Sci-Fi Vs. 50's Prime Time Cafe'

We have never been to the 50's prime time cafe, but we have eaten at the sci-fi theater....and would NEVER return! The hamburgers were lukewarm and pretty tasteless, very expensive for what you get, and the atmosphere was just o.k. We thought it was a huge waste of time....they were pretty slow with service, but friendly enough.

Prime Time is more of a "show" than Sci-fi. But please don't go to Prime Time if you can't take a joke....you never know what will happen at this place, but its alot of fun. I would agree that the food IS better at Prime Time. :teeth:

Prime Time 50's is one of my favorites....we always make a PS once per trip....my teen loves it too....the "Smores" are to die for!!! and the steak and the pot roast and the meatloaf and the pb&j shake..and....(can you tell we like it!!) :)

For me that is a very hard question. I think I love them both equally. We've eaten at both several times. I love the SciFi for it's original and fun decor, the kids especially love it, and the food is acceptable, not great, not disappointing. It's burgers, salads, and sandwiches, how can you really mess that up? It may cost more that your average burger place, but you're at Disney, you're also paying for the atmosphere. My teenage nephew, he's 13, gets a kick out of eating here, as do my kids, who are 18, 23, and 24. It's a great way to get out of the heat of the day, and relax for a little while, watching silly, vintage sci-fi movies, while enjoying your meal. The shakes are pretty good too! Now for the Prime Time, well, if you don't mind being the center of attention, and like fried chicken and meatloaf with mashed potatoes, all while feeling like you're in Beaver Cleaver's kitchen, then this is the place for you.:D It's alot of fun, but be warned, sometimes the castmembers get a little carried away. The "mom" that we had really picked on one of our son's friends, to the point where he was red with embarrassment. I thought she got a little out of hand, and we couldn't wait to get out of there. I felt so sorry for him. Other than that though, we've always had a good time. If given the choice, one over the other, I think I'd go with the Sci-Fi.

I agree with the joke thing, it can get way out of hand and it
has with us, too. I for one do not care for it.
I got that enough growing up!!

anyhow, I vote for sci fi. the atmosphere is unique and it is fun.
heck, the food isnt wonderful, but it beats mcdonalds IMO.

have fun whatever you choose:wave:

We have tried both and have returned to Sci-Fi more often. The burgers, rings, and shakes were good.:D

We like the food better at the Prime Time. They have great old fashioned "comfort food" and the decor is so much fun (especially if you remember the old sit-coms of the 50's-60's) Their s'more dessert is yummmmy!

- But this trip we are taking friends to the SciFi because the whole idea of eating in old cars at a drive-in is just so fun! My borther and his son will love it.
My question is - will they take the Magic Kingdom Lunch Vouchers there at the Sci-Fi?

I love both, and really, they're so different they're hard to compare. I enjoyed my meal better at Primetime because I really liked the fried chicken and am not a huge burger fan. That being said, we're trying the Sci-Fi for dinner this time around.

I think they're both great - just different!

DD, her fiance and I shared a sandwich, some soup and a salad. It was not expensive and we enjoyed the atmosphere. 50's Prime Time is, IMHO, a different story. We love both the food and the atmosphere. See if you can do both!!

Never tried Sci-fi; but Prime-Time was great! I am warning you: If you are an adult, you will most likely get embarrassed! When I went last year with my neighbors, the husband was served a "Tomato sundae" when he refused to eat his tomatoes, and he was dragged to the corner when he had his elbows on the table.

The food was really good; for kids there is a really cute little Viewmaster with pictures of all the desserts!

PS: to this day, my neighbor will NOT put his elbows on the table!

Sci-Fi hands down.

We tried 50's Prime Time on two different occasions (different years). We'll never go back. Food is OK but the service and atmosphere leave a LOT to be desired. The wait people are too busy "acting" to worry about your wants/needs.

Converesly, we've never had a bad meal or a bad time at Sci-Fi. It's just a real FUN place to eat.

50's PTC without any doubt or hesitation. The only thing edible in Sci-Fi are their milkshakes -- everything else is at best mediocre.

PTC's food is wonderful, very comfort-oriented. The service has always been superb and loads of fun. At Sci-Fi, the service is hit or miss, usually a miss.

We're planning on trying Sci-Fi this trip. Son really wants to try the burgers and shakes but we're going for lunch and the menu on AllEars doesn't show shakes for lunch! Are you still able to get them then?

I've never been to Sci-Fi, but I can't believe that the food can possibly be worse than the food at Prime Time. Everything was horrible except the dessert!! Our waitress didnt do any "acting" either...I would NEVER go there again!!!

I have only been to Sci-Fi and we really liked it. The atmosphere was cool. The sci-fi trailers they show are funny and entertaining, and the food was alright. I don't think we would try Prime Time because no one in my family likes to be the center of attention. I would just die of embarrassment if someone started joking about me in a public place. I think the choice would depend on what type of atmosphere you would prefer.

I guess it would depend on your sense of humor. If you don't have one, don't go to the 50's Prime Time Cafe. My father in law didn't take in the humor too well and chose not to eat. His meal consisted of a Budweiser and piece of bread. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter