• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sea World Ohio - Anybody???

marybarbara60102

Earning My Ears
We went to Sea World in Ohio (yes there is one there which seems like a lot of people don't know that) a couple of years ago. If you do know that and have been, have you also been to the one in Florida? Is it pretty much the same? Should we not bother going to that one too??

Sea World Ohio was purchased by Six Flags to make a giant park. I went to Six Flags World of Adventure after the park was already purchased. From what I was it would have been identical to the Florida Sea World without the two thrill rides.

I've been to both.

Lets see, first off Ohio is smaller.

Florida has the thrill rides, and the simulator ride

There are more things in the Florida one. Sea World Ohio was kind of odd, really.. like they plopped a Sea World in the middle of some trees...where as Sea World Orlando is more open, and has more room for more expansive exhibits..

I enjoyed both, but Sea World Orlando was much nicer I thought.

I really miss Sea World Ohio though.. I didn't live too far from it when we lived in OH.

We were actually at Sea World in Ohio before Six Flags bought it. We loved it. Sounds like it is worth going to the one in Orlando too! Thanks for the info!! Now I am wondering if the one in California is the same too?

I thought Six Flags only bough Geuga Lake Park across the Lake from Sea World. Wow.

Thanks for the comparison. I miss Sea World Ohio and we usually went every year. :( This trip to Orlando I think we are going to try Sea World.

You will really enjoy Sea World.. I loved it.

I grew up in Cleveland and went to Sea World Ohio many, many times, but I was much more impressed with Sea World Orlando.

For one thing, Orlando did a better job with crowd control. At least when we were there, about 4 years ago, they gave each visitor a show schedule when they entered the park which listed recommended times to see each show to maximize the number of shows that could be seen; of course, you could go wherever you wanted. We didn't have any trouble getting into any show we wanted to see. Sea World Ohio was only open in the Summer for obvious reasons, and it seemed like it was always packed; much more waiting if you wanted to get into shows and it was difficult to get into some shows. Note though that others may have better data on this....we went to Sea World Orlando in January, so it would have been a slow season. Maybe they have the same crowd problems there during the Summer.

Also the shows were just much better in Orlando; the Shamu show in Ohio seemed to be mostly a bunch of swimming and a couple crowd-soaking splashes; the 'same show' in Orlando included many more tricks. There was also a really good Dolphin show in Orlando which they didn't have in Ohio.

Anyway, we plan to check it out again when we're in Orlando this June. I'd be interested in others' opinions as well though as we've mostly decided to take the time because it seemed much better, but if that's not a consistent opinion, we may decide to skip it.

I'm a veteran Sea World visiter (been to either the one in Ohio or the one in Orlando at least 17 times). I was not happy when Sea World Cleveland (the one in Ohio) closed because I am a resident of Kentucky and SW Cleveland was the closest Sea World to me. Sea World Cleveland was smaller than SWO and had less fun things to do, but the education and animal factors were there. I love Sea World Orlando better than Sea World Cleveland because there were more things to do and with the thrill rides, SWO surpassed Sea World Cleveland. Sure in later years, Sea World Cleveland got Mission Bermuda Triangle and Pirates 3-D (or something like that, I haven't visited it since 1996, so I haven't been to any of these attractions before the park closed). SWO definitely had more animals and more interesting exhibits than Cleveland had. Plus, the layout of Sea World Cleveland wasn't as good as it could have been. I like the layout of SWO better because it gives you more exercise and downtime...

IOAfan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter