Sci Fi Dine in lunch vs. dinner

hllb

DIS Veteran
Is there any advantage to one over the other? We have both and trying to decide which to keep. The lunch one is an early lunch (11:05) and the dinner one is an early dinner (4:20). As of now, I don't have FPs as my window isn't open yet. The dinner reservation won't conflict with any of the evening shows we want to see. I'm thinking it's just preference as the menu looks the same too.

There is no advantage/disadvantage. The menu is the same, so keep whichever fits in better with your plans. I don't know why, but for us it's always a lunch place.

Sci-Fi is one of the restaurants where I always seem to wait the longest for my ADR, so far that reason I tend to try to do an early lunch before the place gets too backed up. So for that reason, I would vote for your 11:05 lunch. As noted, menu is the same regardless so no advantage/disadvantage food wise.

We went for lunch and loved it! Never been for dinner, though. Our lunch was near 1 pm, I believe. We showed up early because we had done everything we wanted to do at HS. We were only able to get in about 10 minutes early, but that was still better than nothing.

Never done Sci Fi but based on our experiences with other in park restaurants with an all day menu go for lunch. Did not feel as rushed eating lunch as we did at dinner. Chances are at lunch the back up from previous diners isn't as much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts