ticket to seasonal AP once I'm there (just to get the resort discount), and pay only the difference between the $301.85 UT ticket and the $304.99 (+tax) seasonal AP? It looks like the Seasonal AP doesn't give discounts for food, etc., so we would essentially be upgrading just for the resort discount since we probably won't be able to return for another visit.

Yes, that is what lots of people do that are only going once.

We bought 2 day park to park on Undercover Tourist, and then we'll upgrade when we get there. From what I've read here they credit you their ticket price no matter where you buy.
When are you going to try this? I am interested in doing the same, but I have read conflicting reports. I have read that they may only upgrade tickets that were purchased directly from Universal. I am interested in upgrading Sam's Club 2 day Park to Park tickets ($269). Would they upgrade them, and would I pay the difference between the gate price and the AP, rather than the Sams Club price? TIA

Last edited:
When are you going to try this? I am interested in doing the same, but I have read conflicting reports. I have read that they may only upgrade tickets that were purchased directly from Universal. I am interested in upgrading Sam's Club 2 day Park to Park tickets ($269). Would they upgrade them, and would I pay the difference between the gate price and the AP, rather than the Sams Club price? TIA
We have upgraded tickets bought at UT more than once to seasonal passes with no problem. Universal does not know how much we paid UT, they upgrade based on the Universal price for the tickets. I have never bought Sam's Club tickets so I can't say for sure.

We've upgraded UT tickets as well as tickets we've received through a loyalty group. We didn't get gate value but it was close enough.

Only tix i had issue upgrading over the years was a one day tix, heavily discounted. bought at a group rate/affiliation (university) thru ticketmaster.

For $260 just renewed one of my DSs seasonal APHs

originally issued 10/18, now it’s valid thru 4/21.

Mind boggingly cheap vs what I pay for WDW ones.

Black out dates don’t fall into his current travel habits. If he switches things up, easily can upgrade when there.

Just a note, in case anyone has UT tickets of greater value than the Seasonal AP.

During my trip in December, an employee at one of the kiosks couldn't upgrade my UT ticket to the Seasonal AP and referred me to Guest Services because the value of my ticket was worth more than the Seasonal AP. The employees at Guest Services spoke with their supervisor, and eventually upgraded me to the Seasonal AP after initially insisting that my ticket could only be upgraded to a more expensive AP (the Power Pass in my situation).

I've never run into that issue in the past, and hopefully it's a fluke, but I figured I would mention it in case anyone else finds themselves in a similar situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!