Scrapbooking ideas needed... (m)

zakatak

<font color=deeppink>Cinderella looked at me like
Hi...

Veteran CM scrapper here... We are going to WDW in February with kids (5, 3, and 1). These are some ideas I have for pages, but I would like some more ideas from you WDW veterans!!

1. Eating at Disney... pics at favorite restaurants, character dining, favorite foods (just journalled), etc...

2. Sleeping at Disney... pics of the kids pooped out on the bus, in the strollers, or wherever else they happen to pass out!!

3. I thought I would journal in a notebook every night about our favorite part of the days, funny things, etc... then type on the computer when we get home, shrink down, and make a double layout of 10 journal entries, starting the night before and ending the day we come home.

Are there any other ideas? I've heard about the "toy" that can travel WDW and such, but it would be hard with three kids to do that fairly...

Thanks in advance... Also, instead of trying to come up with a COOL layout each page (there will be lots!), I thought I would tie the whole WDW trip with Primary color triangles in the four corners of each page with a black Mickey head silhouette in them... Then just mat the pics, add some stickers and journal. Plus with the larger journalling at the end of the layouts, I don't have to leave alot of room on the pages to journal... MORE PICS!!!:D

Thanks in advance to all obsessed scrappers!!

Karen

P.S. Does anyone know where I can get a "thingie" on the computer that counts down how many days left til we leave????

Thanks!:p

I did my book chronologically, but here are some of the pages I made:

"look who we saw"
I did a double page spread with most of the character pictures we took.

I did pages for the rides we took a lot of pictures on (small world, winnie the pooh). In fact, I had so many from Winnie the Pooh that I did a pop up page with Winnie popping up. Very cute!

I did a page of pictures I took of us standing in lines. Very funny!

I also took pictures of each of us posing with the Roy and Minnie statue at MK. Next to each of our pictures I wrote each person's favorite part of their day at MK (this was our first day at WDW).

A double page spread for: each of the parades, Cindy's castle (day, night, posing in front of, etc.), each of the shows (Fantasmic, Lion King, etc.), restaurants, Kilamanjaro Safari, etc.

The one thing I didn't do was take pictures of the ride signs. That would have been a nice addition to my pages.

Well, these are just some of the things I've done. I hope this helps! Just take lots of pictures, take notes and save all your memorabilia. Make sure to pick up a new park map at the end of each day so you have a nice one to put in your book. You may want to bring bigger envelopes with each day/date marked on them to hold all your memorabilia (maps, receipts, etc.)

Lisa

Sometimes it is fun to choose a spot that you can photograph your family each trip. It is fun to see the height change, so choose something to stand beside for perspective.

I like to photograph weird things like tile designs for my scrapbook pages.

Cute animated cut-outs from movies that you can climb behind. I can tell you where to find them if you don't know about them.

Characters as you get autographs.

Anything special that you take part in, for example our family did the Family Magic Tour. That is not ordinary, so we took lots of pics.

Pictures of kids on a ride. I love some that I have taken of dumbo (ride in front and turn around) or also get on a little ahead or your kids on Pooh, remember the folks in front of them in line and take a shot from the exit when they go by. If you have them look back at you the honey pot says "hunny". Cute photo!

Expressions on faces when watching a parade or seeing Mickey can be priceless.

If you are staying in a Disney resort, leave out stuffed animals and sometimes they make towel animals for you. I have a great page from when we stayed at Wilderness Lodge!

Eating a sticky Mickey or other yummy concoction!

Look in the book of Disney pages by Creating Keepsakes. There are lots of inspirations in the pages!

Your resort will provide you with plenty of material for more than a page or two.

And then there's flowers, and landscapes, desserts, architectural details, hidden mickeys, animals, street signs, trash cans, light fixtures . . . .

Seeing Linda Babe's reply about the flowers and landscaping reminded me of a two page lay out I did in our album. It's two pages of wonderful pictures of the flowers, topiaries, landscaping etc...with "Mickey: How Does Your Garden Grow" On the patio of the Grand Floridian we took some great pics of a Mickey statue dressed as a farmer/gardner holding his little rake. Perfect for the layout. I have one of a lot of birds (both from Animal Kingdom, and outside our room) together with a great pic of DH and I...the title says "For the Birds" with "Love Birds" under the pic of DH and I. There are sooooo many wonderful photo ops everywhere. Take A LOT of film. I took a lot and wound up buying more and more. Once you get home and get your pictures back, you will see some kind of "layout organization" coming together. I followed our itinerary somewhat as well. Great idea for writing in a journal at night if you can stay awake long enough to write in it :)

Have a great trip!
Happy Scrappin
Candi

We'll be at WDW right after you! We're going the first week of March, it looks like. Here's another idea if you haven't thought of it already. Get some of the CM 5x7 albums. Have the characters sign on one side of the page (one page of a 2-page spread) and then put the pic of your child with that particular character on the opposing page.

It looks like you've gotten lots of great scrapbook info, Karen, so I'll give you the countdown clock info. :)

If you need any help, come on over to the Tech Support Board. :)

I also did a "hat" page with my daughter trying on different hats in the shops. It turned out quite cute.
eg. sorcerer hat , goofy hat , etc.

The braid hats in the shop after Rockin Roller Coaster are classic. I took the funniest pic of DS in one of them.

Thank you all!! Anybody else have any ideas???

I plan on taking 2 rolls of film per day with me? Should I bring more???

Karen

SplshMtn99, I love the way you journaled what you did on the trip. I'll have to remember to pick up those cute shaped postcards next trip. Thanks for sharing!

Bring more film then you think you could possibly use. Chances are you will use it and it is expensive to buy at the parks.

Some tips for pictures:

Make sure to share picture taking duty. I just scrapbooked Christmas 2000 pictures and realized I'm not in any of them. UGH.

If the kids are into Toy Story, take a side trip to All Star Movies. The Toy Story Buildings are themed like Andy's room and we got some great shots there.

Take more than one picture of the kids with characters, including some while they are standing there when the character is signing their books. Some of the best pictures of my niece and nephew are of them waiting and staring in awe at the characters.

Take a few minutes each night to journal or at least write the highlights of the day. You'll be amazed how quickly you forget them.

Make sure to ask to sit in the front on the monorail. And get bus driver and monrail "licenses".

And last but not least... Check out the CK Disney Idea Book. I have scraplifted so many great ideas from this book.

Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter