Sea World on Arrival Day?

BuzzLightYear3

Mouseketeer
Hi....we're heading to Disney and then Vero Beach for a week and a half in early June, and we're considering doing Sea World on our arrival day. Our flight gets in about 11:30 a.m.....we'll be renting a van, and can then be on our way. It'd be hit or miss if our room at BWV is available, and we won't want to use our Disney Park Hoppers on a partial day, so we thought maybe it'd make sense to spend 6 hours or so at Sea World before checking in at Disney. Last time we were there was 4 years ago in January with just one 4 year old. At that time, it seemed like we were satisfied with a slow-paced 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. day. Now we have 3 kids (they'll be 9, 5, and 2). Is arrival day reasonable or is it pushing it too much? We won't want to be staying too late as we'll want to get checked in and get everyone settled so that we can get to one of the Disney parks at opening the next morning. Will we feel like we wasted our money if we can't stay longer? Will we disappointed that we weren't able to see very much in such a short time? Anybody else do Sea World on their arrival day? Will be interested in any opinions.

Thanks!

We did Sea World last year on our arrival NIGHT.

We got to Sea World maybe 6 ish to 9 ish.
It was me and my DH. The first thing we did was Kraken.. (not for the faint of heart! or first thing after traveling!).

Then we did some exhibits, got our free beers, really just chilled out. We took our time with things. I can't remember if we saw the Shamu night show on our first night or not.. I'll have to dredge up the trip report.

With two adults we saw a good hunk of stuff.

We did SW on our arrival day. OUr flight was only about 1 1/4 hours long, and this was before the 2 hour security requirements. We arrived at 1:30 and stayed til closing-I think 7 (this was in Sept) It was an excellent way to use the time, plus SW offered next day free at the time, so we came back and finished off the park the next day. We saw several shows, rode Atlantis and Artic Wild ride. Kraken wasn't open at the time.

I would say do it. You can get alot accomplished, especially in the evening at Sea World. I often go just for an hour or two in the evenings (I have an annual of course). But they are still offering the second day free offer...so you could use that as a possibility to finish up anything that you just HAD to do. Even split a day between Disney and SW. Enjoy.

-Scott

I did Sea World when I arrived in town at around 2 pm in the middle of January. The park was very quiet. Shows were half open and it seemed like I had the park to myself. I had time to ride Kraken and JTA many times. I took in some shows and exhibits too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter