Sea World - San Diego

disneyjlh2002

Earning My Ears
Has anyone recently been to Sea World in San Diego? We are thinking of including that as a side trip when we go to Disneyland. I'm wondering if there is enough to do there for a fully day. Also, my kids like the idea of dining with Shamu. Anyone done the lunch buffet?

Thanks in advance!

Sea World San Diego also has breakfast with Shamu (which costs less than lunch). We did that and it was fun. Sat right next to the tank where the whales swim. Some tables caught a few splashes. Food was good & plentiful.

We spent a full day at the park. They have a raft ride that's fun (similar to Kali River Rapids).

How old are your children?
We have spent a week in SD spending several days and other nights at Sea World when our daughter was between 2 and 5. We would go twice a year. She still asks to return though our travels have not taken usinthat direction inthe last couple of years.

My family and I were in southern California last summer and spent one of the 2 weeks we were there in San Diego. We went to Sea World on one day and was able to see all the shows with some careful planning but not really hurrying. This was during the second week of June and the CA schools were not out yet, so it wasn't really crowded. The only rides are the raft ride, the simulator, and the skyride. We rode the raft ride and the simulator with very short waits. We also took our time eating during a late lunch and at supper, but we did spend the whole day there (10 AM - 10 PM).

:D I went to San Diego in January with my 4 year old DD and husband. We LOVED Sea World. We stayed 2 nights in Encondido (nice town) at a terrible hotel ( another story) and did the Wild Animal park and Sea World.
Sea World is indescribebly beautiful.
Prettier and as clean as WDW, dare I say.
We took the super deluxe tour, fed dolphins, eels and sea turtles and touched little sharks.
Our guide said that the new head of AnheiserBusch entertainment gives them an unlimited landscaping budget. I believe it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter