Scooter?

mydisneyanytime

Mouseketeer
We are headed to DL in the first part of July. We are staying about a mile away at a Hilton property on South Harbor Blvd. The plan was for us to walk the distance both to and from the park. However, my husband has been having a great deal of problem and was just diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and walking can be a chore. Does anyone know of a place that may be able to rent a scooter? We could uber but my son has a wheelchair and sometimes that makes it harder to do that. We know that it is going to be crazy crowded and hot during our time there but it is the only time that worked for us!

Last year my husband and I rented from One Stop Mobility's Disneyland Scooter (714-533-1444) and that worked out incredibly well for us. They delivered it to the hotel and picked it up as well. If I recall correctly, they had great reviews -- he researched them but I put in the order and they were great to work with.

If your husband requires a cane, I also highly recommend a collapsible cane.

We used Deckert surgical to rent a scooter. They delivered to our hotel (GC) bell services and picked it up there at the end of the rental. Highly recommended. ‭(714) 542-5607‬

We are headed to DL in the first part of July. We are staying about a mile away at a Hilton property on South Harbor Blvd. The plan was for us to walk the distance both to and from the park. However, my husband has been having a great deal of problem and was just diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and walking can be a chore. Does anyone know of a place that may be able to rent a scooter? We could uber but my son has a wheelchair and sometimes that makes it harder to do that. We know that it is going to be crazy crowded and hot during our time there but it is the only time that worked for us!
I use two different companies.
If I stay onsite I use Deckert's. When off-site I use Select Scooter Rental (714) 644-8057 They also deliver/pick up to the hotels.
When I fly down for the day, I will pick it up from their office in the lobby of the BWPPI.
In March for three days Select Scooter was $113.14

That’s quite the distance to travel to and from the park imo. There is a best western across the street that is 10mins walking distance from hotel door to park entrance.

I use two different companies.
If I stay onsite I use Deckert's. When off-site I use Select Scooter Rental (714) 644-8057 They also deliver/pick up to the hotels.
When I fly down for the day, I will pick it up from their office in the lobby of the BWPPI.
In March for three days Select Scooter was $113.14

Depending on your transportation to and from your hotel you might want to double check to see if the scooters break down to fit into your car. Ahhh...missed the part where you said that you were going to walk to and from....no need to worry if they break down or not!

Last edited:
We work with D&R Scooters. They deliver to other hotels in the area as well and are very reliable. They can be reached at (714) 883-8761. Their scooters start at $40 per day, but check with Hilton if they have any coupons for rentals.

HTH,
Kriss :tink:

Last year my husband and I rented from One Stop Mobility's Disneyland Scooter (714-533-1444) and that worked out incredibly well for us. They delivered it to the hotel and picked it up as well. If I recall correctly, they had great reviews -- he researched them but I put in the order and they were great to work with.

If your husband requires a cane, I also highly recommend a collapsible cane.

We used One Stop as well for my Mom in November and they were great! We were staying with family so I was able to drop her off and she got the scooter while I went and parked. The scooter ran all day long open to close without charging and we went to both parks and all the way through Downtown Disney and back throughout the day.

Anyone know of one of these companies that will rent to locals and that the ECV can be picked up before park opening and dropped off after park closing? The ECVs inside the parks are useless with how slow they go now, you can't even get up a wheelchair ramp, let alone some of the steeper hills in the parks and the batteries only last 4 or 5 hours.

I've been using Deckert's for about 10 years now! I love them! They have great rates and great customer service! I have never had an issue with them.

Sounds like Deckert's is high on everyone's list but they do not have transportable/ones that break down scooters? Who is the best company that has scooters that will break down into 4/5 pieces?

I rented from Deckert's a couple of times when my husband had a foot injury. Once we stayed as far away as the Hilton convention center and he rode it to and from the parks. I think there was a significant discount on maybe the 4th day, so I'd check them out. They have really nice quality scooters and that does make a difference in ease of use and comfort.

We used One Stop as well for my Mom in November and they were great! We were staying with family so I was able to drop her off and she got the scooter while I went and parked. The scooter ran all day long open to close without charging and we went to both parks and all the way through Downtown Disney and back throughout the day.
Here is another vote for OneStop, we have used them half a dozen times and they have always been great. We only had one issue once and they brought us another scooter and met us outside security on Harbor so it took maybe 10 minutes total and we were back in the parks having fun again.

Anyone know of one of these companies that will rent to locals and that the ECV can be picked up before park opening and dropped off after park closing? The ECVs inside the parks are useless with how slow they go now, you can't even get up a wheelchair ramp, let alone some of the steeper hills in the parks and the batteries only last 4 or 5 hours.

One Stop will do that. We did with my Mom's rental and they only charged us for the one day even though we picked it up at 7:00am and dropped it off at 1:00am to the hotel lobby after the One Stop office had closed. I dropped her off and then went and parked the car, at the end of the night she rode the scooter back and I went and got the car. No problems whatsoever. It was very reasonable - $50 for the day.

One Stop will do that. We did with my Mom's rental and they only charged us for the one day even though we picked it up at 7:00am and dropped it off at 1:00am to the hotel lobby after the One Stop office had closed. I dropped her off and then went and parked the car, at the end of the night she rode the scooter back and I went and got the car. No problems whatsoever. It was very reasonable - $50 for the day.
Thank you, that will help a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter