• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sci Fi Diner ?...for those with small kids

jcemom

Official Tag Fairy Assistant
My boys (9 and 10) would like to eat at the Sci Fi at the Studios. They saw a picture of the "cars" and movie screen and think it would be fun. However, I also have a 1 1/2 year old. Would we still be able to be seated in a "car" or would they put us at a regular table? She still uses a high chair, but I could probably put her in a booster seat and just hand her finger foods for this one meal if it would make a difference. Does anyone know?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

When we were there in October I saw a couple with a high chair next to them in the back seat while their other two children sat in the front seat and watched the screen. Sound's like that could be an option for you.

We had a 2 1/2 year old with us. I asked for a booster seat but think we never even needed it. She had no problem getting her food from the table (ledge). She did great eating and watching the screen also. Be sure to get the flashing ice cubes!

Thank you so much! It sounds like we can work it out, then. The cars are a "must do" part of the dining there! I'm sure the boys will "have to have" those ice cubes, too! LOL

It's funny because I've read many posts about all the great dining choices at the Studios, but nothing was appealing to me. So the boys choosing this worked out great! No conflicts! I have read quite a few "not-so-great" reviews about Sci Fi, but as long as I know going in that it may not be the best meal of the trip, I'm okay with that. It can't be any worse than some of the stuff we eat at home on occasion! LOL

Thanks again!

Tracey :sunny:

Just FYI, you may have a really long wait for the "car" tables if you go at a busy time. They also have picnic tables, which aren't as fun and they can't guarantee you will have a car. Make sure you request a car if you really want one. :D

Originally posted by Stimpy
Just FYI, you may have a really long wait for the "car" tables if you go at a busy time.
We're going the first week of February. We can have either lunch or dinner here, it doesn't really matter. Do you have any suggestions as to what would be the best times? I haven't made a PS yet, should I assume that whatever is still available would be a less busy time because those PS times are still available?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter