SDL in the rain

disney144

Mouseketeer
were leaving Indonesia tomorrow to head to SDL (the last stop of our honeymoon!). Looks like we may have some rain while there. Any ideas what rides, shows, or experiences we can expect to be closed in the rain?

We had 2 days of rain when we were there in March. I don't recall anything being closed but then again.....we went seeking the indoor rides and shows. On the second day where the rain was heavier, we spent time in the Marvel and Star Wars areas, and doing meet and greets. We also rode Toy Story Mania....multiple times. And Tron was opened, so I hopped on that as well.
Then we headed over to catch the Tarzan show and the Pirates Stunt show (popping in to Peter Pan along the way because the queue is undercover and we had just enough time before the shows to do one ride). Winnie was closed; otherwise we may have done the same. I don't know if the Crystal Grotto nor 7DMT was opened on this second day. They may well have been closed; but we weren't looking to ride them in the rain so I didn't look.
Roaring Rapids was down for scheduled maintenance.

I would expect that the Camp Discovery rope courses could well be shut in the rain.

Have fun and I hope the rain isn't too bad.

I was there with PIO for the rainy stint she has mentioned. I can confirm that SDMT and Crystal Grotto were both open the entire time. The rain actually doesn't affect Crystal Grotto because the boat is covered. SDMT I imagine could get a bit damp though! I can't remember if I noticed whether the jet packs and/or Dumbo were closed, but I was actually surprised at how little the rain seemed to affect park operations. (And I suspect PIO means Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters when she says Toy Story Mania!). Challenge Trails was open during the drizzle we had on our first morning, but I didn't notice whether they shut it down when the rain became heavier. I wouldn't recommend doing it in the rain anyway.

It's worth noting that the castle stage show was cancelled on our rainy days. The parade was also pared right down to just the first and last float with characters on board.

As PIO says though, there are plenty of rainy day options in the park. The worst part is getting between them since the park is so big.

and yes the Challenge trails were also open but it was the easier course only not the harder one I think. There were few attempting it and I was surprised they had kept it open - but they did. I didn't take any notice of Dumbo but I think I saw the jet packs working but don't quote me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!