scooter rental at DL for 3 days

helenm29

FIGMENTED
I know there must already be a thread some where but I couldn't find it. I was wondering if it would be better to rent a scooter for 3 days from out side source or just rent in the park? what do you all think? also, how hard is it to put them in your car? thank you!

I don't have current (DL) rental info, but I know we have folks here who can tell you how much DL charges for the Parks rental units.

And, I have seen someone mention recently who they used at DL for a rental; just can't find it when we need it, of course!

But I can tell you a bit about putting a rental scooter into and out of your car.

Typically, rental scooter will break down into 3 or 4 parts. On average, the heaviest part will weight about 50 pounds - but be sure and ask the vendor *before* you rent! You disassemble the ECV outside the trunk/back of the vehicle into its parts, and then lift each part from the ground into the trunk/back of the vehicle. When you arrive at the place you need to use the scooter next, you take those 3 or 4 parts back out of the trunk/back of the vehicle, and re-assemble them.

So, you have to be able to lift the heaviest part into and out of the vehicle (along with all of the other parts LOL) and put them together. Lots of rental companies have videos that show how to do this for the various models they rent; even if the vendor you choose does not have that on their website, you should be able to find a video from the manufacturer of the scooter on YouTube by searching for the model you are considering renting.

I believe Deckert’s is the name of the most commonly mentioned outside vendor. Last I checked, they do not have a website so you have to call.

Apple also rents for delivery to DLR hotels as well.

Enjoy your vacation!

If you are staying at any hotel in the area, Apple is your best bet. If you are not staying at a hotel, then you will have to either rent in the park or from one of the few companies like Select Scooters that rent to locals. Select scooters has good customer service, just a bit more expensive than Apple scooters.

The in park scooters have difficulty making it up a wheelchair ramp let alone the steeper hills and the batteries for half way through the day.

I saw a lot of people at Disneyland recently with scooters rented from Cloud of Goods, but have never used them.

I don't know how well is works in SoCal, but I do know that some folks in the Orlando area have had issues when renting items from Cloud of Goods. I would tread carefully and be sure to read reviews and do due diligence before trusting a critical component of your vacation to just anyone. <--- personal opinion :)

Cloud of Goods is our go to rental place when we travel to Disneyland! We live in San Diego so we take weekend trips to Disneyland a couple times a year and the people at Cloud of Goods are the absolute best! I did have one instance where the reservation dates were messed up (sadly it was a slight oversight on my part) and the scooter was delivered a day earlier than we needed it. I just called and explained the situation and they did not charge me for the extra day which I thought was so nice considering I had made the mistake! Other than that, we have been so happy with the scooter every single time we rent and the prices are great compared to what you pay/what you get inside the park. Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter