Sea World San Diego - has anyone seen/tried the new rides?

starshine514

DIS Veteran
I just noticed on Sea World's website that they have five new (small - three are classified as "Little Explorer" rides) rides in new Ocean Explorer area. I'm not expecting anything amazing, but this sounds like a great addition to the three kiddie rides they have in the Bay of Play. They don't really have many picts of them on their website, so I was wondering if anyone has been there lately and seen/tried them.

Submarine Quest - sounds educational :)

Tentacle Twirl - a swing ride, similar to SSS

Octarock - claims to be a back-and-forth swing ride, has an upper height limit of 6'1"

Aqua Scout - mini bumper boats?

Sea Dragon Drop - mini drop ride for kiddos. We always call this one the "Frog Hopper"

ETA: Apparently, this is my 3000th post. You know what that means - time to break out the dancing bananas! :banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:
I haven't but I'm very excited that there will be more things my 2 yr old can do!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter