Sean and Mommy's Sept 2017 WDW trip...aka "Best trip ever!" COMPLETE!

Day Seven-Friday, September 22, 2017 (Part Two)

OK, so when we left off we'd just finished eating a late breakfast at 'Ohana and were headed back to the Beach Club for the day. The screenshot I have on my phone says it was 98 degrees that day, so naturally we spent the afternoon at the pool (me) and in the arcade (Sean). We also chilled out in the room for a while. I took a picture of Sean on the balcony for anyone who is interested in the room location from the outside:

room photo.JPG

While we were hanging out in the room it started to absolutely POUR. It rained hard for about 15 minutes, then cleared up and was perfectly beautiful out. This was seriously the only rain we experienced during our entire trip and not only did it only last a few minutes, we were in our room when it happened. We seriously got so lucky. Best trip ever! :D

Around 5:45 p.m. we made our way down to the Beach Club bus stop and hopped a bus to MK for our MNSSHP!

lilo and stitch.JPG

Sean kicked things off with a Mickey bar:

mickey bar.JPG

And then we hopped on the People Mover and took a spin around Tomorrowland. We trick or treated and did a bunch of rides, watched The Legend of Sleepy Hollow where they usually show PhilharMagic, and just enjoyed the fun atmosphere in the park.

castle.JPG

carousel.JPG

I really hope I fed Sean some actual dinner at some point, but there is no photographic evidence of my having done so. Eventually we found a spot on Main Street toward the front of the park to watch the parade. It was a this point that Sean talked me into buying him a lollipop roughly the size of his head. Why not?

lollipop.JPG

After the parade we watched HalloWishes! and then Sean was ready to call it a night. It was still pretty early but honestly, I was fine with heading out and beating the crowds. We got one more photo in front of the castle:

lilo and stitch two.JPG

Then made our way out of the park and hopped a bus back to the Beach Club. We had a nice chat with a dad and his son who was around Sean’s age, who were doing the exact same thing as us and getting the heck out of there while the getting was good. I wouldn’t have minded staying for more of the party, but it really was nice to get back to the resort before 11:00 p.m.

Before the party I had actually had the foresight to grab myself something to have for a late dinner after we got back. I didn’t know how late we would stay, and figured my options would be limited at best. I had walked over to the Boardwalk Bakery but nothing really grabbed my eye, so ended up just getting a chicken Caesar salad from the BC Marketplace. I of course failed to take a picture of this, but you can imagine what it looked like. I ate this after we got settled back into our room and while it wasn’t fantastic it was perfectly fine and I was so glad I’d thought to grab something semi-healthy so I wasn’t stuck with cardboard pizza or a bag of pretzels.

This was our last night at the Beach Club for this trip (waaahhh!) but we still had some fun plans and yummy food ahead! I also promise there will be more actual food pictures in the next post :rolleyes1

Day Eight-Saturday, September 23, 2017 (Part One)

We kicked off the last full day of our trip at Epcot. We headed to Future World where Sean had a giant cinnamon roll from Sunshine Seasons for breakfast, which he enjoyed:

cinnamon roll.JPG

We then worked our way back over to World Showcase so I could try a couple more offerings from F&W that I hadn’t yet had a chance to get:

Patagonia:

patagonia.JPG

Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Purée and Two Henrys Elderberry Cream Hard Cider

Thailand:

thailand.JPG

Marinated Chicken with Peanut Sauce and Stir-fried Vegetables

I really enjoyed both of these, though the food from Thailand was my favorite and also (I thought) a generous portion.

Italy:

italy.JPG

Crispy Calamari with Spicy Pomodoro Sauce

This was a repeat for Sean since he had enjoyed it so much the last time he had it. I ordered myself a glass of prosecco which I also enjoyed :-)

Sean also picked up the stuffed Olaf he had been wanting all trip long:

olaf.JPG

As you can see it was another sunny, hot, gorgeous day. We finally said our sad goodbyes to Epcot, picked up on our bags from the Beach Club, got in one more giant sniff of that fabulous lobby smell, then hopped in the car and made our way over to Saratoga Springs Resort for the last night of our trip.

To be continued in the next post…

Day Eight-Saturday, September 23, 2017 (Part Two)

After getting settled into our room at SSR we spent some time at the pool (of course) and Sean spent some time doing...this:

SSR.JPG

I apparently bought him a bag of sour cream and onion Lays at some point. Wonder what those cost me? :rolleyes2

Our plan for the evening was to walk over to Disney Springs and have dinner at Wolfgang Puck Express. The walk from SSR to Disney Springs really is (in my opinion) the reason to stay at SSR and was the reason I had added this night on to the end of our trip.

I started things off right by hitting Homecoming (it still had the "G" at that point!) for a drink. Side note: thank you to all you helpful folks who informed me that I could get cocktails to go here! Thankfully I also took a picture of the menu so I could remember what the heck I ordered:

drink menu.JPG

I started off with a Moonshine Mash, which was absolutely delicious:

drink 1.JPG

From there we hit the Lego Store and Goofy's Candy Co. (sorry, no pic of whatever monstrosity Sean created) and then I stopped back at Homecoming for another drink:

drink 2.JPG

I am 95% sure this was the Basil Smash. It was also delicious and I think the bartender remembered me from the first drink (I gave him a good tip) because he did not pull any punches with the amount of booze he put in this! We walked around and I sipped my drink and we enjoyed what was yet another absolutely gorgeous night:

DS sunset.JPG

After soaking up the lovely evening atmosphere at Disney Springs we made our way over to Wolfgang Puck Express for one of our favorite meals. Sean got the Classic Cheese pizza:

WPE cheese.JPG

I ordered the Greek Salad:

WPE salad.JPG

Butter Lettuce, Feta, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Kalamata Olives, Peppers and Greek Dressing (though I'm pretty sure it was romaine lettuce)

And, because it was the last night of vacation and because I needed some carbs to soak up all that booze, the Pesto and Goat Cheese Pizza with Roma and Sun Dried Tomatoes:

WPE pizza.JPG

To nobody's surprise, there appears to be a glass of sauvignon blanc in the background as well. We loved this meal. WPE is always one of our favorites, and this time was no different. This was a great way to end the last night of our trip!

Up next, we finally have to leave WDW, but not before a yummy breakfast at one of our favorites!

I seem to be on a roll here, so might as well wrap this sucker up! It has been almost exactly a year since this trip anyway!

Day Nine-Sunday, September 24, 2017

Sadly this was our departure day :sad:

Not wanting to just pack up and leave I had booked us breakfast at Boma-Flavors of Africa so we could depart on a happy Disney note. After finally locating the gym at Saratoga Springs and getting my run in, we packed up the rest of our stuff and made our way back over to Animal Kingdom Lodge for our farewell breakfast. We checked in a little late for our 8:45 a.m. ADR but were seated within just a few minutes.

boma sign.JPG

I really love the offerings at Boma. Here are our plates:

boma 1.JPG

boma 2.JPG

Sean loaded up on carbs and went with both pancakes and Lion King waffles. He also got scrambled eggs, a mountain of bacon, tater tots (sorry…"potato barrels"), and a Krispy Kreme donut.

boma 4.JPG

I got some roasted asparagus, roasted tomatoes, turkey bobotie, scrambled eggs with goat cheese and chives, and carved ham with mustard sauce. Everything was delicious. I went back for more scrambled eggs at one point.

boma 3.JPG

I grabbed us a plate of fruit to share (pineapple, melon, strawberries and grapes) and a couple of mini blueberry muffins which I don’t think got eaten. We also had a couple glasses of the yummy juice. I never EVER drink juice but I just can’t seem to resist this stuff!

We really enjoyed our breakfast here and I would definitely return—between the great selection, the semi-reasonable (by Disney standards) pricing, and the atmosphere at Jambo House, Boma is a winner.

And with that, we have come to the end of this dining report! I had so much fun looking back at all the memories from this trip. We had so much fun, the weather was fantastic, the food was awesome, and it was everything I had hoped it would be. Sean still just out of the blue will say to me “I want to go back to Disney!” For those of you considering taking a solo trip with one of your kiddos I would absolutely 100% recommend it. This really was the best trip ever :goodvibes

I adore your MNSSHP costumes. :love: Super duper cute and practical all at once. I loved your report, glad to see you ended with a great meal at Boma. Your plate looks exactly like mine would- I love all the protein options there for breakfast along with some roasted vegetables. I can't resist the french toast bread pudding though. :bitelip:

We went to Goofys Candy co. on Wednesday and I also forgot pictures of our monstrosities lol. Next trip is our honeymoon and we plan to hit a lot of places you guys went! Loved reading along

Noooo I don't want your trip to be over!!! Looks like so much fun to end your adventure. That evening at Disney Springs particularly! Homecoming to go drinks certainly make the shopping more fun. I hope we get an evening like that soon.

Glad you had so much fun on your trip! It did look like the best trip ever!

I just read all of your report! Such a great trip for you to take with you and just your one son! I have two girls, and I think they would be sooo mad if I took one and not the other to Disney. Sounds like you guys had a great trip!

As an aside, why can I not find any copycat recipes online for the bread service?! I would so make this at home. My kids would go bananas. :banana:
So, we went to Sanaa for the first time last September. And I LOVED the bread service! I may or may not of become obsessed with it. So, for Christmas my husband got me some small little bowls and a wooden platter to "recreate" the bread service!

Untitled

He actually ended up with 2 different versions, and I love and use both all the time.

For the dips... We have an Indian Grocery Store near by, that I can get some of the dips from. You could look on amazon, search Cilantro Mint Chutney. I bet you could find, mint chutney, the mango chutney and maybe the tamirind chutney.

And then if you want, try this recipe for a dip. It isn't like any of the ones at Sanaa but it is oh so good!
https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/muhammara-10982

You could probably find a recipe for the yogurt cucumber chutney as well.

Thanks for the enjoyable read! So glad your son and you had a wonderful trip. My daughter and I always travel together! We have so many great memories from all our trips!

I fell behind but am all caught back up. You and Sean certainly had a great time. Of course you had me at ordering bottles of wine, but seriously you mixed the adulting and the kidding so well. #Goals

And funny aside we got the same room as you at Beach Club. Though our view was a little bit different. Notice a difference????

I took a picture of Sean on the balcony for anyone who is interested in the room location from the outside:

room-photo-jpg.350810

IMG_6181.jpg

I fell behind but am all caught back up. You and Sean certainly had a great time. Of course you had me at ordering bottles of wine, but seriously you mixed the adulting and the kidding so well. #Goals

And funny aside we got the same room as you at Beach Club. Though our view was a little bit different. Notice a difference????

View attachment 353531
OMG, no way! Can't believe you ended up in the same room. *** is with the scaffolding though? Ugh.

Well I am excited to say that Sean and I are going back to WDW! It's been almost 2 years since our epic 2017 trip that this report detailed. This upcoming trip looks similar in many ways so there will be some repeat favorites as far as our ADRs but we're also going to try some new restaurants as well! Will we have as much dining success as our last trip? Will our awesome table mojo continue? We can't wait to find out!

Here's our ADR lineup so far:

Sanaa for arrival night dinner (tradition and we are already talking about the bread service)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (dinner)
Rose & Crown (dinner)
Yak & Yeti (lunch)
Cape May Cafe (dinner)
Tokyo Dining (lunch)
Via Napoli (dinner)
Sci Fi (lunch)
Oga's Cantina (drinks!)
Tusker House (dinner)
Be Our Guest (breakfast)
BOATHOUSE (dinner)
Boma (breakfast)

We've also been studying the F&W menus and have flagged a lot of things we plan to try! As usual there will be lots of beverages (me) and ice cream (Sean) consumed.

We also are doing a Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It! event at Epcot since we'll be there during F&W. We are doing a cat themed cupcake making seminar with Bronwen Weber which pretty much encompasses several of Sean's favorite things all in one event--I couldn't pass it up. We will be at WDW for eight nights, arrival night at CBR, then five nights at the Beach Club, then two nights at Wilderness Lodge which will be a new resort for us. We leave a month from today! :goodvibes

Sanaa for arrival night dinner (tradition and we are already talking about the bread service)
Rose & Crown (dinner)
Yak & Yeti (lunch)
Cape May Cafe (dinner)
Tokyo Dining (lunch)
Via Napoli (dinner)
Sci Fi (lunch)
Oga's Cantina (drinks!)
Tusker House (dinner)
Be Our Guest (breakfast)
BOATHOUSE (dinner)
Boma (breakfast)
YUM to all of them!!!!!

Well I am excited to say that Sean and I are going back to WDW! It's been almost 2 years since our epic 2017 trip that this report detailed. This upcoming trip looks similar in many ways so there will be some repeat favorites as far as our ADRs but we're also going to try some new restaurants as well! Will we have as much dining success as our last trip? Will our awesome table mojo continue? We can't wait to find out!

Here's our ADR lineup so far:

Rose & Crown (dinner)
Yak & Yeti (lunch)
Cape May Cafe (dinner)
Tokyo Dining (lunch)
Via Napoli (dinner)
Sci Fi (lunch)
Oga's Cantina (drinks!)
Tusker House (dinner)
Be Our Guest (breakfast)
BOATHOUSE (dinner)
Boma (breakfast)

We've also been studying the F&W menus and have flagged a lot of things we plan to try! As usual there will be lots of beverages (me) and ice cream (Sean) consumed.

We also are doing a Mix It, Make It, Celebrate It! event at Epcot since we'll be there during F&W. We are doing a cat themed cupcake making seminar with Bronwen Weber which pretty much encompasses several of Sean's favorite things all in one event--I couldn't pass it up. We will be at WDW for eight nights, arrival night at CBR, then five nights at the Beach Club, then two nights at Wilderness Lodge which will be a new resort for us. We leave a month from today! :goodvibes

That sounds like an awesome trip! I hope another dining review is coming!

Hi, I hope you find some time to write a dining review when you get home. I really enjoyed reading your report last time. I used to travel to WDW with my grandson all the time, so, like you, it was just the two of us. My daughter was there the same time as you. She just got back. She also ate at some of the same places as you - Sanaa, BOG, Via Napoli, and Boma. I hope you both had a great time!

I loved your last DR and can't wait to read this one!! You have some delicious choices - I so miss being able to go for F&W! Now that my girls are teens, the sport schedules allow for zero fall travel. But we've got a post-Christmas trip scheduled so we have that to look forward to - hope you made it home safely and I look forward to reading your report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!