Scam phone calls

There have been reports of this happening to others. At one point Disney was putting a leaflet in the rooms advising guests to beware of such a scam.

Can someone please share what the scam is? It appears OP deleted the content from this thread.

Typically the person gets a call from the "front desk" saying there is a problem with their credit card and would they please read back the number. Whatever you do, don't give the number. Just say you will stop at the front desk on your way out.

Can someone please share what the scam is? It appears OP deleted the content from this thread.
Typically the person gets a call from the "front desk" saying there is a problem with their credit card and would they please read back the number. Whatever you do, don't give the number. Just say you will stop at the front desk on your way out.

Thank you.

Yes. I work in cybersecurity, and the scams are rampant. A great rule of thumb: Never give credit card info to someone who has called you.

We were called at 6:15am from a person in “billing”. The person was insistent on getting our card because they were completing their shift. I understand they call early or late to catch people in a sleepy state. Disney is our happy place. Sad to see the real world sneak in there.

Wow- good to know this is a thing. Thanks for sharing your experience, but sorry you had to encounter that on your vacation. Scammers are the scum of the earth.

This happened to me staying at the Dolphin 6 years ago. They claimed they were calling from the front desk and I offered to come down but they insisted to do it over the phone. I was dumb and gave them the CC info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter