sci fi dine in

ranokid

Mouseketeer
Is really that cool? Is counter or not? did you sit where you want? tip the waiters if any? how much can we spend if we are 4? can you stay a long time inside?
thanks

The atmopshere of Sc-Fi is pretty cool, it really does feel like you are at a drive-in movie theatre, it's nighttime inside, so it's dark and there are rows and rows of cars lined up (each car holds 6 people--2 per row). You actually eat in 1950's Chevys (my dad will kill me because I don't know the exact make or model :rolleyes: ) and as you are eating you watch clips of cheesy horror movies from the 20's, 30's, 40's and 50's. It is a sit down restaurant with a waiter or waitress.

The food is okay, not great. The restaurant is not about the food, it's about the atmosphere. I can't remember how much our bill was, but I'm thinking $30 for 2 people. You can check out the menu on allearsnet.com.

I would recommend trying Sci-Fi at least once, it's a fun experience. Hope you enjoy!

Krista :cutie:

We loved Sci-Fi because it was dark in there, and it was an unhurried peaceful lunch. The atmosphere made us slow down from the energy of park touring, and it felt great, like a nap! They make great milkshakes, so I sat back in the "car", slurpped my shake, watched the campy flick, and relaxed. I didn't want to leave.

It's full service -- you'll be seated by a host or hostess AND you tip your server. How much you spend depends on what you eat, whether you're all adults, etc., but probably $50 and up for lunch and $70 and up for dinner. BTW, the food is nothing special.

The atmosphere is pretty cool, but I'm not sure I would pay for it again. There's much better food available for the same amount of $.

Food wasn't great...DH and I were a little disappointed..and decided not to eat there again the food did not meet up to the expense of dining there..but the theme was cool..but not cool enough to stay for a second feature.

Most people say that the burgers and shakes are the best food there. I've always had a burger but decided to branch out this trip. I had a tomato and fresh mozzarella salad and a corn soup. Both were good so I have no complaints. I also had iced tea and my bill came to $12 pre tip.

sorry that i didnt mention it was 2 adults and 2 kids, one adult dont eat much. will I need PM

Did you mean ps instead of pm? Yes, you will need one in July.

Yes, you will need a PS. We love the atmosphere in the Sci Fi and we do get the burgers and shakes! The kids love eating in the car and so does my DH, and they get to watch the movie screen too. We prefer this restaurant for lunch though, we like to get out of the hot sun and is in the dark theater. Most of the table are cars, but they do have some regular type tables on the perimeters, more like outdoor furniture. We prefer the cars, of course.:D

I'm one of the few that didn't like SciFi. I felt it was too dark to see anything. Complete strangers were seated in the seat in front of us. I think it's just too cramped to do that. Seat families together but not strangers. The lady's hair kept falling into my plate. My burger was way overcooked. I guess I was expecting something more. I wish MGM/Studios had a few more choices for dining.

DH & I don't care for it much (as far as the food goes it's not the best but edible) but we go every year because DD11 loves it. Atmosphere is great. I love how you feel like it's really night with the stars & all. It's also a nice break from the heat!

The kids seem to really like it.

Lisa

Sci-Fi is one of my favorites.

Its a cool respite from the Florida heat. The theming is awesome, the food is good and the service has always been great when I've been.

Sci Fi is a must-do for us every trip. It's my DH's favorite at WDW. We love the old movie clips, they crack us up, and the whole theming is so fun. Don't go here unless you like cheesy old sci fi movies and theming matters to you though. If you're more into food than atmosphere, this won't be your kind of place.

We always get burgers and shakes, and those are very good, plus they just go with the theming. I don't think I'd try anything else based on reviews I've read.

PS's are definitely needed here because it's always pretty busy.

Sci-Fi is one of my favorite restaurants at the Studios. I love the atmosphere of being indoors and cool out of the Florida heat. Also like to watch the clips of the movies being played. I usually eat here for lunch. Great place for a break.

Sci-Fi is always a must-do restaurant for my family. Some people don't rate it so high, but we love it. I think it gives a a rare chance to slow down for a while in an otherwise busy day. I have never had problems with the burgers, salad, or kids meals there. We still have a couple "flying saucer" frisbees that the kids meals were served on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter