Sea World without doing the rides

McMonsters

Mouseketeer
Venturing into SeaWorld and need some help planning. We won’t be doing any rides but Infinity Falls and Journey to the Atlantic. Without question the orca show is a must and we will roam around to see the other anima exhibits. Kids won’t be interested in Sesame Street either. Could we conquer all the above in a half day? Would love some tips and tricks to make the most of our trip!

You can do that in half day - you can spend as much or as little time going through the animal exhibits as you like, so that really depends on you. There are a few other shows, and the animal exhibits are cool also. You can feed the rays or just stick your hands in and pet them. The shark building is quite impressive, as is the manatee / turtle area, and of course Wild Arctic with the belugas & walruses.

Infinity Falls is really great with some unique elements. I found it can get you fairly soaked or just a little wet, depending on how the raft rotates. For that reason, I suggest planning that you may get fairly wet.

I visited with my 85 year old dad who rented a scooter there. We didn't do any of the water rides or other rides, but did three shows -- Orca, dolphin, and sea lion (get to that one early to see the mime if you do it - he's why we go to that one). We visited most of the animal exhibits, but didn't get over to the Wild Artic. We had one meal too, a lunch break of about an hour (Voyager Smokehouse -- I thought food for good for the theme park). We got to the park right at the 10:00 a.m. opening and were able to get all of this done by 4 p.m. It was a great six hour day.

Note too we didn't go into any of the gift shops or anything like that. Our 20 somethings and 30 somethings who love all the coaster plus shows plus animal exhibits plus gift shops stayed a few more hours. They found ride lines to be walk on early morning, probably as there was a special evening event Seven Seas festival, which meant light morning crowds and more people getting there later.

You can do a half day, but it's a very nice park and I don't think I've ever gone and spent less than six hours.

IMO, no you can't do it in half a day.

There are 3 shows for a start - the sealion show (very entertaining actually), the dolphin show and the Orcas show. Due to the timing of those shows, you are unlikely to get them all done in half a day, plus the 2 rides you want to do, and other exhibits such as the sharks and turtles. Personally I would plan for a full day. We spent almost 2 full days there last trip, and didn't do any of the big rides, and still found plenty to do (although we did take a big break in the middle of each day to recover from the heat).

Get there at park opening. Go to the dolphin show first thing in the morning. Then you can see the manatees, turtles and shark exhibit. Maybe get into the sea lion show (can't remember when that one is shown). Do the noon Orca show and ride the two water rides last (since you will get wet, especially with the Falls one). Also stop in and see the penguins if you have a chance. You can do that without riding the penguin ride. If it isn' t too crowded, you should be out of there by 2.

as soon as you enter find a park person with the day's schedule. You may have found one on line but it might NOT be the same. Schedule in hand if you study it you'll find there is a 'flow' that allows you to see all the major shows in 6 hours ..... you won't see EVERYTHING but you will see the major shows.

Doubt me?

just watch the people flow from show to show .... they do it NOT knowing they are doing it.

If you KNOW you can be at the front of the line for better seats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter