Sea world rides.....

USA_mad02

Mouseketeer
Is the Sea world simulator ride called Wild Artic ( i think! :confused: )
any good?

Whats everyones opinion?

Worth a ride?

I'm going to move this to our Seaworld discussion forum for you :)

We went on it in 98 and I remember it being pretty neat. Sea World is not known for its rides --- the animal part of this area was great!!!

Renee

We went last year.

The simulator part is not as intense as say.. Back to the Future, but its pretty good. (Not horrible, but not super intense). You are supposed to be in a helicopter over the Arctic. My DH who has been in a helicopter said some things were close.

But the previous poster said it best, the animals part at the end is well worth it. It really was incredible.

If you want to see the Wild Arctic exhibit but not ride the simulator, you can do the stationary ride. You see the same ride movie, but the seats don't move.

Wild Artics journey aboard the helicopter "White Thunder" has one of the best features of any simulator ride that exists, and most people never notice it.

It is the only ride of this type that actually takes you somewhere. The story is written so that you are leaving Sea World to fly to Base Station Wild Arctic. When you board, notice that the exit doors are closed...so that the guests cant see people getting off in front of them. And so that you cant see the Base Station that you have not arrived at yet. The illusion continues in the final moments of the ride film where you see the unload area that you will soon be exiting in. And it is carefully reproduced in real life from the film.

This is the only simulator to have this effect. Think about it...Star Tours, Body Wars, BTTF....ALL take you back to the same place you started. All except Wild Arctic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter