Scooter & Boat Information

Nickiekay

Earning My Ears
I will be traveling with my dad in Jan, we are hoping to stay at WL. This trip he will be unable to go without his scooter. Can he travel on the boats with it, he hates the buses? Also Which hotel would be the easiest for him to navigate or are they all about the same?

We stayed in the Contemporary in May but had occasion to go over to WL for dinner.

The larger boat that goes from WL to MK was accessible. The smaller boat that goes between the the resorts was not accessible (had to lift DW into the boat then put her chair in sepperately wouldn't want to try it with an ECV.

If he really doesn't like the busses I would look into a hotel on the monorail line or one in the EPCOT/Boardwalk area that has accessible boat access to EPCOT and MGM. WL will require busses to everywhere except MK. We also don't enjoy the busses much but have found them tolerable if we got to take boats and monorail most of the time.

Good luck

Thanks, I think I am going to look into the Swan also this might be eaiser for him, epcot will be the park him and my mother want to spend most of the time in.

Even the larger boats that go between WL and MK are not always accessible to scooters or power wheelchairs. It depends on the water level. If the water level is too high or too low, the boat will be floating too high or too low compared to the dock.
The boats at the Epcot resorts are usually not affected by water level because their docks are somewhat different and they are on smaller waterways (that have the water level controlled better) than the large Bay Lake that WL is located on.
There are more details about this on the FAQs thread stuck to the top of this board.
If you stay at one of the Epcot resorts, you will also be able to walk (or roll) to Epcot and the Studio.
If you stay at one of the MK Monorail resorts, you can avoid the boats and the buses by taking the monorail to MK and Epcot and taking the Epcot boats (or walking/rolling) to the Studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter