Seascape Resort, Aptos CA

Kimber

Mouseketeer
I am headed to this resort in November. Anyone know anything about the area. What is weather like and would a rental car be useful. Flying into San Jose. Looking forward to trip as I have never been to Ca, was just hoping it would have been Closer to DL. Oh well, it is not PA in November. Hopefully there will be a little sun. :sunny:

Hi Kimber! What part of November are you visiting in? We live about 10 minutes from the San Jose airport. Aptos is about a 1 hour drive, so I would definitely suggest a car. Feel free to PM me if you would like. I've lived in this area all my life, so I've never stayed in Aptos, but we've been there many times.

Weather can be very nice, but it does somewhat depend on early or late Nov...

I will be there Nov 28 - Dec 2. We will probably have very little free time, but I am determined to put my toes in the Pacific. I was just looking for things to do for an hour or two at a time within a 10 -15 min drive. Thanks so much.

Our tech museum is a wonderful place to visit and within walking distance of downtown San Jose. Unfortunately, just about anything else requires a car. Aptos is about an hour away but nice to visit. Santa Cruz is a little closer and has some nice restaurants. When you come to our area, during the early fall it can be 95 degrees or it can be 50 degrees. We don't normally get alot of rain in November/December but there is always that possibility.

Having grown up in San Jose I love the Santa Cruz/Aptos area and go back as often as we can. We really like Sea Cliff and Del Mar beaches that are right there in Aptos. I have never stayed at the SeaScape we always stay at the Best Western SeaCliff Inn.

Have fun

Ooo Ooo! We stayed there 5 years ago and loved it. It was my oldest DD's 8th b-day, and she is now 13. Poor DH had just started a new job and had to work. :( Very bummed he missed out. My mom took the rest of us (me & 3 kids at the time + my sis, BIL & nieces) down for vacation. We loved swimming in the pool, lounging around in the robes, the handy washer/dryer, and of course the beach. We'd walk down to the beach and if we were too tired to climb back up the steps with all the kids, we'd call for the beach boys in golf carts that would come down & get you & take you back up. Very fun & luxurious. I do remember dining outdoors at the restaurant (I think it was brunch) and having to send my soup back twice because of bees landing in it. I gave up on soup after the 2nd bee. Made a mental note to dine indoors if we should ever return. There's a little shopping/restaurant village within walking distance with a pizza place & stuff. Have a great trip! :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!