SDD FP+ at about 9:15AM on day 7 of trip - possible?

PinkMagnolia

I love the Haunted Mansion
Looking at Monday, August 26 (before Galaxy's Edge opens), and wondering how likely it would be to get a FP+ for SDD during the first hour of operation. Looking at a group of 7 people. This would be day 7

I can probably swing it later - but it would make touring 100% easier to do it then and I wouldn't have to backtrack.

EDIT: Did our FP+ today - It didn't go as smooth as planned. I only made a FP+ for SDD for 3 ppl, and the earliest I could get was 1:00 PM. This is on day 60+7!!! I could probably try to move it up a bit, but I'm afraid to modify my ToT as I'm afraid it won't be easy to switch with the current reduced capacity. Ah well, didn't work out as planned, we will roll with it.

Last edited:
No guarantees but you’ll probably be fine. Do that FP reservation before any others.

We had no problem getting SDD FP for that hour on day 6 or 7 for early July.

Thanks for the responses - I also want to get a FoP on day 5 (a Saturday - at about 10-11) - Should I do FoP first or SDD?

Definitely shoot tor SDD first. We got slinky for 9:35 on our 60 + 7 day (earliest time there was available). Got FOP on day 60 + 3 for mid afternoon.

My recent experience...My 60 day FP window opened on 4/1 for my trip that starts this Friday. I was able to easily get SDD for a party of 4 for 9:15 AM on 60+6. My friends tried the next day, and they could only get afternoon times. My FOP was on 60+2. The only times available were 3:00 and after. Because of how early it was in our trip, I tried for FOP first and SDD second.

That should work. SDD can be difficult to get early in a trip, but not as difficult after at least 60+3. At 60+7, I would expect it to be available.
AS mentioned, still book this one first, then FoP and 7DMT. After those, the rest are not as difficult to get.

Hi again - I tweaked my AK day (60+5) a bit and will try for FoP a bit later (hoping for 11:45-12:45). I think this plan will work a bit better if its a little while later.

I want to have a FP for FoP that works with lunch at Satuli Canteen - It's like a jigsaw puzzle making this all work and having a good flow with minimal backtracking all over the park.

You should (fingers crossed!) have no problem getting roughly those times if you book SDD first and then quickly book FOP. We booked SDD for 60+7 of our June trip. The earliest I could get was 10 a.m., but not bad. I tried for FOP at 60+4 and could only get the early evening, but I think 60+5 should give you an edge. Good luck!!

Today was the day I could book fastpasses at 60 days and the earliest I could get SDD was day 5 of our vacation at 6:15 pm. I changed our 2nd Epcot day to an Epcot/DHS split day because I had to get a SDD fast pass. We took my son in 2017 before TSL opened so he hasn't ridden it yet. We rode it last year and it is my favorite ride at Disney World.

I promised to update and I did above:

Did our FP+ today - It didn't go as smooth as planned. I only made a FP+ for SDD for 3 ppl, and the earliest I could get was 1:00 PM. This is on day 60+7!!! I could probably try to move it up a bit, but I'm afraid to modify my ToT as I'm afraid it won't be easy to switch with the current reduced capacity. Ah well, didn't work out as planned, we will roll with it.

That second last week of August is looking terrible for FP availability. I've been monitoring it because my FP day is coming up. I need Slinky on day 65 and that day wouldn't be available if booking now. I need FOP on day 64 and also not available. Slinky might be easier once all the other good rides are also tier 1.

That second last week of August is looking terrible for FP availability. I've been monitoring it because my FP day is coming up. I need Slinky on day 65 and that day wouldn't be available if booking now. I need FOP on day 64 and also not available. Slinky might be easier once all the other good rides are also tier 1.
I was disappointed in the availability of morning FoP and SDD FPs for our trip. I usually like to go back the resort to get out of the heat in August. This trip is a bit more complicated for us because we have hard-to-get ADR's (and are meeting another family) and fitting the jigsaw puzzle together feels a bit harder this time.

They have yet to extend the hours during this week, though. That might affect things too.

I wonder if a lot of people switched their trips to those two weeks to avoid Galaxy's Edge. Hopefully you can get what you need after they extend the hours.

Previously the earliest SDD FP for a 9a opening was 9:30a - I assume for guest flow purposes. Has this changed?

If your other two Fastpasses are in the morning, then having Slinky Dog Dash just after noon should not be too bad.. You will be able to get more FPs by early afternoon.

I am making a rough guess that about 4000 SDD "morning" FPs are issued for every day. Some of them will already have been booked by guests with longer stays and whose 60 day booking windows opened yesterday or the day before, etc.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!