SDD Fastpass timing before Fantasmic

Heffalump12

Earning My Ears
Could I get to Fantasmic+FP and get a seat if I ride SDD+FP at 7:10pm? I want my daughter to do Jedi Training at 6:40 since it’s later in the day and a bit cooler, then afterwards we would rush to SDD with fastpass and quickly make our way to Fantasmic. Although it won’t be dark, I would like to ride SDD with the lights on. The TP crowd calendar predicts “4” on this day. This is my hopes of course, there may not even be a FP available for SDD on 60+2. I know a lot of people say don’t waste a FP on F but with the new tier system during our trip, there’s nothing else I want. Thank you!

What time is Fantasmic that night ? IF you have FP+ for it you are guaranteed a seat up until a short while before the show... it may not be a great seat, but you should get one.

But you are trying to plan things that may not occur... As said, chance for SDD FP+ probably slim for time you want. And no guarantees about getting that Jedi slot unless you sign up early, but probably good chance since so late in day. Would try for SDD FP+ to see what you can get before any of the other plans... it will dictate the other items.

What time is Fantasmic that night ? IF you have FP+ for it you are guaranteed a seat up until a short while before the show... it may not be a great seat, but you should get one.

Sorry, but that is not the case.

Fantasmic will be at 8pm. I’m hoping we can check in our FP at 7:10 and be off by 7:30 then hustle to Fantasmic hopefully getting there no later than 7:35. This is all speculation of course unless someone has experience in a similar situation.
We will be at HS 6:45am that day so getting a time slot for my daughter is not a concern but thanks for the heads up!

Fantasmic will be at 8pm. I’m hoping we can check in our FP at 7:10 and be off by 7:30 then hustle to Fantasmic hopefully getting there no later than 7:35. This is all speculation of course unless someone has experience in a similar situation.
We will be at HS 6:45am that day so getting a time slot for my daughter is not a concern but thanks for the heads up!

I think you are way underestimating the time it's going to take just to get from place to place. Jedi training is 25 min, so you're not even leaving that area until about 7:10. You can't run through the park, but even fast walking says it will be 7:15-20 before you get to SDD. You are now at the mercy of however many people are in the FP line. Shortest amount of time to wait and ride is probably 15 min. So we're at 7:30-35 in the BEST case scenario. You now have the LONG haul to the theater. By the time you get to the actual seats in the theater, it's going to be pretty close to 7:45. Everything has to go right for this to happen.

As Robo said, you're not guaranteed a seat, but there will probably still be seats available. My guess is they will be on the sides and not in the FP+ area.

To me this is a one of two ways event and it all hinges on the attitude you choose:
1. You stress the whole time whether you'll make it to F! and rush through everything and not really enjoy any of it and then end up in yucky seats for F! where you can't really see the show very well or crying on the street when you're too late to get in.
2. You take it as a challenge and enjoy the thrill of getting it done and laugh all the way through to the very end of F! or at the fact you miss F! in the event everything doesn't go right.

Thank you, this is exactly what i needed to hear. Looks like I need to change my plans. We will just catch SDD at night another trip, no biggee. Thanks for taking the time out to break down the timing!

Thank you, this is exactly what i needed to hear. Looks like I need to change my plans. We will just catch SDD at night another trip, no biggee. Thanks for taking the time out to break down the timing!

Should do SDD after Fantasmic if there's Fastpasses left.

Also, could do a Dining + Fantasmic FP package so you don't use a FP on Fantasmic that day too.

Sorry, but that is not the case.

That is what I've always heard and would make sense that the number of FP+'s given out isn't going to exceed the seating capacity of the FP+ section. At some point shortly before the show it is opened up for anyone and at that time all bets are off.

Doing SDD after F would be a super easy solution IF Mama and Daddy didn’t want to get back to resort ASAP so they can go check out Trader Sams since the next day is resort day plus my son is 3.5 yrs and I don’t think he would do well on SDD at 9pm. I’ve decided to do Jedi Training earlier in the day. Thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter