SDD rope drop + stroller parking + rider switch

MickeyWaffles

DIS Veteran
We almost always rope drop, but never the most popular attractions.

Our DHS day may be 60+3. We plan to rope drop SDD (unless we we somehow get FP, but we need FP for 8 which is a pretty tall order for 60+3.)

We will have a double stroller and single stroller to park.

We will also need to do rider switch as my sister’s 1 year old won’t be able to ride.

A couple questions to wrap my head around this.

1. Is having to set up rider switch going to defeat the purpose of arriving at the park super early to be toward the front of the pack? One adult can always just not ride and stay back, but it would be really nice if everyone could experience it.

2. Is there somewhere easy to park the strollers on the way to SDD? They don’t need to be super close to us when we get off the ride. We just need them in the park with us and can go back to wherever to get them. We are not “get in line and have the rest of the group meet up with us” people, so that’s not an option.

Thank you for any input you can provide! Our rope drop experience is usually so laid back because we’re rarely headed to wherever everyone else is going. The thought of rope dropping SDD is already overwhelming to me - adding parking 2 strollers and setting up rider switch is making it worse!

I have no experience with rope dropping SDD, but I would think you could all go to the ride together and set up rider switch. Then the adult staying behind with the 1 yo can go drop the stroller off in the stroller parking by TSMM. But I admit it is a complicated situation to get the rider swap while trying to rope drop. That’s part of the reason I’ve never done it. Hope someone with experience can give you some info!

I’m not sure how getting the rider swap at RD will work. There is a place for DAS/Rider Swap off to the side, before the actual queue starts. Usually even at RD the queue stretches beyond that. So maybe just get in line with the 1yo until you come across that spot? Not sure. The line was moving swiftly at that point, so you may have to get out of line. Maybe try and get a FP for just a few of your party just in case? SDD is pretty fun, I wouldn’t want to miss it.

Rope Drop with the stroller was awful. Tons of people will pass you. We were first at the ropes and ended up with several hundred in front of us due to the stroller. And I was being decently aggressive and trying not to let people pass. People run, push, hold hands with their large group together...hot mess. The stroller parking will be to the left entering the land, so get to the left of the mob and stay on that side. Then you have to put it in the area and hurry across to the right side to get in line.

We almost always rope drop, but never the most popular attractions.

Our DHS day may be 60+3. We plan to rope drop SDD (unless we we somehow get FP, but we need FP for 8 which is a pretty tall order for 60+3.)

We will have a double stroller and single stroller to park.

We will also need to do rider switch as my sister’s 1 year old won’t be able to ride.

A couple questions to wrap my head around this.

1. Is having to set up rider switch going to defeat the purpose of arriving at the park super early to be toward the front of the pack? One adult can always just not ride and stay back, but it would be really nice if everyone could experience it.

2. Is there somewhere easy to park the strollers on the way to SDD? They don’t need to be super close to us when we get off the ride. We just need them in the park with us and can go back to wherever to get them. We are not “get in line and have the rest of the group meet up with us” people, so that’s not an option.

Thank you for any input you can provide! Our rope drop experience is usually so laid back because we’re rarely headed to wherever everyone else is going. The thought of rope dropping SDD is already overwhelming to me - adding parking 2 strollers and setting up rider switch is making it worse!

Bumping this to ask how it went? We will be doing this 3/5

we rope dropped sdd and a couple of people in my group had strollers. pretty sure they brought them into the line and there was a cm near the start of the queue that was taking strollers and parking them for people. we were near the front of the rd line so i'm not sure how long they do that for. maybe until the queue fills and the line movement slows down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter